Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 08:54 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,135,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
Christ can not die. Jesus physically died.
Yes. Jesus has a divine and a human nature. So yes, he died. He has never ceased to be God, but his humanity allowed him to be a sacrifice.
Quote:

Paul said Agape fulfills the Law because the purpose of the Law giving was changing Cain consciousness into higher types.
Paul never really said that, but it's a non-issue because you told me you had not loved perfectly. So you have failed at this, and you need a savior just like everyone else.
Quote:
We are in constant adjustments of our consciousness., as God designed it to happen. Christ Jesus stated in Matt. 5:20 consciousness change required.
Matthew 5:20 states nothing of the sort.

"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

It says that if your righteousness is based on the Law, as the Pharisees and teachers of the law, then you will not enter the kingdom. You were the one that told me love fulfills the Law, then you went on to tell me you hadn't loved at times, so you did not obey it.

By your own statement, you have not fulfilled the requirements to enter Heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 09:00 AM

263 posts, read 94,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Yes sir that is true in many cases, so each of us make a choice; which God will we serve? If one places a human above Jehovah, can he expect Jehovah to accept what he does offer Him?
People do this all the time. Our Heavenly father has people writing books so people go to those books more than Jehovahs book, the truth. The Bible.

They re-write Gods Bible playing god then ask if others want to be part of a bible study using these man made books. Then these unbelievers, who focus on calling God by his first name instead of FATHER, are taught not to listen or learn, not to watch anything as their GOD is their denomination. They don't identify as Christians (which is good) nor really identify Jehovah as their Father avoiding the intimate nature of the name FATHER

It is themselves and their sorority group. They cannot learn so even if it was a bible study, they feel a need to play GOD to be above the other not learning from each other. Iron Sharpens IRON however these types only want to play god, to be in control of the study and answer questions. Never open to growing or learning anything. The books they spout indoctrinate them, they are their GOD. GOD of the bible always plays second and third fiddle.

Man decides he wants to be his own God. Saved by his own works despite GOD saying 4x faith and salvation is not of yourself. A gift.
Man wants to boast about how many people he's been discussing a different heavenly father with to unbelievers. Unbelievers trying to show unbelievers the truth never works. They fall in a ditch

Then check it off, their own works themselves, with their Cronies in a building they play church in
Making themselves acceptable to their own personal God, themselves.
Hardly anyone deems scripture as the truth.

If they did, there would be no other book substitute for a bible .....during a bible study.

They read other propaganda instead, often even more to deliberately indoctrinate themselves into being their own GOD.
Satan makes promises to these kinds, just as Satan made to Jesus. I give you all of this if you will just bow down and worship me. So these unbelievers try to "get all of this" that Satan offers them.

Except all they get is the hellfire they refuse to believe in.

These people are not even grasping the 4, total of 4.... disclaimers of the simple gospel of salvation.
That it is not of works, or of yourselves ,but a gift. SO YE DO NOT BOAST.
This is because the focus is on them, mere man, and how his works can save himself, NOT on the gospel itself.

The Gospel completes with every good work, a discerner of hearts of men, sharper than a two edged sword, used for reproof and correction. The Gospel is offensive to unbelieving people so only referring to it peridoically while reading off man's gospel to pass off as some kind of substitute bible study...well the how hot is hell thread, or degrees in hell thread, is there for a reason.

Last edited by Naomii; 06-17-2020 at 09:15 AM..

Old 06-17-2020, 09:14 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,341,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Yet the Bible says otherwise: (Malachi 3:6) . . .“For I am Jehovah; I do not change. . .
Big whoop. The bible got a lot of things wrong. Including its depiction of a god-thing.

Old 06-17-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Big whoop. The bible got a lot of things wrong. Including its depiction of a god-thing.
Feeling bored?

Old 06-17-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Feeling bored?
Kinda. It's nudging 90F. Too hot to go fishing. So, I'll just wait for some fundie to say something that requires reproof and correction.

It's only a matter of time, after all. And I'm retired.

Old 06-17-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Kinda. It's nudging 90F. Too hot to go fishing. So, I'll just wait for some fundie to say something that requires reproof and correction.

It's only a matter of time, after all. And I'm retired.
ah...too hot to go fishing, so you're doing another kind, huh? Nothing to add that's actually constructive? Just here to harass?

Old 06-17-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
ah...too hot to go fishing, so you're doing another kind, huh? Nothing to add that's actually constructive? Just here to harass?
Tsk, tsk. Still have difficulty parsing language eh.

I'm here to reprove and correct people who pose a danger to mankind - specifically religious fundamentalists.

You are eminently qualified.

Old 06-17-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Tsk, tsk. Still have difficulty parsing language eh.

I'm here to reprove and correct people who pose a danger to mankind - specifically religious fundamentalists.

You are eminently qualified.
oh, Right.

Old 06-17-2020, 09:59 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,197,915 times
Quote:
Yes. Jesus has a divine and a human nature. So yes, he died. He has never ceased to be God, but his humanity allowed him to be a sacrifice.

Paul never really said that, but it's a non-issue because you told me you had not loved perfectly. So you have failed at this, and you need a savior just like everyone else.

Matthew 5:20 states nothing of the sort.

"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

It says that if your righteousness is based on the Law, as the Pharisees and teachers of the law, then you will not enter the kingdom. You were the one that told me love fulfills the Law, then you went on to tell me you hadn't loved at times, so you did not obey it.

By your own statement, you have not fulfilled the requirements to enter Heaven.
righteousness = consciousness, Read on Matthew: The Book say 'do not kill' I say to you 'do not even be angry' .

Old 06-17-2020, 10:04 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,504,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
A dictator doesn't demand devotion. A dictator demands allegiance, or at least the pretense of allegiance.
Do a word study as some common synonyms of allegiance are devotion, fealty, fidelity, loyalty, and piety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity