Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 05:16 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,858,471 times

Advertisements

This post is based off an idea I had, that I believe God gave me. We should help bear one another’s burdens and share in them. I’m going to ‘tee off’ first.

I am such a hypocrite. I talk a lot about patience, and I am one of those impatient people you’re likely to meet.

I am mean sometimes. There are people who knock on my door asking for things. I have incredible difficulty saying no, because I love giving to others, and helping them, but they take advantage. I know I should help them anyway, but I don’t, because I don’t have much myself, and if I run out of food, or money, or other things before the end of the month, I am in trouble. I don’t feel like I trust God enough in these moments to supply all my needs, I shouldn’t be afraid of being broke but the idea of being broke freaks me out.The thought of a negative account balance really freaks me out.

I allow my neighbor to gossip to me. That kind of thing bothers me a lot. But I don’t say anything.

I’m not as good to my body as I’d like to be. I smoke (which in itself isn’t sinful), which hurts my body (temple of the Holy Spirit). I don’t exercise enough. I tell myself that I smoke so I won’t be so mean haha. The truth is, I’m addicted, and would love to quit, but I’m not strong enough right now.

I feel jealousy. I see couples, and want what they have, that soul deep connection to another person. I also see Moms with kids, and while I love both, it is painful to know I will never have one of my own. I am deeply grateful that God has given me so much, but I still want what others have sometimes.

Sometimes I swear. You all should hear me when I lose something (several times a day, this one), Lord have mercy. (the progression is: lose my keys, or something else>then my patience>then my mind)While I don’t see that as necessarily sinful, it’s something that I don’t like in myself, and feel embarrassed when I do swear.

I don’t study scripture as often as I’d like to. I get distracted by other things.

I’m not as loving as I want to be. I’ve said some thing to my brothers and sisters here (and other places), and I regret being so harsh, I’ve probably come across as angry and bitter, and I’m not. I have trouble expressing myself from a place of lovingkindness sometimes.

Those are the big ones I struggle with daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 05:47 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,251,097 times
first thanks for the response, second, don't feel like the Lone Ranger, we all are in the same boat. Honesty is the best policy, I commend you on your Honesty.

we all are a hypocrite, one way or another. but to make it short, don't beat yourself up, or short change yourself.

I would like to give you one scripture, with that I hope it helps. Romans 4:3-5 "For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness".

did you understand what was just said by God through his apostle? listen, no matter if you're a hypocrite, smoker, impatient, gossip with neighbors, jealous, (covet, wanting what others have), swear, and don't study the scriptures as you should. BELIEVE God, and it will be counted unto you for righteousness. and while believing, the Lord Jesus will work on these things for you... (smile). for he is the author and finisher of "YOUR" Faith not mine, or someone else's, no but yours.

are you reading me?

scripture, Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;24 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus".

see greekgurl, we all are candidates for the Lord Jesus to work on, and he's not finished with us yet.

PS "NEVER" stop believing in Jesus the Christ no matter what.

PCY.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:10 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,834,460 times
You’re not alone, geekigurl. I’m not going to list my sins on an internet message board, but they are many. In God’s power, we do better every day. Thankfully, we live under grace.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:30 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,285,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
This post is based off an idea I had, that I believe God gave me. We should help bear one another’s burdens and share in them. I’m going to ‘tee off’ first.

I am such a hypocrite. I talk a lot about patience, and I am one of those impatient people you’re likely to meet.

I am mean sometimes. There are people who knock on my door asking for things. I have incredible difficulty saying no, because I love giving to others, and helping them, but they take advantage. I know I should help them anyway, but I don’t, because I don’t have much myself, and if I run out of food, or money, or other things before the end of the month, I am in trouble. I don’t feel like I trust God enough in these moments to supply all my needs, I shouldn’t be afraid of being broke but the idea of being broke freaks me out.The thought of a negative account balance really freaks me out.

I allow my neighbor to gossip to me. That kind of thing bothers me a lot. But I don’t say anything.

I’m not as good to my body as I’d like to be. I smoke (which in itself isn’t sinful), which hurts my body (temple of the Holy Spirit). I don’t exercise enough. I tell myself that I smoke so I won’t be so mean haha. The truth is, I’m addicted, and would love to quit, but I’m not strong enough right now.

I feel jealousy. I see couples, and want what they have, that soul deep connection to another person. I also see Moms with kids, and while I love both, it is painful to know I will never have one of my own. I am deeply grateful that God has given me so much, but I still want what others have sometimes.

Sometimes I swear. You all should hear me when I lose something (several times a day, this one), Lord have mercy. (the progression is: lose my keys, or something else>then my patience>then my mind)While I don’t see that as necessarily sinful, it’s something that I don’t like in myself, and feel embarrassed when I do swear.

I don’t study scripture as often as I’d like to. I get distracted by other things.

I’m not as loving as I want to be. I’ve said some thing to my brothers and sisters here (and other places), and I regret being so harsh, I’ve probably come across as angry and bitter, and I’m not. I have trouble expressing myself from a place of lovingkindness sometimes.

Those are the big ones I struggle with daily.

Here my number 1, not the only ONE mind you--

I absolutely HATE-- with the greatest passion on earth -- those who try to manipulate others through FEAR, THREATS and SUFFERING (both physical and or economical)so intensely that I dream about terrorizing those who do such vile and disgusting acts under the guise of IT WILL MAKE YOU A GREATER PERSON in such a way that I would never never never feel one bit of remorse double-tapping them and tossing them into the hottest burning Gehenna that ever may have existed.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You’re not alone, geekigurl. I’m not going to list my sins on an internet message board, but they are many. In God’s power, we do better every day. Thankfully, we live under grace.
It's liberating, yet terrifying. I was debating on whether or not to start this thread. I'm glad I did though.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Here my number 1, not the only ONE mind you--

I absolutely HATE-- with the greatest passion on earth -- those who try to manipulate others through FEAR, THREATS and SUFFERING (both physical and or economical)so intensely that I dream about terrorizing those who do such vile and disgusting acts under the guise of IT WILL MAKE YOU A GREATER PERSON in such a way that I would never never never feel one bit of remorse double-tapping them and tossing them into the hottest burning Gehenna that ever may have existed.

I am frustrated and angered by those types of people too, Z.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
first thanks for the response, second, don't feel like the Lone Ranger, we all are in the same boat. Honesty is the best policy, I commend you on your Honesty.

we all are a hypocrite, one way or another. but to make it short, don't beat yourself up, or short change yourself.

I would like to give you one scripture, with that I hope it helps. Romans 4:3-5 "For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness".

did you understand what was just said by God through his apostle? listen, no matter if you're a hypocrite, smoker, impatient, gossip with neighbors, jealous, (covet, wanting what others have), swear, and don't study the scriptures as you should. BELIEVE God, and it will be counted unto you for righteousness. and while believing, the Lord Jesus will work on these things for you... (smile). for he is the author and finisher of "YOUR" Faith not mine, or someone else's, no but yours.

are you reading me?

scripture, Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;24 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus".

see greekgurl, we all are candidates for the Lord Jesus to work on, and he's not finished with us yet.

Quote:
PS "NEVER" stop believing in Jesus the Christ no matter what.

PCY.
I won't. Peter said to Jesus after He asked the apostles if they were going to stop following Him as others did. Peter said "We don't have anywhere else to go, you're the only one that brings life." I'm with Peter. I love Romans. I love just about all of Paul's letters.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-17-2018 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: missing quote tag

Old 03-17-2018, 06:58 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,251,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
It's liberating, yet terrifying. I was debating on whether or not to start this thread. I'm glad I did though.
this is what "healing" is all about, James 5:16 "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”.

spiritual healing is just important as physical healing.

PCY.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:26 AM

88,767 posts, read 85,156,095 times
So ya did it, geekigurl. Let me just say that once again, you've demonstrated the characteristic I most admire in other people--Courage!

I actually have posted on here before as part of a conversation that one of the reasons I continued to go to a church where the main message preached is "We show our love for God by loving our neighbors" is because that doesn't come to me naturally. I have to be reminded. Sometimes the ones who need love most are the hardest for me to muster up love for. I see their walls and their anger and meanness and react in kind, but that's not the right way. Something makes people put up those defenses. I am learning to detach and not take things personally.

Something else I am working on that I don't do enough is remembering to be thankful. I take too many blessings for granted.

I get angry and forget sometimes that the plans are not all mine to make, but that has taught me--painfully--to trust God more. Still have a ways to go on that one, too.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:29 AM

88,767 posts, read 85,156,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
this is what "healing" is all about, James 5:16 "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”.

spiritual healing is just important as physical healing.

PCY.
Bolded and repeated for its truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity