Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 10:24 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,291 times

Advertisements

God has used many sinners to accomplish His good work. Noah resisted the Lord’s will. Moses commited murder. David was an adulterer. However, the Lord never uses one who mocks Him and His authority. So, does God view scoffers much worse than lying, thieving, murdering adulterers? Very possible.

Do not put your trust or belief in those who behave in this manner. To be considered worse than a murderer is something to be fearful about. For these trangressions, great repentence is required.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 10:32 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
God has used many sinners to accomplish His good work. Noah resisted the Lord’s will. Moses commited murder. David was an adulterer. However, the Lord never uses one who mocks Him and His authority. So, does God view scoffers much worse than lying, thieving, murdering adulterers? Very possible.

Do not put your trust or belief in those who behave in this manner. To be considered worse than a murderer is something to be fearful about. For these trangressions, great repentence is required.
The scoffers are non-believers, so how can they blaspheme?

Old 09-26-2018, 10:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

I would like to see you call Moses, Noah and David to their faces. What i see is bibleans scoffing at the presentation of Jesus being the exact representation of ALL that God IS.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:09 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
The scoffers are non-believers, so how can they blaspheme?
Definition of Blasphemy
1a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God

No belief required. They have access to the Lord’s Word and decided against it. They are without excuse.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Definition of Blasphemy

No belief required. They have access to the Lord’s Word and decided against it.

They are without excuse.
Your doctrine of eternal damnation is a fallacy, yet you continually try to justify it.
Kind of smacks God right in the face with such a contemptible blasphemy.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:34 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
My opinion means nothing, this I know.
However, when someone tries to get me or another believer in God and
His Love to not believe in God....that hits me as not a very good thing.
Don't ask me why...I have no basis...just seems so 'against' God....like
taking one of his wives or children. (Bigger than simply insulting God.)

Old 09-26-2018, 12:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
If blasphemy gets the biblical godling's panties in the biggest possible twist, it's just further proof of its narcissism and insecurity.

"Don't call me a poopie-head or I'll toast you for eternity! I mean it! You'll be really, really sorry! And not only that but I'm gonna hold my breath til I turn blue!"

Yeah, I'd worship that....

Old 09-26-2018, 01:29 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
I thought "all sins are equal"?

Old 09-26-2018, 05:07 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Definition of Blasphemy

No belief required. They have access to the Lord’s Word and decided against it. They are without excuse.
There's a difference between a blasphemer and an infidel.
In order to blaspheme, according to some Christians, you must KNOW for yourself God is real and then purposely speak against His Holy Spirit. His name. And I think it's also been proposed for when one knows better and purposely leads another astray from His Word.
The O.T God that made this decree has a name. God is a title.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:27 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:

as has been discussed to Ad nauseam...what is blasphemy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity