Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2020, 11:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,401,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Well, yes. Certainly it is capable of doing just that. Satan and other inhabitants of the spirit realm who are hostile toward God and man have many ways of deceiving the human race. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the ancient astronaut theory has its roots in Satanic deception.

Don't get me wrong though. I do believe that life, even intelligent life may certainly exist elsewhere in the universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I think a lot of the UFO phenomenon is also a part of the deception.
Aliens, demons or the devil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 03:44 AM

9,695 posts, read 10,040,259 times
For most If people engage in these lies then they usually fall away from going to church and stay lost to God, some others will forsake believing the nonsense and follow Jesus ... Seen one man wearing an alien face t shirt and was getting water baptized, and he never came back to church again.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:45 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,011,375 times
Quote:
Has anyone else been affected by the Ancient Astronaut theories?

I first learned about Ancient Astronaut theories back in the early 1990's when I first logged onto the internet. That brush with "arcane" phenomena really had a profound impact on me, and it sort of led me into "volunteer" church attendance at a young age. Mainly due to fear.

But it wasn't enough to make me a devout Christian, because I was led away from the church years later. However, that time in the church amidst so many devout believers for many years eventually did have a profound impact on my recent faith. And I saw the true spirit of God that I have never encountered elsewhere.

It's interesting that Steven Bancarz (former New Age, turned Christian) was led away from the church by similar theories, before becoming a Christian shortly afterwards. So I'm wondering if these New Age, occult, UFO phenomena has been a part of anyone else's testimony.

The simple truth Ozzy is that God either exists or He doesn't. The Bible is quite an amazing book sir, fulfilled prophecy does it for me. Joshua said thousands of years ago: (Joshua 23:14) . . .I am about to die, and you well know with all your heart and with all your soul that not one word out of all the good promises that Jehovah your God has spoken to you has failed. They have all come true for you. Not one word of them has failed.

We have so much more fulfilled prophecy that he had. According to Bible prophecy we are very near the end, so now is the time to Keep on the Watch sir, not to backslide. What are you out if there is no God? Living Jehovah's way is best don't you think? If He doesn't exist, then obviously you won't live everlastingly, but you will have lived a very fulfilling peaceful life, without harming others. It should all be answered soon sir.

Old 11-28-2020, 12:35 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,182,188 times
Quote:
Has anyone else been affected by the Ancient Astronaut theories?

I first learned about Ancient Astronaut theories back in the early 1990's when I first logged onto the internet. That brush with "arcane" phenomena really had a profound impact on me, and it sort of led me into "volunteer" church attendance at a young age. Mainly due to fear.

But it wasn't enough to make me a devout Christian, because I was led away from the church years later. However, that time in the church amidst so many devout believers for many years eventually did have a profound impact on my recent faith. And I saw the true spirit of God that I have never encountered elsewhere.

It's interesting that Steven Bancarz (former New Age, turned Christian) was led away from the church by similar theories, before becoming a Christian shortly afterwards. So I'm wondering if these New Age, occult, UFO phenomena has been a part of anyone else's testimony.
It assisted my Gnostic conversion.

Old 11-28-2020, 01:06 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,337,280 times
Quote:
Of course. I just think it's a theory which I believe has been designed to draw people away from the truth.
I'd guess that this "theory" is much like all other unsupported ones are a few people trying to prove to others they pocess some secret knowledge and has little if any to do with religion or Christainity at all. I've read about ancient aliens in the 60s and ancient Old World people in the New World (Barry Fell wrote about 4 books on the subject) in the 80s but never gathered those ideas had anything to do with leading readers away from what you refer to as The Truth.

Old 11-28-2020, 02:32 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,888,273 times
Immanuel Velikovsky is another writer, although much earlier, who is also sometimes associated with these theories.

Old 11-28-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I'd guess that this "theory" is much like all other unsupported ones are a few people trying to prove to others they pocess some secret knowledge and has little if any to do with religion or Christainity at all. I've read about ancient aliens in the 60s and ancient Old World people in the New World (Barry Fell wrote about 4 books on the subject) in the 80s but never gathered those ideas had anything to do with leading readers away from what you refer to as The Truth.
Yes. It tries to explain all of the unusual or supernatural events in the Bible through UFO phenomenon. But at the same time, it completely ignores any spirituality or wisdom. That was probably the thing that really freaked me out about it when I was younger.

Old 11-28-2020, 03:10 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,856,276 times
Wherever a reliable, consistently accurate 'Truth Standard' does not exist, truth itself becomes something else. If, one rejects the Bible as God's reliable, consistently accurate 'Truth Standard,' then any opinion or rationale will do.

God's Word clearly and succinctly reveals God's creation and population of the world and His timeless reign as sovereign King and Lord. Anyone who clings to another truth and rejects this one, is trusting in human logic, reason and rationale, rather than God's Truth.

This world is the place where all people WILL make a decision to believe and trust God and His written truth (Scripture/the Bible) and Rely on God's grace revealed in His Son and living Word Jesus Christ. That is a narrow path, but, all others lead to destruction.

Old 11-28-2020, 04:01 PM

63,908 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Wherever a reliable, consistently accurate 'Truth Standard' does not exist, truth itself becomes something else. If, one rejects the Bible as God's reliable, consistently accurate 'Truth Standard,' then any opinion or rationale will do.
Once you place your trust in the fallible and flawed interpretations of our ignorant ancient ancestors AS IF they are the infallible and inerrant word of God, you are trapped in contradictions and inconsistencies that are not reconcilable. The Bible is no standard at all. The revelations, descriptions, and unambiguous demonstration of God's true nature by Jesus is the ONLY standard by which all claims about God must be tested. Jesus is THE Word of God, NOT the Bible.

Old 11-28-2020, 04:17 PM

Once again, another thread in this forum has come to an end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity