Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 09:25 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
During this pandemic, I'm struck by the number of absolutely crazy conspiracy theories that have emerged from my fellow Christians. The Plandemic video, is a good example. The assertions by the woman in that interview are not only easily refuted, but the scientific and medical points she makes are actually the opposite of fact.

I have a friend who has his Ph.D. in microbiology. He is a professor at a distinguished medical school. He literally works with viruses every day. So when that Plandemic video hit, I sent him the link and asked his opinion. He not only watched it, but gave me a point by point refutation of everything the woman said in scientific terms.

In short, it's wild-eyed garbage being inflicted on us at a time when reason and sanity are needed both. Yet the people who are uncritically sharing it are among my most devout friends, almost all fundamentalists. And when you tell them in specific terms why it's wrong, they double down.

If the Christian's aim is to seek the truth, why are we so prone to believe nonsense such as this. This column is the best thing I've read on the subject.

https://instrumentofmercy.com/2020/0...racy-theories/
Moderator cut: Politics

Nobody is seriously calling the nation to prayer.

Certainly there are individual leaders who refer to the need for prayer, but there is in fact no serious effort to bend the national knee in petition unto God.

Neither is there adequate education concerning prayers that may be heard by God. Most are not. (John 9:31)

Prayers heard by God must be preceded by confession and repentance, else they will not be heard. (1 John 1:9)

Finally, nobody is calling the global infection a PLAGUE.

The descriptive word calls to mind divine judgment and the need to repent of SIN and wickedness in order to have it lifted. Any reference to divine judgment upon the world is considered laughable, yet if scripture is to be believed such a thing is not only possible but required by a Holy God.

Which is it? News media hype and political spin or the application of known Biblical truth?

-------------from the X-FILES------------------
prisoner speaking to cancer man, "What do you give them?"

cancer man, "We give them happiness and they give us authority."

prisoner, "Authority to take away their freedom in the guise of democracy."

cancer man, "Men can never be free because they're weak, corrupt, worthless and restless.
The people believe in authority. They've grown tired of waiting for miracles and mystery.
Science is their religion. No greater explanation exists for them."
---------------------------------------------------

In this day and age one thing is clear.

Nobody wants the truth.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 05-13-2020 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: This is not the politics forum.

Old 05-13-2020, 10:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,405,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
If the Christian's aim is to seek the truth,
why are we so prone to believe nonsense such as this.
Well, right there is an incorrect idea - Are Christian's even seeking the the truth?
Is that really their 'aim'?
They think they have it - end of seeking anything - is what I have seen. No?

Anything that distracts you from God Himself is the mind/ego's way to make sure you are pointed in
the other direction.
These theories are candy for the ego. Christian's are the easiest people to trick, I have found.
(Ask the proverbial 'devil, lol).
Why...because they have a hard time staying on course.
Why, again? Because their 'course' is not based on solid direct exp...it's based on hopes and
words and promises and stories of old they don't quite understand
and the lift of inspiration they
feel on Sunday in their chest that disappears like sand in your hand in an hour.
But, conspiracy theories can last all day and all week entertaining the mind...cuz they're like candy.
Clever, ingenious tricks in the 'devil's' toolbox for Man.

My take.

Old 05-13-2020, 02:31 PM

63,854 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
What do you think sir? What does the Bible really teach? Does it teach that Jehovah is God? Does it teach that all His people are His witnesses? Does it teach that one day only His people will inherit the earth? There you have it Dude.
This is self-important, self-righteous, nonsense. There is no such thing as ONLY God's people. We are ALL God's people.

Old 05-13-2020, 02:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is self-important, self-righteous, nonsense. There is no such thing as ONLY God's people. We are ALL God's people.
The Spirit of life dwells within all living things, inclusive of people.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:06 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Except for Jews, we're special and at the top of the list...

Old 05-13-2020, 06:07 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,713,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Lol

Old 05-13-2020, 06:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Is that with, or without a haircut and a beard trim?

Old 05-13-2020, 06:37 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is that with, or without a haircut and a beard trim?
Lol!

Old 05-14-2020, 06:09 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,009,484 times
Default Witnessing

Quote:
What, exactly, are you witnessing to?...
Our message is: (Matthew 28:19, 20) . . .Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.. . .

Old 05-14-2020, 08:29 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Our message is: (Matthew 28:19, 20) . . .Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.. . .
That's one of the approximately 2,437 dumb things to be found in the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.