Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 05:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You have 0 proof of that. In Fact--In EVERY translation on earth, the teachings of Jesus are the same barring Earth or Land At Matt 5:5--God preserved his sons teachings. Those teachings point to the JW teachers as his. In EVERY translation on earth. Few know what he actually taught. Its very sad--Many give him lip service, yeet don't even know what he actually taught. Very strange.
You have zero proof that anything in the bible is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 07:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
You have 0 proof of that. In Fact--In EVERY translation on earth, the teachings of Jesus are the same barring Earth or Land At Matt 5:5--God preserved his sons teachings. Those teachings point to the JW teachers as his. In EVERY translation on earth. Few know what he actually taught. Its very sad--Many give him lip service, yet don't even know what he actually taught. Very strange.
His teachings point away from religion, not towards another hierarchy.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:56 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ask God to show you rather than standing in opposition. Beg.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:58 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Jesus spoke to 7 congregations in Revelation, occurring as we speak==Proves, Jesus is with one single religion(1Cor 1:10)--As well, Jesus promised to appoint his anointed teachers( Matt 24:45) here in these last days as well. So your post is not truth and you need to relook, or need new teachers.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
You have 0 proof of that. In Fact--In EVERY translation on earth, the teachings of Jesus are the same barring Earth or Land At Matt 5:5--God preserved his sons teachings. Those teachings point to the JW teachers as his. In EVERY translation on earth. Few know what he actually taught. Its very sad--Many give him lip service, yeet don't even know what he actually taught. Very strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Jesus spoke to 7 congregations in Revelation, occurring as we speak==Proves, Jesus is with one single religion (1Cor 1:10) -- As well, Jesus promised to appoint his anointed teachers (Matt 24:45) here in these last days as well. So your post is not truth and you need to relook, or need new teachers.
1 Corinthians 1:10
I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Matthew 24:45-50
Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

No offense, but your teachers' have not been put in charge of anything.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:

Are you here just to make fun and mock Christians since you obviously do not believe? It sure seems like it. Why waste your time?

Old 04-19-2018, 07:46 PM

88,585 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Are you here just to make fun and mock Christians since you obviously do not believe? It sure seems like it. Why waste your time?
I don't think there was any mocking in that statement. It was rather factual.

I am Christian myself, but I don't state my view of my faith as if what I follow is factual. It has been my spiritual path for various reasons, but I know what worked out for me in my life doesn't ring true for everyone else. What I once heard from a Quaker cannot be stated too often: "I cannot tell others how to experience God. I can only know how I experience God."

When people make absolute statements about their beliefs as if they are obvious facts, it is illogical to think that non-believers are going to smack their foreheads and say, "Of course! Why didn't I see that before?"

What you see as fact is not obvious to a non-believer, and you should not expect that a non-believer sees what you do. Can you not look at it from their point of view and see that? Why not? IMO, you seriously need to do some looking at the way you address others instead of worrying about what they say.

Why can't you use "I statements" to say "I believe in the Catholic way because blah blah blah". Everyone won't agree with you, but they might respect your belief if you state it as your belief rather than something everyone else should see because you it's the way you see it.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:59 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Can't nobody even prove that Jesus ever lived, and this is the truth, I mean, Personally, I have proved it to myself, but if I was a Jew and a skeptic, nobody has real proof, you right about that Kingfish.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Ask God to show you rather than standing in opposition. Beg.
No.

I want nothing from that psychotic character in Genesis.

I especially don't want to turn into a robot like that guy in your mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I am here to reprove and correct fundamentalists - of which you are one.

I do not consider it a waste of my time. I consider it a service to mankind.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:39 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think there was any mocking in that statement. It was rather factual.

I am Christian myself, but I don't state my view of my faith as if what I follow is factual. It has been my spiritual path for various reasons, but I know what worked out for me in my life doesn't ring true for everyone else. What I once heard from a Quaker cannot be stated too often: "I cannot tell others how to experience God. I can only know how I experience God."

When people make absolute statements about their beliefs as if they are obvious facts, it is illogical to think that non-believers are going to smack their foreheads and say, "Of course! Why didn't I see that before?"

What you see as fact is not obvious to a non-believer, and you should not expect that a non-believer sees what you do. Can you not look at it from their point of view and see that? Why not? IMO, you seriously need to do some looking at the way you address others instead of worrying about what they say.

Why can't you use "I statements" to say "I believe in the Catholic way because blah blah blah". Everyone won't agree with you, but they might respect your belief if you state it as your belief rather than something everyone else should see because you it's the way you see it.
I also went to school and believed in my teacher's information or else they were all lying to me. I can also do my own research which we all do who go to school. Test it against real world experience.

To say how can you know anything in the bible is true, then why even be on a Christian forum? It's like the atheists who have to chime in each time religion is brought up online to say why do you believe in the sky fairy. Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's from reading the books and listening to theologians and scholars over the years who have spent their lives studying the subject. I think I will believe them over the people online who seemed to have never cracked open the bible, to inform me what is in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity