Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 07:43 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,830,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Somebody put one in an apple?
Something like that.

Think about what I've said so far and compare that to the money changers in the temple.
Toxic mammon, but someone wants to have a security fund!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 09:24 PM

88,866 posts, read 85,274,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Something like that.

Think about what I've said so far and compare that to the money changers in the temple.
Toxic mammon, but someone wants to have a security fund!
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. I'm not really into the "try and figure out my clever cryptic meaning" game on message boards.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:30 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,375,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yes it is. I've found over the years that Christians are largely blind to the evils of this. All you have to do is ask kids that go to Halloween parties what they did for entertainment, and 9 times out of 10, a séance or Ouija board was involved. Glorifying death and gruesome murder scenes is in no way a good thing for children. I provided alternative things for my kids to do with me that were way more exciting to them and told them why mom wouldn't allow them to participate in such things. Peace
Party pooper!

Old 10-28-2017, 06:36 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,375,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I got to see a Day of the Dead in New Mexico one year.
That is cool. I participated in it in Oaxaca, Mexico one year when we went to a cemetery and had tamales while sitting on a grave. The movie Under the Volcano has some great scenes in it.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:45 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,830,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
That is cool. I participated in it in Oaxaca, Mexico one year when we went to a cemetery and had tamales while sitting on a grave. The movie Under the Volcano has some great scenes in it.
Nice stock tip.
Everyone buy painted replica skulls.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:55 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,122,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If you believed the Bible, then you wouldn't have to ask.

1 Thessalonians 5:22
Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Define Evil...

Old 10-29-2017, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Deuteronomy 18
9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
For one thing, this was commanded to the Israelites only...

Second, there is a difference between dressing up and actually being one...I dress up as an aircraft mechanic every night that I go into work because we all know it is a sin to actually be one...

Third, you just quoted [Jewish] law, I thought your Jesus came and abolished the law...

Old 10-29-2017, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
The bible has never called the act of knocking on a door saying trick or treat, a sin.

You have no right to either.

Do not shout out and persecute Christian any day of the week

Wallowing in this wickedness you imagine on this particular day of the year shows who your father is

You will reap what you sow, which is your choice.
What in the world are you talking about?...

Old 10-29-2017, 01:08 AM

Quote:
God will get his message across in the end even if mere man isn't the messenger.
He did it before in the Old Testament.

The devil wants to keep his day identified as his day, but not in an honorable way like we honor Martin Luther King.
Satans minion's are working hard to get that accomplished by posting on message boards.
Problem is, all days were created and belong to, God.

Do you have any biblical proof of this?...

Old 10-29-2017, 01:15 AM

Quote:
For the Christian, every day is the Sabbath.
Then Christians should not be working at all...

Quote:
But just as some only eat vegetables because they are weak, we are to be patient with those who are weak in the faith.

Quote:
Romans 14:5 One man regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
Your Jesus never said this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity