Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 07:39 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Actually we DETEST the perverted interpretation being spewed by evangelicals as truth when it is nothing but FEAR and MANIPULATION of the confused who have not learned it is OK to not only question, but CHALLENGE modern day PHARISEES.
You resort to smear tactics to discredit the truth of the Scriptures. You call people who speak the truth as Pharisees because you love darkness as Jesus said.

John 3
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
[20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
[21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 03:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You resort to smear tactics to discredit the truth of the Scriptures. You call people who speak the truth as Pharisees because you love darkness as Jesus said.

John 3
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
[20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
[21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
It's a dark place when people use scriptures to condemn themselves and others.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:24 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's a dark place when people use scriptures to condemn themselves and others.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:57 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
10. For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pastures of the wilderness are dried up. And their course is evil, and their might is not right;

11. for both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith Yahweh.

12. Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery places in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein; for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith Yahweh. (Jeremiah 23)

It's time for repent and time to turn from sins
Quote:
WHOA there pilgrim...Jesus said otherwise..

John 8:11--

"Then neither do I condemn you,"Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."
How is “It’s time to repent and turn from sin” different from “Go and sin no more”?

Old 08-12-2018, 06:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How is “It’s time to repent and turn from sin” different from “Go and sin no more”?
Try understanding these sayings of Jesus without the connations of warnings and threats you are accustomed to read the scriptures by. Dare you do that ? , i thought not Jimmie. Tell us how you turned from sin and NOW live righteously, you can't because you haven't .

Old 08-12-2018, 06:26 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,636 times
Righteousness exalteth a nation; but sin is a reproach to any people.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:41 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Go and sin no more omits the words REPENT. Jesus did not say to fall prostrate before me to show your repentance nor did Jesus say confess your sin in public.

Jesus did say I DO NOT CONDEMN YOU, GO AND SIN NO MORE.

where in that event did the woman demonstrate repentance>?

Old 08-12-2018, 06:43 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

John 3
You resort to TWISTED interpretation to discredit the works of Christ and place scriptures ABOVE the Son of god.
You call people evangelicals who agree with you as did the Pharisees of old...because you love human praise more than praise from God.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Go and sin no more omits the words REPENT. Jesus did not say to fall prostrate before me to show your repentance nor did Jesus say confess your sin in public.

where in that event did the woman demonstrate repentance>?
It was prophetic anyway zhatz, basically saying " you are free to sin no more", hard to accept when you believe in condemnation.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Go and sin no more omits the words REPENT.

Jesus did not say to fall prostrate before me to show your repentance nor did Jesus say
confess your sin in public.

Where in that event did the woman demonstrate repentance?
THIS was a damn good one, my buddy....beautiful observation...makes me love Jesus more...
what a guy he was! I am effected by this clarity of insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity