Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2018, 06:36 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times

Advertisements

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."

NOT

Some people, not many people>>>>>>

ALL people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amHW-xdbzE

Old 12-23-2018, 08:34 AM

From eternity past God intended that the most vivid and profound demonstration of his glory would come in the form of His work of salvation on the cross of Christ.

- God then made man to punish him.

- He made him perfect and thus unlikely to ever need punishing, or, for that matter, a Savior.

- By a happy coincidence, and against all the odds, this perfect man sinned, thus allowing God to fulfill His purposes for both the man and Christ.

- When he sinned, God, who is suddenly confronted with the prospect of being able to fulfill all of His original plans, becomes furious.

What you have just read is not a joke. I wish that it were.

Rather, I have simply enumerated the points that comprise the Calvinist theological system, or, as I call it:

the Happy Coincidence model of sin and salvation.

It reflects what can only be described as an Alice-in-Wonderland reality, in -which the only sense is nonsense, and logic is the enemy. -Stephen Campana-

Old 12-23-2018, 10:21 AM

Dear brother: The longing within us is to be worthy of more darkness fleeing from His glorious Presence as He encompasses us in Himself.

Coming within mere degrees of His unspeakable unknown has a certain ring of the imaginary of the second heaven, indeed it does.

After this brief walk with Him I am finding the mere degrees awakening a longing for more & more small increments of the "unspeakable"! Please note: my old frame will only handle small increments, very small indeed!

"Unspeakable"=

Not speakable/ that may not be spoken.

Exceeding the power of speech; unutterable; inexpressible; indescribable.

The Lord bless you, my brother, as He leads you, and all of us, into the unspeakable aspects of His great love & grace.

Lambent glow

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/lambent

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/glow?s=t

Old 12-24-2018, 01:13 AM

"Thankfully only a minute group believes this nonsense."

Dear friend: this "nonsense" is clearly articulated in the following>>>

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose or the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you..."

I love the "nonsense" of what our Father "cherishes."

Further: can you tell all of us what we are commanded to teach in St. Paul's letter to Timothy regarding the malista of this "nonsense"??

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

Old 12-24-2018, 10:27 AM

The Pathway To Glory

THE WAY OF GOD'S SPIRIT.

BUT SUPPOSE I CAN'T BELIEVE?

WHY DID GOD GIVE HIS SON FOR US?

Below>>>>>

The Pathway To Glory, by Leon A. Bynoe

Old 12-26-2018, 01:49 PM

Dear friends: This has been a wonderful year speaking out of what our Father cherishes in His Beloved Son, the Master of Reconciliation, the Lord Jesus Christ'

To all of you on C.F. our wishes for a new year filled with Him. We all have our battles to face, but in them He is there for us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amHW-xdbzE

Old 12-26-2018, 01:55 PM

"It's not about us inviting Jesus into our hearts.

It's about us coming to see that He's already included us in His."

https://www.thebvbs.com/quotes

Old 12-28-2018, 05:21 AM

"Give them not hell, but hope and courage. Preach the everlasting love of God." – John Murray-

"The fact remains—we are God’s offspring, created from a foundation of goodness that has gone wrong. History since the Garden is the gradual story of how God is slowly putting that wrongness right...and will continue to do so." –Michael Phillips-

"For myself I can say, that if there is a God, and he is such a being as [the Universalist] describes, I can bow before him and give him all my heart. He says God is love, made the world in love, and in perfect wisdom, and well adapted to serve the divine purpose. He then made a family, all of them have sinned, and some of them have fallen very low, but God is determined, according to [the Universalist], to stand by His family, every one of them, let come what will come, till he makes all of them respectable. This standing by His family, as every true Father ought to do, is what I like in [the Universalist's]idea of God. But if there is a God, and he has created a family and will at last turn against most of them, and in burning wrath cast them into Hell forever, as [traditional Christianity] describe(s), I should hate him—he is not as good as I am, for I propose to stand by my family and every member of it for as long as I live. It is an insult to ask me to love and worship a God who is guilty of doing what we would detest in an earthly father." –Robert Ingersoll-

Old 12-28-2018, 07:13 AM

Dear Ronald: According to my view>>>

The polus "made sinners" in Adam1 are the identical polus "made righteous" in the Last Adam, the Master of Reconciliation, the Lord of Glory!

Welcome to the Ultimate recovery program

"God rescued us from dead-end alleys and dark dungeons. He’s set us up in the kingdom of the Son he loves so much, the Son who got us out of the pit we were in, got rid of the sins we were doomed to keep repeating.

Christ Holds It All Together

We look at this Son and see the God who cannot be seen. We look at this Son and see God’s original purpose in everything created.

For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels—everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him.

He was there before any of it came into existence and holds it all together right up to this moment. And when it comes to the church, he organizes and holds it together, like a head does a body.

He was supreme in the beginning and—leading the resurrection parade—he is supreme in the end.

From beginning to end he’s there, towering far above everything, everyone. Everything of God finds its proper place in him without crowding. Not only that, but>>>

all the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe—people and things, animals and atoms—get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of his death, his blood that poured down from the cross."

-The Message-

Old 12-28-2018, 08:13 AM

Dear Ronald:

I am faced with Scripture that declares the purpose of Abba is to reconcile the entire creation back into union with Himself.

That reconciliation extends to all dimensions of the universe of the heavens, the earth & the underworld!

In the final consummation of the ta panta, every knee bows, every tongue exclaims You are Lord! This worship by all beings is IN/EN the Name of Jesus and is NOT by perfunctory genuflections.

Yes, according to my view all beings are drawn, dragged by the mighty power of the Unlimited One back Home!

Can you define reconcile for us? Do you grasp what being IN/EN Jesus Christ means?

Perhaps St. Paul did not grasp what is commanded to teach? Perhaps St John was discombobulated in the scope of worship >>>perhaps LOL.

"And every created thing which is in the heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and on the sea, and all things are in them, heard I saying, Unto him that sitteth on the throne, and unto the Lamb, [be] the blessing, and the honor, and the glory, and the dominion, for ever and ever. And the four living creatures said, Amen. And the elders fell down and worshipped."

"I will draw ALL mankind unto Me"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity