Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 08:22 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,777,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
And Jesus twice told the 2 on the road to Emmaus the whole OT spoke of Him
Exactly. It has been said, if all we had was Isaiah 53, we could share the gospel with the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 12:28 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,870 times
Oh boys . SO some of you will be really upset when you find out at some future Feast of Taberncles that He will have sacrifices again if you like it or not.. Of course IT STATES CLEARLY THAT , some won't like it and they won't come and bring their offerings and they won't get rain either.
IT SEEMS IN THAT TIME Our faithfulness will have his blessing attached to them.. Yep kind of like now.. SEE EZEKIAL 'S TEMPLE AND
.Zec 14:18

If the family of Egypt does not go up or enter, then no rain will fall on them; it will be the plague with which the LORD smites the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths

Zec 14:19

This will be the [fn]punishment of Egypt, and the [fn]punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.
Zec 14:20

In that day there will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, “HOLY TO THE LORD.” And the cooking pots in the LORD’S house will be like the bowls before the altar.

Zec 14:21

Every cooking pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to the LORD of hosts; and all who sacrifice will come and take of them and boil in them. And there will no longer be a [fn]Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts in that day.

MIGHT I SUGGEST YOU NOT THROW AWAY THE OLD TESTAMENT.. EVERY WORD IN HIS WORD IS PROFITABLE FOR

2Ti 3:16

All Scripture is [fn]inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for [fn]training in righteousness;

AS OBVIOUSLY THOSE MEN SAYING SUCH THINGS HAVE NO CONCERN TO SEEK OR LEARN HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 07-11-2018 at 12:52 PM..

Old 07-11-2018, 12:58 PM

So anyway if we are going to start tossing out Bible verses that should be ignored .. And yoU all want to toss out the old testament.. Then can i start throwing away all the scriptures that Jesus fullfilled ? ALL HE fulfilled and he will fulfill in the old testament also?

Like loving his neighbor?
OR HOW ABOUT . Pro 10:12

Hatred stirs up strife,
But love covers all transgressions.
1Pe 4:8

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.

If we do that too then none of you have a leg of salvation to stand on do you?
No do not throw away the old testament it is where you start to understand Him and his motives for bring us salvation AND THE NEED FOR US TO EARNESTLY SEEK HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS AS HIS CHILDREN WOULD SEEK THE APPROVAL OF THEIR FATHER. . .

Old 07-11-2018, 01:32 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,914,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Oh boys . SO some of you will be really upset when you find out at some future Feast of Taberncles that He will have sacrifices again if you like it or not.. Of course IT STATES CLEARLY THAT , some won't like it and they won't come and bring their offerings and they won't get rain either.
IT SEEMS IN THAT TIME Our faithfulness will have his blessing attached to them.. Yep kind of like now.. SEE EZEKIAL 'S TEMPLE AND
.Zec 14:18

If the family of Egypt does not go up or enter, then no rain will fall on them; it will be the plague with which the LORD smites the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths

Zec 14:19

This will be the [fn]punishment of Egypt, and the [fn]punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.
Zec 14:20

In that day there will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, “HOLY TO THE LORD.” And the cooking pots in the LORD’S house will be like the bowls before the altar.

Zec 14:21

Every cooking pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to the LORD of hosts; and all who sacrifice will come and take of them and boil in them. And there will no longer be a [fn]Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts in that day.

MIGHT I SUGGEST YOU NOT THROW AWAY THE OLD TESTAMENT.. EVERY WORD IN HIS WORD IS PROFITABLE FOR

2Ti 3:16

All Scripture is [fn]inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for [fn]training in righteousness;

AS OBVIOUSLY THOSE MEN SAYING SUCH THINGS HAVE NO CONCERN TO SEEK OR LEARN HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.
So, how much "protection" will we have to pay?

Old 07-11-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
so, how much "protection" will we have to pay?
for you or me?

Old 07-11-2018, 04:34 PM

WHY IS HONORING WHAT IS HONORABLE , LIKE RIGHTEOUSNESS, THANKFULNESS AND JUSTICE .....WHY IS IT SEEMS TO BE A FOREIGN CONCEPT TO YOU NATE?
CAN I GUESS THAT MOSTLY THOSE WHO ARE SACRIFICING ARE DOING IT TO BECOME CEREMONIALLY CLEAN IN ORDER TO ENTER INTO THE FATHER'S HOLY MOUNTAIN....
AND TO THINK NATE THAT FOR ALL ETERNITY YOU MIGHT NOT EVER WISH TO GO TO DISNEYLAND OR TO A MAGIC MOUNTIAN EITHER AS BAD AS YOU LOATH TO THINK THAT YOU COULD EVER WISH TO GO UP TO HIS PERFECT MOUNTIAN THAT HE HAS SPENT AT LEAST 6000 YEARS BUILDING. AND THE BEAUTY OF THIS WORLD DONE IN 6 DAYS...
. A PLACE WHERE WE ARE MADE FOR IT AND IT WAS MADE FOR ALL HIS WHO WISH TO BE THERE.
I ALREADY SEEN MINE PLACE AND IT IS AWESOME IT IS AN APARTMENT IN A GIANT PILLAR THAT GOES UP FOREVER.. .
TO BAD YOU FEEL NOW YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO GO VISIT IT AT LEAST..

IF NOT RIDE THE RIDES.

OH YES THERE IS RIDES FOR THE LAWFUL ! HE CALLS THEM REWARDS.. . LIKE TIME TRAVEL AND "SLIPSTREAMING" LIKE DOING A PHILLIP .. OR MAYBE CALL IT "JUMPING " OR TRNSLATING FROM PLACE TO PLACE.. I HAVE SEEN HIM AND HIS DO THAT >
IT ALSO APPEARS THERE ONE REWARD THAT MIGHT BE SHIPS ON SOME HISTORICAL SEA ( TIME TRAVEL WOULD BE A REQUIRED GIFT I SUSPECT FOR THAT RIDE OR RESERVATION ) .. " FOR WHEN THERE IS A NEW EARTH Rev 21:1

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[fn] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

AND WHEN THERE IS NO SEA " HOW WONDERFUL TO GO SAILING AGAIN? ( SEE REV ... GOSH THINGS TO WONDERFUL TO UNDERSTAND OR EVEN EXPLAIN..FOR ALL THOSE WITH TINI AND TINY BRAINS LIKE YOU AND ME .. JUST THINK ABOUT HOW HARD IT WAS FOR JOHN THE REVELATOR TO EVEN DESCRIBE ELECTRICITY 200 YEARS AGO..

JUST THINK ABOUT THIS..
I MEAN TESLA IS RUNNING THE PLACE AND HE HAS THE KEYS TO IT .. ONE MUST THINK CLEARLY AND BIGGER TO EVEN START TO UNDERSTAND WHERE HE STARTED THINKING ... THAT WAS WAY AFTER YOU LEFT OFF THINKIN....!

What did Nikola Tesla mean by his quote, “I don't care that they stole my idea; I care that they don't have any of their own”?
- Nikola Tesla

OR HOW ABOUT

“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”
- Nikola Tesla

AND HERE IS HIS CHALLENGE TO ALL MEN.....

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”

― Nikola Tesla

AND SO YOU THINK YOU NEVER WANT TO DO THAT! TO THINK SANE AND DEEPLY TOO ? HUM I CAN BELIEVE THAT
AND YOU NEVER WANT TO RIDE THE RIDES ON THE FATHER'S MAGIC MOUNTIAN HUM ?
THAT IS A CHOICE A HEART MAKES..

AND TO THINK TESLA REAL GOAL WAS REALLY TO MAKE FREE ELECTRICITY... SOMEDAY HE FOR SURE WILL DO THAT!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 07-11-2018 at 04:54 PM..

Old 07-12-2018, 07:43 AM

IN THE MEAN TIME JUST KNOW THAT LITTLE TINI TINY THINKERS WOULD HAVE BEEN MOCKING JOHN (OR any of the prophets..) LIKE YOU MOCK everyone! especially WHEN JOHN TRIED TO EXPLAIN ELECTIC LIGHTS to any of them too ... ALL THAT "GLORY" SHINING ALL AROUND ! ALL that KIND OF GLORY was given to mankind By OUR Lord himself..!!
and one day sir OUR LORD , AND HIS THE GLORY OF THE EARTH AND THE GLORY OF ALL HIS CREATION, JUST might take back what was stolen! Then what will you and your DEEP THINKIN scientist do THEN ?
BECAUSE LIKE HE SAID HE WAS WORKING TOWARD... , BECAUSE IT IS HIS FUTURE!
BECAUSE ALL THINGS STOLEN FROM HIM WILL BE RETURNED..

Old 07-12-2018, 11:32 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,709,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Exactly. It has been said, if all we had was Isaiah 53, we could share the gospel with the world.
I don't disagree that a decidedly Christian interpretation has been put into Isaiah 53--particularly 53:5. On the other hand, plenty of Jewish scholars have other views.

Quote:
Thank you for your comment. I suspect that I was overly oblique. My point was that in the case of Isa. 53:5 the issue is not textual but exegetical. Christians understand this text to refer to the piercing of the servant, that is the messiah. Jewish tradition, whether it translated “wounded” (as does the Christian new RSV), “disgraced,” or “made to tremble,” takes the servant as the collective people of Israel and does not see this verse as referring to a crucified messiah. (A few Jewish sources take the servant as the messiah but that is a decidedly minority point of view.).
Isaiah and the Greek Septuagint
----------------
Quote:
The scholarly jewish translation is “FROM our sin…”, Yet the official translation of this scroll released reads as “FOR our sins.” Below is a the copy and pasted excerpt with the translation by the academic scholar of a christian background. I would like to know your thoughts as an academic scholar and Jewish scholar on this translation verse the collective jewish translation? The reason for my asking is that this specific excerpt is used currently for christian missionary efforts and also for jewish counter missionary efforts, and I think society needs to have a more academic context of this one singled out passage that seems to “rock the boat” and give pseudo scholars intellectual arsenal to prey on the uninformed for the sake of an agenda that is not truth seeking or context seeking at heart.

Chapter 53 : Verse 5
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, and he was crushed for our iniquities, and the punishment that made us whole was upon him, and by his bruises we are healed." Translation: Professor Peter Flint (Western Trinity University, Canada) and Professor Eugene Ulrich (University of Notre Dame)
I'm not making an argument here, because I believe as you do, that after Christ this message was read back into the OT. Nothing at all wrong with that.

When it becomes less than honest is when we fail to point out exactly that point. People who have come to faith in Jesus intentionally read back into Isaiah the person whom they've met in the NOW. One who hasn't met Jesus may very well understand it in a less Christian manner.

We will never win the world by attempting to indoctrinate those who think differently from us. We do so by explaining how we have reached a different conclusion, and then demonstrating with our lives how we reached our conclusion. In other words, we look like Jesus, not a religious dictator.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:24 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I don't disagree that a decidedly Christian interpretation has been put into Isaiah 53--particularly 53:5. On the other hand, plenty of Jewish scholars have other views.

----------------
The scholarly Jewish translation is “FROM our sin…”,

Chapter 53 : Verse 5
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, and he was crushed for our iniquities, and the punishment that made us whole was upon him, and by his bruises we are healed."

When it becomes less than honest is when we fail to point out exactly that point. People who have come to faith in Jesus intentionally read back into Isaiah the person whom they've met in the NOW. One who hasn't met Jesus may very well understand it in a less Christian manner.

We will never win the world by attempting to indoctrinate those who think differently from us. We do so by explaining how we have reached a different conclusion, and then demonstrating with our lives how we reached our conclusion. In other words, we look like Jesus, not a religious dictator.
The scholarly Jewish translation is correct. Jesus was scourged and crucified from the ignorance and brutality (sins) of our ancestors and their barbaric beliefs about God.

Old 01-25-2023, 05:03 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,936,014 times
I Really Think Andy Stanley Hates The Bible...

marcionite false preacher Andy on a roll.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp1tPHo7H3Y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity