Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 03:32 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,463,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
rev 3 . I don't have to overcome with them because I am not them.. I will "be protected from the hour of trial coming on the whole world" same rev 3 ... ..I will and have had and will have other things to overcome. I have no intention of sitting with him on his throne unless invited. but I have no such goals of that kind of authority, at least not there .
my point was and is Laodicea is self-deceived into believing they are worthy when they are not worthy of salvation in His eyes. His eyes are the only eyes that count. .. by the time they figure it out it will be too late and only one path will bring them salvation. the only path that is like the cup he and the apostles drank was crucifiction.. the few that follow through will gain great authority in his kingdom, and they will deserve it!!!
I can't make this any clearer... read the scriptures I posted !!!! I will not answer again! I can only reword a thing so many times since you refuse to read and ask a legitimate question.

fyi one more time.... it appears from the letter to Laodicea that any degree of self-deception now is the worst kind of suicide later. that is if you at any time in the future you seek to be "saved" and to live in his kingdom . but that too is your choice.
Your bible has a lot to say about overcoming in this life. Stop being paranoid about being deceived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 04:03 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,757,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Your bible has a lot to say about overcoming in this life. Stop being paranoid about being deceived.
Oh and to think you care so much ... but I'm not paranoid about it, I have seen my obstacles and know my lack of strength is epic. but in my weakness, I am made strong. I SEEN MYSELF IN THE MIRROR AND I KNOW MY WEAKNESSES.. I know I can trust him for the strength to overcome it.
but NOW the Laodiceans like the atheists aren't worried, they never worried ... of course, they aren't really believers either .. because they don't know his voice and they don't hear his knocking.

yet they should be praying now for direction, faith, and healing now while they can. Because I don't know if churches can be changed or not. but changing your church would be advisable if it can be done anyway..
ps each church and each church age have its own strength and things the people in it will have to overcome.
but TO YOU .. I GUESS I all I can tell you is, 'don't worry be happy! ', because that is your advice right? about everything right? ..

SO DON'T BE OFFENDED BUT I won't take your advice seriously. IT IS JUST NOT WHO I AM .
I plan to be as prepared as my Lord will let me be.
I believe in training for the Olympics before the Olympics , not after IT .. .
no I won't get out there and fall at the starting blocks.
I believe in muscle memory and training.
to not be prepared, WELL Nope that is not me!
BUT have a blast at your race though sir..

Old 12-27-2017, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Oh and to think you care so much ... but I'm not paranoid about it, I have seen my obstacles and know my lack of strength is epic. but in my weakness, I am made strong. I SEEN MYSELF IN THE MIRROR AND I KNOW MY WEAKNESSES.. I know I can trust him for the strength to overcome it.
but NOW the Laodiceans like the atheists aren't worried, they never worried ... of course, they aren't really believers either .. because they don't know his voice and they don't hear his knocking.

yet they should be praying now for direction, faith, and healing now while they can. Because I don't know if churches can be changed or not. but changing your church would be advisable if it can be done anyway..
ps each church and each church age have its own strength and things the people in it will have to overcome.
but TO YOU .. I GUESS I all I can tell you is, 'don't worry be happy! ', because that is your advice right? about everything right? ..

SO DON'T BE OFFENDED BUT I won't take your advice seriously. IT IS JUST NOT WHO I AM .
I plan to be as prepared as my Lord will let me be.
I believe in training for the Olympics before the Olympics , not after IT .. .
no I won't get out there and fall at the starting blocks.
I believe in muscle memory and training.
to not be prepared, WELL Nope that is not me!
BUT have a blast at your race though sir..
Ok, so you believe in training before the olympics, how are you training for the christian olympics?.

Stop assuming too what you think i believe. i never said anything about don't worry be happy, but in saying that you obviously do not your own bible, Jesus said do not worry, Paul said Rejoice in the Lord always, the Psalmist said he has made me glad and happy are the people whose God is the Lord. These things no doubt mean nothing to you because you are seemingly only happy when you are paranoid about being deceived.

Here is a positive affirmation for your struggle with your weaknesses. Let the weak say I AM strong. I can do all things through Christ who is my strength.

Ps, you are paranoid about being deceived, you are constantly referring to it.

Old 12-27-2017, 06:41 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,467,099 times
Quote:
no but it was about the power of positive thinking that your not in a sewer when in fact you are a sewer that must be Changed BY OUR CREATOR before entry into the kingdom can happen. BUT IN THE CASE OF LAODICEA , DISCOVERING IT WAY TOO LATE .... AND THERE IS ONLY A ONE WAY STREET AT THAT POINT.
I believe what pcamps is asking you, is what you mean by saying, metaphorically, that you are (or were) a sewer, a conduit for waste matter and filth? Is that really how you feel or have felt about yourself? What is it that causes you to think that way? And how are you being changed by your Creator? What's different about you now?

Old 12-27-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I believe what pcamps is asking you, is what you mean by saying, metaphorically, that you are (or were) a sewer, a conduit for waste matter and filth? Is that really how you feel or have felt about yourself? What is it that causes you to think that way? And how are you being changed by your Creator? What's different about you now?
this is none of your business.
I have shared all my sins on this list someplace ..

but most I will say that all you have to do is read what I posted of Jesus veiw of those self-deceived Laodiceans..

Rev 3:14
¶
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne and he tells the disciples what it costs to sit on his throne as he does..

I did not call them anything I was just translating for children who seem unable to read or comprehend and or unwilling ! but HE did say they are not his and do not know his voice...and are not saved

since I posted this to show how people can deceive themselves into a place of false identities.. in the future, thus then having being crucified( if they wish to enter His salvation/KINGDOM ..) .... NONe of your questions are or have been relevant to the subject I was speaking too on the OQ of Positive thinking and the power and effects of self-deception.. maybe try and stay on track people!
I just wished to make a point from scripture and you want to argue in cicles over then insanity that is possitive thinking.. instead of seeking truth and seeking him until you are washed clean.

good luck.. but I made my point clear .. read it and weap .

Old 12-27-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I didn't realize she was referring to herself as being a sewer. If this is how Jesus makes you feel, then as far as i am concerned that Jesus is not the Christ but the anti christ. Can you imagine being around someone who makes you feel like that. Mental abuse is what i call that.

What i have been trying to get from xupia is what is it that is working for her in her daily work.

If it is not effective then i am not interested in any formula. These verses of scripture here clearly tells us that there is a power within us that enables us to lead a fullfilling life of effectiveness, and that power is enabled by what we are acknowledging.

That the communication of your faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

Old 12-27-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I didn't realize she was referring to herself as being a sewer. If this is how Jesus makes you feel, then as far as i am concerned that Jesus is not the Christ but the anti christ. Can you imagine being around someone who makes you feel like that. Mental abuse is what i call that.

What i have been trying to get from xupia is what is it that is working for her in her daily work.

If it is not effective then i am not interested in any formula. These verses of scripture here clearly tells us that there is a power within us that enables us to lead a fullfilling life of effectiveness, and that power is enabled by what we are acknowledging.

That the communication of your faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

formulas are witchcraft ...theft in the levels of the spiritual..
relationship and obedience to his spirit and his presence , there is healing and cleansing and that found only in him ! go to church, read your bible, pray , fast and seek him will all your heart.. easy peazy...

Old 12-27-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
formulas are witchcraft ...theft in the levels of the spiritual..
relationship and obedience to his spirit and his presence , there is healing and cleansing and that found only in him ! go to church, read your bible, pray , fast and seek him will all your heart.. easy peazy...
Ok, So you are saying the formula of reading the bible, praying, fasting and seeking God with all your heart is how you overcome in this life. It seems to me from all what you are saying in your posts is obedience to his spirit and presence is to believe and hold fast to all what you believe about the bible, which to be quite frank with you is utter nonsense and just appears to be a form of godliness to those who are easily led astray by every wind of doctrine.

You are aware that there are scriptures that clearly teach us how to have a fruitful and meaningful life

Jesus taught us to abide in his love, Paul told us to be rooted and established in his love and that we are nothing without it, Peter told us to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, John told us that to be perfected in love(for that is what God is doing within all of us) then we are to be confident in the love God has for us, The Spirit said to the Ephesian church that they had fallen because they had left their first love(Loving God in the light of knowing God loved us first and always had done).

Old 12-27-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:

Jesus taught us to abide in his love, Paul told us to be rooted and established in his love and .
yes when your "love" looks and talks and walk like His love

Mar 16:16
“He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
Mar 16:17
And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18
“they[fn] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

these are belief.. and only these are proof of belief. a few more to be added are everything Jesus did and even greater things will they do who LOVE( with the real LOVE).......>

to get there the only way is obedience/ to the master/ the king.. of a kingdom.. to be his disciples/ his apprentices of the one raised by the Father the exact same way.. the Father is perfect LOVE.. .. these are saved because they believe.

right now men are apprentices to their own belly buttons or maybe other body parts....

Old 12-27-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
yes when your "love" looks and talks and walk like His love

Mar 16:16
“He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
Mar 16:17
And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18
“they[fn] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

these are belief.. and only these are proof of belief. a few more to be added are everything Jesus did and even greater things will they do who LOVE( with the real LOVE).......>

to get there the only way is obedience/ to the master/ the king.. of a kingdom.. to be his disciples/ his apprentices of the one raised by the Father the exact same way.. the Father is perfect LOVE.. .. these are saved because they believe.

right now men are apprentices to their own belly buttons or maybe other body parts....
Ok, how are you obedient to your master ?. By what was it that Jesus said that all men would know how we are his disciples?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity