Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 04:54 PM

11,977 posts, read 3,803,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Once again, another thread in this forum has come to an end.
Discussion forum....for different ideas (not just your ideas)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 06:24 PM

11,977 posts, read 3,803,467 times
It seems to me that there are all sorts of different phenomena, and I personally think it more likely the ancient astronaut is probably linked more to an ancient foreseeing Things from scattered points in time including our own, rather than beings coming from another galaxy/universe/solar system of other intelligent life totally unrelated to us .... that is the raw material that has been signified and put into writings to be kept in various cultures

That is the basis of the Scriptures

Prophets/seers foresee and scribes record what is seen/perceived, and the priests ritualise it until the time that it is to be revealed - all from different cultures

The revelations is/are done by the same type of person who originally foresaw - a mystic/seer/sensitive who is not necessarily religious in the traditional sense

Last edited by Meerkat2; 11-28-2020 at 06:34 PM..

Old 11-28-2020, 11:19 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,359,778 times
Quote:
Yes. It tries to explain all of the unusual or supernatural events in the Bible through UFO phenomenon. But at the same time, it completely ignores any spirituality or wisdom. That was probably the thing that really freaked me out about it when I was younger.
OK I see where you are coming from. Most of what I read had covered lots of things that I don't think we're in the Bible as well.

Old 11-29-2020, 05:36 AM

1,774 posts, read 777,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
There's no validity to the ancient astronaut theory. Old Testament scholar speaks to that on the video below.

Michael Heiser - Ancient Aliens Debunked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5dER45rkGk

I never got caught up in New Age beliefs or occult activities though it's good to study them for the sake of knowing about them.

You might be interested in the book by Steven Bancarz and Josh Peck titled The Second Coming of the New Age if you haven't already read it.
Here is more material that supports what you are saying.

https://www.ancientaliensdebunked.com/

Old 11-29-2020, 06:50 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,191,131 times
Quote:
Has anyone else been affected by the Ancient Astronaut theories?

I first learned about Ancient Astronaut theories back in the early 1990's when I first logged onto the internet. That brush with "arcane" phenomena really had a profound impact on me, and it sort of led me into "volunteer" church attendance at a young age. Mainly due to fear.

But it wasn't enough to make me a devout Christian, because I was led away from the church years later. However, that time in the church amidst so many devout believers for many years eventually did have a profound impact on my recent faith. And I saw the true spirit of God that I have never encountered elsewhere.

It's interesting that Steven Bancarz (former New Age, turned Christian) was led away from the church by similar theories, before becoming a Christian shortly afterwards. So I'm wondering if these New Age, occult, UFO phenomena has been a part of anyone else's testimony.
You should check and see if you have been deceived......

Old 11-29-2020, 09:27 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,488,286 times
The effects of Ancient Astronaut theories on believers... if found to be true, it will change the face of religion as you now know it.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,727,216 times
Quote:
I think a lot of the UFO phenomenon is also a part of the deception.
IDK about that...consider that majority of people out there DO NOT believe all that UFO stuff, mainstream science doesnt even acknowledge it...they laugh at it instead! When news anchors read a 'UFO story' on air, its done jokingly, (usually with X files music playing) LOL

If this was truly a deception by Satan/ demons...they havent done a good job of deceiving many people!

Old 11-29-2020, 05:02 PM

10,522 posts, read 7,133,918 times
Well there are the Nephilim in Genesis.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:14 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,374,292 times
Quote:

I first learned about Ancient Astronaut theories back in the early 1990's when I first logged onto the internet. That brush with "arcane" phenomena really had a profound impact on me, and it sort of led me into "volunteer" church attendance at a young age. Mainly due to fear.

But it wasn't enough to make me a devout Christian, because I was led away from the church years later. However, that time in the church amidst so many devout believers for many years eventually did have a profound impact on my recent faith. And I saw the true spirit of God that I have never encountered elsewhere.

It's interesting that Steven Bancarz (former New Age, turned Christian) was led away from the church by similar theories, before becoming a Christian shortly afterwards. So I'm wondering if these New Age, occult, UFO phenomena has been a part of anyone else's testimony.
Let's just say something happens that proves intelligent life from outside this planet exists. Does anyone really think people would just quit their jobs, lose their faith in God, some jump off of bridges? After a day or two it would sink in and people would realize they still have bills to pay, life as normal.

I believe the universe is teeming with intelligent life and it is also possible to travel from point A to point B in a non-linear fashion by bending space and time. Take a sheet of paper with points A and B on opposite ends of the sheet..rather than draw a line from A to B, you fold the piece of paper and bring point A to B.

With that being said, in my mind at least and from personal observation, the question is not if they are here or not but who are they and why?

Old 12-01-2020, 07:39 AM

10,522 posts, read 7,133,918 times
Quote:

A couple of thoughts on that subject.

1) If one's faith is weakened by the notion of life elsewhere, then that's a faith with shallow roots. Given the unbelievable magnitude of the universe God created, why wouldn't there be life elsewhere?

2) As a corollary to that, it is hubris to put limitations on God's creation, thinking that His work is confined to our pale blue dot. Maybe egotism. Either way, it's not the Christian quality of humility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity