Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 09:26 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"I form light and create darkness; I make peace and create evil. I, the Lord, do all these things." -Isa. 45:7
How can good create evil? Really? God created murder, theft, adultry, lies, hatred? I think this verse ^^^ can better be explained by this:

Amos 3

6 When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble? When disaster comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 09:33 AM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
LOL. I just checked, and found this site (www.evil.com). Didn't spend any time there, but I had a chuckle nonetheless. Gotta love the internet...

Old 04-26-2018, 09:39 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How can good create evil? Really? God created murder, theft, adultry, lies, hatred? I think this verse ^^^ can better be explained by this:

Amos 3

6 When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble? When disaster comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it?
So, like all fundies, you just believe the bible bits you like.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:26 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:

Amos 3

You didn't read the link she posted. No biggie, I don't read every link either. But, had you read it, you would have seen that your argument is addressed there and found wanting:

From the link:

"I form light and create darkness; I make peace and create evil. I, the Lord, do all these things." (Is. 45:7). This passage is most strange and unaccountable on the ground of any of the current orthodox creeds. God creates evil! It cannot be! But here it is in the word. What will you do with it? "We must explain it somehow," says Orthodoxy, "and yet save our creed. How shall it be done? Suppose we say that the evil here spoken of is not moral evil, sin, or wrongdoing, but physical evil, famines, pestilences, tornadoes, etc., which God controls and sends upon mankind as punishment for their wickedness." It will not do! The word here rendered evil is the one commonly used throughout the Old Testament to denote wickedness, sin, wrongdoing. In some five hundred passages it is so used. For example, see (Gen. 6:5; Num. 14:27; Deut. 31:29; I Kings 11:6; 16:30; Psa. 34:21). The very same word in the original is also rendered "wicked" and "wickedness" more than a hundred times. (See for example Gen. 6:5; 13:13; Psa. 94:23; 101:4).

Old 04-26-2018, 10:29 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:

Amos 3

Jimmie, I know the prophet Isaiah had a very small grasp of the Lord God of glory and His great plan!

Again I ask....

Do you grasp the fact that man was "made subject to vanity, NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope..?"

Old 04-26-2018, 10:34 AM

For the record, I don't believe God creates evil* either. But there's really no denying that the bible indicates differently.

*Aisi, evil is a judgment we make about, and a label we put on, things that are done out of a lack of being in alignment and harmony with love.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:36 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Jimmie, I know the prophet Isaiah had a very small grasp of the Lord God of glory and His great plan!

Again I ask....

Do you grasp the fact that man was "made subject to vanity, NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope..?"
Yes, I’m familiar with that passage. What does that have to do with God supposedly creating evil?

Old 04-26-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:

Again I ask....

If you want jimmie to read what I posted from your link, I believe you'll have to copy and paste it, because I'm pretty sure I'm on jimmie's wall of shame [ignore list].

Old 04-26-2018, 10:44 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If you want jimmie to read what I posted from your link, I believe you'll have to copy and paste it, because I'm pretty sure I'm on jimmie's wall of shame [ignore list].
It's a large and ever-growing list of interesting people who make thought-provoking posts.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
In order for us to have true free will, there needed to be an alternative to God/ good, sort of like if you to the car lot and there is only one single car for sale... the buyer really doesnt have a CHOICE when there is only one car to select, there must be at least 2 for the buyer to have a choice.

This is mainly why I believe satan and the fall was something that needed to happen, satan is just doing what he was created to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity