Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 05:52 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I remember when i first came to the USA, i was drinking in a bar with an older brother of mine, and having 1 or 2 too many, i told him i hated this particular person, his answer to me was, you don't, you have never ever hated anyone in your life.
Your brother was wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 06:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Your brother was wrong.
Ok. Hate is a very strong emotion, what's it like ?.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
God does have enemies--I was one of them. How did I know? Because I hated the things of God. I had no use for Jesus. I didn't like God. I know what my heart was then, and what it is now. It' crystal clear that if God had not drawn me to him I would not be a Christian now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I never felt hatred for anyone or the way you did, so I can honestly say, "I was never an enemy."
Quote:
You have never felt hatred for anyone? You must be the first person I've ever met who could make such a statement.
No, I haven't, not even God. For some reason forgiveness has always been a part of who I am. Most of the time it's an automatic response, more than likely because I never wanted to hurt anyone. However, I suppose you could say that I was an enemy of those who attempted to inflict injury upon others, when I stood against their violent temper or actions being imposed on the innocent. But they really were not my enemies. And even if I had to take their life, I didn't hate them. I saw them as someones son, brother or father and it grieved me.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
No, I haven't, not even God. For some reason forgiveness has always been a part of who I am. Most of the time it's an automatic response, more than likely because I never wanted to hurt anyone. However, I suppose you could say that I was an enemy of those who attempted to inflict injury upon others, when I stood against their violent temper or actions being imposed on the innocent. But they really were not my enemies. And even if I had to take their life, I didn't hate them. I saw them as someones son, brother or father and it grieved me.

I am generally soft hearted as well. Most of the time when I feel what I would describe as a feeling of hatred is when I see great injustice - people despising the poor and oppressed, extremely corrupt people, many of them politicians can turn my heart cold if I dwell on their greed and the fact that they would kill others for money by planning wars and steal wages from the working poor. So I can't say I have never hated because I do believe I hated such people even though they are people I've never met face to face I have even prayed for God to bring judgement upon them. If I read a story in the news about a child being raped or murdered, especially by an adult, I feel hatred in my heart toward a person who could do such a thing. I would be lying if I said I never felt hatred towards people who act wickedly and don't give a flip about how much misery they put people through.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Ok. Hate is a very strong emotion, what's it like ?.
It is like a burning, righteous indignation against injustice and evil.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:38 AM

Quote:
It is like a burning, righteous indignation against injustice and evil.
I had a feeling you was going to say that to me Rain Music.I don't believe in righteous indignation, there is nothing righteous about indignation, true righteousness does not judge by appearance. Righteousness prays the solution, not speaks out against injustice, that is like the fundy speaking out against sin rather than speaking the truth that sets you free from it. Martin Luther spoke the answer about racism...... equality. I can guarantee you this too, that behind all the protests against injustice, there are folk praying the answer rather than being owned by righteous indignation. For the prayer of a righteous person avails much.

I can be may things but i am not a hater.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:25 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
No it doesn't, deny it as much as you want, your belief in that myth, the greatest lie ever told is born out of fear, and no matter how much you get the warm fuzzies because you think you are not going there, it is rooted in fear.
You're lying again. The Scriptures, which you abhor, confirm eternal punishment for the damned. And, the Saints don't delight in their damnation.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:30 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Since the horrors of the human race perpetrated predominantly by the male species since the beginning of recorded history continue...I ask those who believe...why does your "all powerful god" stand idle as these horrors continue to grow?

Child sex trafficking epidemic

Quote:
Human trafficking is the fastest-growing organized crime activity in the United States, making almost $32 billion a year for traffickers while destroying the lives of tens of thousands of innocent children. Nearly 70 percent of these transactions now take place online.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:38 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Since the horrors of the human race perpetrated predominantly by the male species since the beginning of recorded history continue...I ask those who believe...why does your god stand idle as these horrors continue to grow?

Child sex trafficking epidemic
Perhaps in this scenario the alternative is inanimate creations.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You're lying again. The Scriptures, which you abhor, confirm eternal punishment for the damned. And, the Saints don't delight in their damnation.
You are continuing to believe a lie because you are sold out to fear and forever focused on sin, especially what you assume is sin. Try focusing on the scripture from the OP and i guarantee you, at some point you will no longer believe in the greatest lie ever told and embraced by fundamentalists.

You have to be careful about calling folk a liar on here(not that i mind you calling me one), it could get you infracted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity