Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 06:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,401,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
From gotquestions.org:

Do pets go to heaven?

Quote:
The Bible does not give any explicit teaching on whether pets/animals have “souls” or whether pets/animals will be in heaven. However, we can use general biblical principles to develop some clarity on the subject. The Bible states that both man (Genesis 2:7) and animals (Genesis 1:30; 6:17; 7:15, 22) have the “breath of life”; that is, both man and animals are living beings. The primary difference between human beings and animals is that humanity is made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27), while animals are not. Being made in the image and likeness of God means that human beings are like God, capable of spirituality, with mind, emotion, and will, and they have a part of their being that continues after death. If pets/animals do have a “soul” or immaterial aspect, it must therefore be of a different and lesser “quality.” This difference possibly means that pet/animal “souls” do not continue in existence after death.
You wouldn't be alive without a "living" soul, and no soul is immortal by nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 08:49 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,056,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You wouldn't be alive without a "living" soul, and no soul is immortal by nature.

Sure they are. Problem is everyone that thinks this way thinks that death is only the cessation of a physical body. But we are told there is spiritual death as well. Peace

Old 03-26-2018, 01:19 PM

28,114 posts, read 30,023,553 times
Quote:
ALL dogs and cats go to heaven! And ALL human beings will be resurrected to new life.
Right on!

Old 03-26-2018, 03:07 PM

7,601 posts, read 6,103,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
What sets as apart from other creations?
Body. Cats have that too.
Spirit. Cats have that too.
Soul. Only man has that. To know right and wrong, good and evil.

Please read the experiment done by Dr. Duncan MacDougall in 1907 on Snopes.
Not True

Cats do have souls.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:35 PM

2,168 posts, read 3,139,957 times
Where I’m from, when cats die we assume they just end up at the Chinese restaurant on the corner.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:05 PM

23,206 posts, read 10,500,373 times
I once owned an Egyptian Mau, or maybe he owned me, and this was no average cat, I swear this cat understood the English language and what sucked about him was his never ending opinions that irritated me beyond measure, he just always had to get his meow in there and it made me sick after a while even though he was always right, what a cad, I never liked that cat, the prophet he was, and I swear, whatever soul fell in him was probably the meanest person ever born, uncaring, often just really an inconsiderate soul, really. That Cat, well, I can't compare him to a regular Cat, especially with the way he had with that stupid face where he somehow smiled with his mouth but had evil in his eyes, it never matched, it was telling on him. It's too long of a story to explain but that Cat told me the date of my death and how I would die with such a grin that I almost believed him and his lying meows. Now I don't know if cats have a soul or if they go to heaven or hell, but I have my suspicions, and if any cat deserved to go to hell, it was that damned Egyptian Mau, O, He was so haughty with his ways, the freak that he was with those condescending meows.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Sure they are. Problem is everyone that thinks this way thinks that death is only the cessation of a physical body. But we are told there is spiritual death as well. Peace
Right ...and the resurrection consists of only the physical body ...because you are immortal.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:29 PM

God has nine lives, according to Trinitarian Benny Hinn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beiSK3kxh4U

Old 03-27-2018, 07:43 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,056,770 times
Quote:
Right ...and the resurrection consists of only the physical body ...because you are immortal.

And Adam and Eve (a type of soul) "died" yet continued to walk around until their physical bodies died. Again, there is more to death than the cessation of physical life. Peace

Old 03-27-2018, 01:02 PM

23,206 posts, read 10,500,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Where I’m from, when cats die we assume they just end up at the Chinese restaurant on the corner.
That's terrible, what kind of person would eat a cat? Now dogs on the other hand, I like those little chiwawas BBQ slow over an open flame, but you can keep all the poodles, I never did like the way they cooked, sort of like cooking goat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity