Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 08:29 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times

Advertisements

About 4 minutes in, he made me cry a little.

He had been taught before how he had to be to be deserving. It broke him down to have the chance to know the love of God he always wished he could.

By grace, not works.

It's funny, too, he started off trying to convert a Baptist congregation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0mckI8Xfl8

Old 12-01-2018, 10:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Why anyone would want to follow the Penal Substitution theory with the clause of Eternal damnation is beyond me.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:29 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why anyone would want to follow the Penal Substitution theory with the clause of Eternal damnation is beyond me.
Well, that's it, Jerwade, I guess you are going to hell when you pass on.
"He's got the whole world in his hands...."

Old 12-02-2018, 07:26 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post

He had been taught before how he had to be to be deserving. It broke him down to have the chance to know the love of God he always wished he could.

By grace, not works.
I've got to admit it was entertaining how little this guy understood about his former religion.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:37 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,805 times
Quote:

By grace, not works.

PURE GOLD loved every minute of it and one of the most powerful testimonies out there......God has truly blessed his mission......

Old 12-02-2018, 11:34 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
PURE GOLD loved every minute of it and one of the most powerful testimonies out there......God has truly blessed his mission......
It came across as more of an act, after six years, but fundamentalists are gullible.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:

By grace, not works.

So you are telling us that MORMON BAD, EX MORMON good?

Old 12-02-2018, 11:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
or satanic influences just took the guy away from the one true god..

Old 12-02-2018, 12:28 PM

294 posts, read 219,896 times
I am an evangelical Christian and have lived among mormons for 30 years. I have never felt the kind, caring, loving acceptance from them that is common among my Christian brothers of various other denominations. There is an easily recognized level of sanctimonious arrogance that most of them have, that is not what Christianity is about. Much like in places the muslims are the majority they are a dominating force in all that happens in everyday life and politics in Arizona and Utah. The laws are rarely enforced when they do wrong, the local media tiptoes around reporting their misdeeds if they report them at all. I have known a few that have escaped the vice grip of mormonism and it came with severe consequences for most of them. While traveling years ago it was not at all shocking when a man I barely knew was discussing them and he knew I was from Mesa but could easily tell that I was not a mormon. It was a very nice compliment that I had a spirit of openness, kindness and none of the rigid, zombielike arrogance that he could easily spot a mile away.
Many people claim to be Christians but the way you treat your fellow man [especially those different from you] is what really tells who your master really is.

Last edited by Farmer Larry; 12-02-2018 at 01:38 PM..

Old 12-02-2018, 01:53 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Larry View Post
I am an evangelical Christian and have lived among mormons for 30 years. I have never felt the kind, caring, loving acceptance from them that is common among my Christian brothers of various other denominations. There is an easily recognized level of sanctimonious arrogance that most of them have, that is not what Christianity is about. Much like in places the muslims are the majority they are a dominating force in all that happens in everyday life and politics in Arizona and Utah. The laws are rarely enforced when they do wrong, the local media tiptoes around reporting their misdeeds if they report them at all. I have known a few that have escaped the vice grip of mormonism and it came with severe consequences for most of them. While traveling years ago it was not at all shocking when a man I barely knew was discussing them and he knew I was from Mesa but could easily tell that I was not a mormon. It was a very nice compliment that I had a spirit of openness, kindness and none of the rigid, zombielike arrogance that he could easily spot a mile away.
Many people claim to be Christians but the way you treat your fellow man [especially those different from you] is what really tells who your master really is.
Hi, there, Larry! Zombie-Mormon, Katzpur, here. It's nice to hear from a "true Christian." How amazing that it was so easy to tell that you were not one of those sanctimonious, arrogant Mormons, that instead, you were just the kind, open, loving and accepting person you've shown yourself to be by this post! It just goes to show what teaching by example can do.

Last edited by Katzpur; 12-02-2018 at 02:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity