Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:40 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times

Advertisements

I have been lurking in this forum for a while and finally summed up the courage to post. My take as a Christian is this. You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I believe that repeatedly telling someone their faith is wrong, they are going to hell because they don't believe as you do will get you nowhere 98 percent of the time. I feel that if you strive to live as Christ directs, be a good person, perform acts of service and try to bless the lives of those around you, people will be more apt to ask about your motivations for your actions.

Just my two cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 10:48 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Default movingtohouston

Your 2 cents is worth a million in wisdom..In my opinion

Old 04-10-2008, 01:15 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
There are some good questions asked.
Different denominations for different personalities. I agree with the poster that stated if they said, "that they sat and had a cup of tea with Jesus that particular morning"...... well I would seek a pastor or someone you trust spiritually to help guide you to help that individual.
Some individuals, especially new converts get real zealous of their new founded faith and can seem like their really somewhere but on earth. But in its time this will pass and the maturity of their walk becomes settled.
There are those who just have a personality that is easily excited about the things of the Lord and show it outwardly. Then to say one that is more on the shy side.
Do hope you find the answer you are looking for.... Hope it is one of someone who is just excited about their walk in the Lord Jesus...

Blessings
Yes, thank you...I did get a lot of answers by very kind people. My intentions were just to make sure that someone was looking out for their bretheren that may need some added help. I certainly never thought that everyone who has felt Christs prescence was in any way ill.......just, well, I thought I saw a little cause for concern thats all, and I'm glad to hear that you guys look after each other

Old 04-10-2008, 03:34 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Yes, thank you...I did get a lot of answers by very kind people. My intentions were just to make sure that someone was looking out for their bretheren that may need some added help. I certainly never thought that everyone who has felt Christs prescence was in any way ill.......just, well, I thought I saw a little cause for concern thats all, and I'm glad to hear that you guys look after each other
Thank you for your reply. I'm thankful that you have such concern!
I'm sure you didn't think a christian was anyway unbalanced, but showing concern.
And yes, that is what the body of Christ is about. Caring and loving one another. When a brother or sister is having some difficulty physically, emotionally, or spiritually we should always reach out to that one. Regardless if we may understand or not. I should say, it should be for the christian and the non-believer. We are all precious to God. We are His hands, feet, and mouths. These are the instruments of Gods love to each other.
Blessings to you!

Old 04-10-2008, 04:41 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,341,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
I have been lurking in this forum for a while and finally summed up the courage to post. My take as a Christian is this. You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I believe that repeatedly telling someone their faith is wrong, they are going to hell because they don't believe as you do will get you nowhere 98 percent of the time. I feel that if you strive to live as Christ directs, be a good person, perform acts of service and try to bless the lives of those around you, people will be more apt to ask about your motivations for your actions.

Just my two cents.

Welcome.

And thanks for your post.

I agree with this one

Old 04-11-2008, 08:26 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Since you asked;
I don't need to know; the Holy Spirirt does all the thinking and seeing for me, I mean things that I cannot understand in my natural mind. He reveals to me supernaturally; and that is how he confirms things to me, and it always have added up in the past; so if it ain't broke I don't try to fix it. Everything in the scriptures have been tested and tried and true in my walk as a believer. So my point is that you have peace when it's the Holy Spirit leading as your shepard. If he's not then you are confused about things. and not to veer too far off topic, but if someone is mentally unbalanced then , I pray for them and release them to God.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:24 PM

756 posts, read 2,575,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post

Old 04-15-2008, 09:40 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I agree. Paul speaks to the Corinthians church in chapter 1 and calls them saints. Were they canonized?

1 Cor. 1

Paul, called as an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, to the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call upon the name of our lOrd Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours: ..."

God bless.

We are all saints, once we get saved, I totally agree with you. God declares us saints, not men. No one votes on who should be considered a saint, one of the many things I disagree with the Catholic church on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity