Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2019, 12:39 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,354,030 times

Advertisements

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." -Mark Twain-

"Whatever possession we gain by our sword cannot be sure or lasting, but the love gained by kindness and moderation is certain and durable." -Alexander the Great-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 12:22 PM

"Kindness is realizing we are all into this together." R. A. Ktiwist-

"Don't judge a day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you have planted." -Robt. Louis Stephenson

Kindness is free, let's pass it on.

To remember I exist in this very moment by the grace of countless acts of kindness, tells me one thing.

To remember how my mother helped me up into her lap so I could watch her write a letter and ask what those squiggles were that she was making with her pen, tells me one thing.

To remember my father handing me the paintbrush he was using and saying, “You try,” tells me one thing.

To remember the neighbor woman rushing out of her house to hold a towel to my bleeding head after I fell from my bike, tells me one thing.

Last edited by Birdy_56; 12-14-2019 at 12:32 PM..

Old 12-17-2019, 08:15 AM

"To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue, these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestnesss, and kindness." -Confucious

"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." -Tennessee Williams

Old 12-18-2019, 10:36 AM

“Imagine you are walking in the woods and you see a small dog sitting by a tree. As you approach it, it suddenly lunges at you, teeth bared. You are frightened and angry. But then you notice that one of its legs is caught in a trap. Immediately your mood shifts from anger to concern: You see that the dog’s aggression is coming from a place of vulnerability and pain. This applies to all of us. When we behave in hurtful ways, it is because we are caught in some kind of trap. The more we look through the eyes of wisdom at ourselves and one another, the more we cultivate a compassionate heart.”-- Tara Brach

Old 12-18-2019, 12:09 PM

Kindness is free, let's pass it on.

Old 12-19-2019, 11:24 AM

"When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world." -Harold Koshner-

"Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them for a lifetime." -Dale Carnegie-

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." -Mother Teresa-

Old 12-19-2019, 03:42 PM

"Be kind one to another."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBby...ature=emb_logo

Old 12-22-2019, 08:18 PM

3,220 posts, read 929,962 times
“Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life justice and glory.” Proverbs 21:21

Old 12-28-2019, 08:47 AM

“This Christmas mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love, and then speak it again.” - Howard W. Hunter

Old 12-29-2019, 05:50 AM

"So, let us reflect what is truly of value in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities on the basis of that. The purpose of our life needs to be positive. We weren’t born with the purpose of causing trouble, harming others. For our life to be of value, I think we must develop basic good human qualities—warmth, kindness, compassion. Then our life becomes meaningful and more peaceful—happier.” -Dalai Lama -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity