Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 05:43 PM

1,382 posts, read 767,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Holy Spirit is in individuals......the only "sect" that has all Spirit filled believers is the "body of Christ" you probably know nothing about.........

You kind of over look the obvious. All 38,000 sects claim to be of the "body of Christ", and "spirit filled". If they were "Spirit" filled, you would see both the power and the Spirit, neither being evident in the 38,000 sects, of course you probably feel your sect is the exception, and is just on a sabbatical from showing the Spirit or the power. Tell us when the sabbatical will be over, and where your sect can be found. The sects that are large enough to be reported on in the news, seem to be producing bad fruit. I assume the non reported sects have their fair share of rotten fruit as well. A bad tree apparently produce rotten fruit (Matthew 7:17-18).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 06:28 PM

15,863 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
You kind of over look the obvious. All 38,000 sects claim to be of the "body of Christ", and "spirit filled". If they were "Spirit" filled, you would see both the power and the Spirit, neither being evident in the 38,000 sects, of course you probably feel your sect is the exception, and is just on a sabbatical from showing the Spirit or the power. Tell us when the sabbatical will be over, and where your sect can be found. The sects that are large enough to be reported on in the news, seem to be producing bad fruit. I assume the non reported sects have their fair share of rotten fruit as well. A bad tree apparently produce rotten fruit (Matthew 7:17-18).
That's the thing isn't it? Being wrong feels exactly like being right. I think any sect that tries to tell you they (or you) are the exception is probably a good one to stay away from. My sect was like that and they loved to quote the broad road and the narrow gate to justify it. I think it's probably safe to say if your claiming to be at the narrow gate your probably on the broad road.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's the thing isn't it? Being wrong feels exactly like being right. I think any sect that tries to tell you they (or you) are the exception is probably a good one to stay away from. My sect was like that and they loved to quote the broad road and the narrow gate to justify it. I think it's probably safe to say if your claiming to be at the narrow gate your probably on the broad road.
Yep.

Too soon...

Old 02-13-2019, 09:33 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:

Old 02-13-2019, 10:02 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,828 times
Quote:
I think any sect that tries to tell you they (or you) are the exception is probably a good one to stay away from.
then you have no included everyone in this world..

Old 02-13-2019, 10:08 PM

1,146 posts, read 648,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
All those unsaved throughout the globe are SPIRITUALLY blind to what is going on. God has put in writing the broad outline of what will happen in this world, but His program cannot be seen by those who don't believe. The Word is gibberish to them also and the high IQ's that claim to have read the book from cover to cover and now understand, they are blind also. The work of God is like a computer program that runs in the background, we all have free will, and God doesn't force any of them but as the program unfolds His prophetic events unfold to the minute of where God wants everything to be. I think most believers who are getting up in years can look back over their lives and see where God allowed something to happen, without us knowing about it. I certainly can, things that I thought were just smart ops by me were certainly planted there by God.

It is in one sense a powerful thing to be able to watch God at work, and at the same time frustrating to try and tell those you love what is happening and get that blank look or the nervous laugh of unbelief. All we can do is pray and ask for the Spirits help and hope a small percentage will "get it" .........those who believe today spent some time in blindness also in times past......it's an amazing world we live in with all the glorious stuff those striving for utopia apart from God will miss unless they hear of reconciliation from those who truly believe................

God is awesome.....grace is a free gift and Jesus will meet you where you are......so get those scales off your eyes and believe...........
Your post suggests only Christians see with a clear eye the events marching along in the world around us.

I beg to differ.

THE ONLY promise the Word of God makes with regard to personal revelations is that a believer will receive certain guarantees of his or her salvation. There is certainly a degree of guidance and comfort provided to the believer by the Holy Spirit with regard to daily living and spiritual ministry, but there is NOTHING WHATSOEVER in the Bible suggesting progressive revelation to anybody.

The ideology of progressive revelation is a Muslim concept and is not condoned in the Bible. It is NOT Christian.

Many people like to imagine themselves as some sort of modern day prophet with news from the great beyond to be shared with common humans here on the earthly plane. Sometimes they rely upon interpretation of scripture and sometimes they claim a personal private revelation. Either way they suffer form delusion, which is proved out when their predications fail to materialize.

I suggest that Christians are as self-deluded as everybody else in this sad world, at least as far as predicting the future is concerned. The unsaved aren't as blind as Christians like to think they are. In fact some of them see more clearly that conceited church goers admit.

The purpose of God's work in the world today is to save sinners. It's not done with fake predictions about spiritual evacuation or expressions of exceptional superiority as we see here.

It must begin with the church awareness of its own failures and an honest and sincere effort to correct it. It begins with repentance - one of the most rare subjects to be addressed in pulpits today. Until and unless that happens the world will continue to be treated to the sad spectacle of the blind attempting to lead the blind.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 02-14-2019, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Your post suggests only Christians see with a clear eye the events marching along in the world around us.

I beg to differ.

THE ONLY promise the Word of God makes with regard to personal revelations is that a believer will receive certain guarantees of his or her salvation. There is certainly a degree of guidance and comfort provided to the believer by the Holy Spirit with regard to daily living and spiritual ministry, but there is NOTHING WHATSOEVER in the Bible suggesting progressive revelation to anybody.

The ideology of progressive revelation is a Muslim concept and is not condoned in the Bible. It is NOT Christian.

Many people like to imagine themselves as some sort of modern day prophet with news from the great beyond to be shared with common humans here on the earthly plane. Sometimes they rely upon interpretation of scripture and sometimes they claim a personal private revelation. Either way they suffer form delusion, which is proved out when their predications fail to materialize.

I suggest that Christians are as self-deluded as everybody else in this sad world, at least as far as predicting the future is concerned. The unsaved aren't as blind as Christians like to think they are. In fact some of them see more clearly that conceited church goers admit.

The purpose of God's work in the world today is to save sinners. It's not done with fake predictions about spiritual evacuation or expressions of exceptional superiority as we see here.

It must begin with the church awareness of its own failures and an honest and sincere effort to correct it. It begins with repentance - one of the most rare subjects to be addressed in pulpits today. Until and unless that happens the world will continue to be treated to the sad spectacle of the blind attempting to lead the blind.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Repentance from what? Most messianic Jews are followers of Paul. Paul has apparently "released" you "from the Law" (Romans 7:6), and serves "with my flesh the law of sin" (Romans 7:25). What are you now repenting from? Double mindedness and hypocrisy applies to both "Christians" and "Jews", but since there were no "Christians" during the time of Yeshua, the pointer was aimed at the Jewish Pharisees and scribes, whose pen has made the Law a "lie" (Jeremiah 8:8).

Old 02-14-2019, 03:41 AM

Quote:

One enters by way of a "small" "gate", they walk on a "narrow" "way". If you are part of the "Christian" congregation, followers of the false prophet Paul (Matthew 7:15), I am thinking that all inclusive, approximately 2 billion, are on the "broad" "way" to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13). They can "come out of her" (Revelation 18:4), or continue on in receiving of her "plagues".

Old 02-14-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
then you have no included everyone in this world..

It would include "those who dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13:14). The exception being those who are found in the "book of life" "written from the foundation of the world" (Revelation 13:8).

Old 02-14-2019, 05:57 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
It would include "those who dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13:14). The exception being those who are found in the "book of life" "written from the foundation of the world" (Revelation 13:8).
yes it should have said
"you have now included everyone in this world"

but everyone is a sect of something AND NOT A SINGLE ONE OF HUMANITY are NOT shoveling SOMETHING onto someone else. IT IS THE NATURE OF THE CREATURE..

Hopefully we find it is HIM and it is fuel in the wheelbarrow and coals in the shovel TO PURIFY HIS KIDS... ..because it does mention here a possibility He Left open for some reason I don't think I want to know ALL THE REASONS WHY . BUT HERE

https://www.epm.org/resources/2014/M...ved-book-life/

AS SHE MENTIONS IN THE LAST PARAGRAPH... MAYBE ALL NAMES STARTED OFF IN HIS BOOK OF LIFE AND THEN GET ERASED. THAT IS VERY SAD HUM? BUT CONSISTENT WITH HIS MERCY AND GRACE FOR HIS CREATION. MAYBE HE ASSUMED/HOPES.. ( LOVE HOPES ALL GOOD THINGS ) SALVATION FOR ALL.. . MAYBE THE BOOK OF HOPE OR THE BOOK FOR DREAMERS...IS A BETTER NAME FOR IT.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-14-2019 at 06:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity