Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:04 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Gab: You have answered well, but slightly short of the 5 top lessons. Can you find it within yourself to find 2 additional lessons?
No, anything else would be a duplication of what I've already mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 03:24 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Dear friends: I post on another Board. On that board is a man from the British Isles who asked me a question that made me dig into the depths of my experience in God for a response. I have made the response to him which I will post later for any that are interested. If you are not interested I will post my response regardless LOL.
How would YOU respond?

"On your Pilgrimage - what would you say are your top five lessons you've learned that you would pass on to other believers?"
1. When you possess true agape love (God's love) you cannot willfully harm anyone in any way.

2. None but Jesus possesses true agape love so we must work to overcome and endure under His grace.

3. Agape love is a "state of mind" and NOT tied to any specific so-called prohibited behaviors.

4. Agape love promotes behaviors that are contagious, enhance life, encourage reciprocity, and build community.

5. Survival and our carnal needs frequently oppose and constrain the requirements of agape love. That is why we are warned about the danger to our spiritual life by being overly concerned about saving our physical life.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:57 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
You don't even have to be a believer to do right and be a good person.

1.The most important rule is the golden rule. Treat others like you would want to be treated.

2. Be grateful for all the things you have and the people that have helped you rather than fret about what you don't have and people who have harmed you.

3. Don't be jealous.

4. Don't be greedy.

5. Never feel sorry for yourself.

6. Enjoy your life.

Quote:
Dear friends:I post on another Board. On that board is a man from the British Isles who asked me a question that made me dig into the depths of my experience in God for a response . I have made the response to him which I will post later for any that are interested. If you are not interested I will post my response regardless LOL.

How would YOU respond?

"On your Pilgrimage - what would you say are your top five lessons you've learned that you would pass on to other believers?"

Old 09-28-2018, 07:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
The power of love is that of forgiveness; donkeys don’t talk.
Love your neighbor as yourself; and do not condemn them.
Be at peace with all men; and don’t crucify the innocent.
A snake crawls on its belly; get off your knees and walk.
Help those in need, feed the hungry; and don’t be selfish.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:07 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
1. When you possess true agape love (God's love) you cannot willfully harm anyone in any way.

2. None but Jesus possesses true agape love so we must work to overcome and endure under His grace.

3. Agape love is a "state of mind" and NOT tied to any specific so-called prohibited behaviors.

4. Agape love promotes behaviors that are contagious, enhance life, encourage reciprocity, and build community.

5. Survival and our carnal needs frequently oppose and constrain the requirements of agape love. That is why we are warned about the danger to our spiritual life by being overly concerned about saving our physical life.
Dear MysticPhD:

Agape love may be more than a state of mind, but a "state of being". That state most surely begins in #1 enveloping all dimensions of one's being, consummating in being made one with our Creator and His "heart".

"Father I pray that they may be one with us..."

Old 09-29-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Dear MysticPhD:

Agape love may be more than a state of mind, but a "state of being". That state most surely begins in #1 enveloping all dimensions of one's being, consummating in being made one with our Creator and His "heart".

"Father I pray that they may be one with us..."
How do you know when you're loving agape style? When you poot do rainbows and sparkles appear as confirmation?

Old 09-29-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
How do you know when you're loving agape style?
When you consider that all life is significant and you no longer condemn others.
Instead, you search your own heart and seek out ways to benefit everyone.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When you consider that all life is significant and you no longer condemn others.
Is that not covered under the Golden Rule?

Old 09-29-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Is that not covered under the Golden Rule?
Unconditional love has no boundaries or limits.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:05 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,486 times
1. Be merciful.
2. Be truthful.
3. Glorify God.
4. Keep the ways of the Lord.
5. Believe.

Last edited by Free4you; 09-29-2018 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Can't count
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity