Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 07:08 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Go and sin no more omits the words REPENT. Jesus did not say to fall prostrate before me to show your repentance nor did Jesus say confess your sin in public.

Jesus did say I DO NOT CONDEMN YOU, GO AND SIN NO MORE.

where in that event did the woman demonstrate repentance>?
If you read your Bible more, you wouldn’t make these mistakes.

Matthew 4:17

17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

Luke 18

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 08:12 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
zthatzmanz28 didn't make a mistake and neither did you...he was right about what he was
referring to and you were right about your verses.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:

[/b]
Sounds so spiritual to the gullible, but to those of us who refuse to be beat up by the bible, but love ALL that Jesus Christ represents by his beautiful presence within, we will not be moved by your subtle bible threats(That is what they are jimmie, deny it as much as you want)

If you followed Jesus Christ in you, you will never miis the mark. For he (not the bible) is the light unto our feet.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:41 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sounds so spiritual to the gullible, but to those of us who refuse to be beat up by the Bible, but love ALL that Jesus Christ represents by his beautiful presence within, we will not be moved by your subtle bible threats(That is what they are Jimmie, deny it as much as you want)

If you followed Jesus Christ in you, you will never miss the mark. For he (not the bible) is the light unto our feet.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

Matthew 4:17

17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

Luke 18

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
The religious man is a fundamentalist who exalts himself, whereas, the non-religious man is humble.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:21 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Yes, I am fully aware that you and so many others detest God's word, but the Truth keeps marching on.
Are you insisting that it MUST be more evil now in order to satisfy some evil spiritual cancer in your heart. If the world is more evil now then maybe we should go back to that Roman culture you must yearn for so that we can become "better" like the good old days?

YOU detest God's Word because you only know how to use it to threaten or hurt others. You shame Jesus with with your pathetic attempts at protecting "God's Word." God needs no more of people that refuse to see it is through the cross (humility, degradation, self-sacrifice, and denial of one's "rights") that one glorifies God.

Keep to your own kind of searching of the "word." The only thing you will find is a death sentence under the "LAW." Until you find Jesus, the Bible will only speak to a heart of darkness.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 08-13-2018 at 10:26 PM..

Old 08-13-2018, 09:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Are you insisting that it MUST be more evil now in order to satisfy

some evil spiritual cancer in your heart.
YOU detest God's Word because you only know how to use it to threaten or hurt others.
Gulp....things are getting a bit...um...well, I don't have the words.
Oh...entertaining?

Old 08-15-2018, 10:17 AM

709 posts, read 378,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Time is running out for repentance because people nowadays love darkness (sin). Remember the people of Noah's generation because God's forbearance eventually comes to an end.

Genesis 6
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
That's right my brother. Be strong and be holy.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:40 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
WHOA there pilgrim...Jesus said otherwise..

John 8:11--

"Then neither do I condemn you,"Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."
Based on the interactions I've seen between you and others, you haven't done that.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:32 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Are you insisting that it MUST be more evil now in order to satisfy some evil spiritual cancer in your heart. If the world is more evil now then maybe we should go back to that Roman culture you must yearn for so that we can become "better" like the good old days?

YOU detest God's Word because you only know how to use it to threaten or hurt others. You shame Jesus with with your pathetic attempts at protecting "God's Word." God needs no more of people that refuse to see it is through the cross (humility, degradation, self-sacrifice, and denial of one's "rights") that one glorifies God.

Keep to your own kind of searching of the "word." The only thing you will find is a death sentence under the "LAW." Until you find Jesus, the Bible will only speak to a heart of darkness.
Woww! So very powerful, Warden. You have a gift for preaching Christ's love for us all. Wish you trusted more in that rather than possibly worrying about some eternal judgment that is not consistent with that love. We are not all one thing or the other and that is why we will need "refining" in God's pure love, but we are all "saved as by fire."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity