Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 11:54 AM

11,140 posts, read 7,205,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Religionists are immune to logic.
Yes, gotta agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 12:07 PM

33,331 posts, read 26,530,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Just because he said or indicated that, doesn't make it true. And with the bizarreness of the content of Revelation, that even more calls into question his sanity. But if you want to abandon the straightforward rational speaking of Christ for that...
Following that argument you have no reason to think that anything that the biblical writers wrote, including what they reported Jesus as saying is true.

As I said, Revelation is based on Old Testament passages, and Jesus himself (you claim to believe Jesus) referred to the Tribulation in Matthew chapters 24 and 25.

Old 12-04-2020, 03:07 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,040,259 times
The Battle of Armageddon is a battle of ALL the Nations of the world will stand up to the nation were the mountain of Megiddo south of Jerusalem.......... And God will nuke or destroy all the armies in the battle ..... Like American will have troops in the battlefield who will be destroyed ..... This is not the war with antichrist which will come at the end of this dispensation, but Armageddon will be a warning sign to the world from God

Old 12-04-2020, 06:34 PM

3,061 posts, read 918,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Battle of Armageddon is a battle of ALL the Nations of the world will stand up to the nation were the mountain of Megiddo south of Jerusalem.......... And God will nuke or destroy all the armies in the battle ..... Like American will have troops in the battlefield who will be destroyed ..... This is not the war with antichrist which will come at the end of this dispensation, but Armageddon will be a warning sign to the world from God
The Battle of Armageddon is the war to end all wars, and Armageddon is mentioned only once in the scriptures, and is found in Revelation 16: 16.

It is after the Lord has gathered around Jerusalem, all the surrounding nations who would drive his chosen people into the sea, that the battle will begin, when the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past, as revealed in Isaiah 63; 1; where it is written; “ “Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?” “It is the LORD, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory.”

2“Why is his clothing so red, like that of someone who tramples grapes to make wine?”

3 The LORD answers, “I have trampled the nations like grapes, and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I decided that the time to save my people had come; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them. I poured out their lifeblood on the ground.”

This is the great tribulation that the world must endure, which, if not for the intervention of the Lord, no flesh would survive. And it is after the great war to end all wars, as revealed in Revelation 20: 4-6; that those of the first resurrection, will take the thrones that have been prepared for them, and rule with Christ for the thousand years Sabbath, of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow of this coming reality.

Sometime after the thousand years Sabbath is finished, heavenly fire will incinerate all physical life forms on this planet as revealed by the prophet Zephaniah.

Then comes the great day of judgement, after the oceans of the earth have been evaporated, to be seen no more, (See Revelation 21: 1.) that the spirits of all who have died, will stand before the judgement seat of the Lord, and our Lord God and savior, ‘The Son of Man,’ shall divide his sheep from the goats as seen in Matthew 25: 31; where it is said by Jesus; "The Son of Man will say to the sheep on his right; “Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world." (The kingdom of God which flesh and blood cannot inherit.)

Then, in verse 41, he will say to the goats on his left; “Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels!”

Or as has been revealed by John in Revelation 21: 5-8; Then the one who sits on the throne said, “And now I make all things new!” He also said to me, “Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted.” And he said, “It is done! I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. To anyone who is thirsty I will give the right to drink from the spring of the water of life without paying for it. Those who win the victory will receive this from me: I will be their God, and they will be my children. But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars — the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

Old 12-04-2020, 08:05 PM

10,058 posts, read 4,986,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Following that argument you have no reason to think that anything that the biblical writers wrote, including what they reported Jesus as saying is true.
As I said, Revelation is based on Old Testament passages, and Jesus himself (you claim to believe Jesus) referred to the Tribulation in Matthew chapters 24 and 25.
I find at Matthew 24 the 'tribulation ' is about both a 'minor' and a MAJOR tribulation.
The 'minor' tribulation came in the year 70 when the Roman armies destroyed un-faithful Jerusalem.
That tribulation does Not fit the description as found at Matthew 24:21 but was a limited fulfillment.
The MAJOR tribulation is the great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9.
Revelation was written after the year 70, so Revelation (1:10) is set for our day or time frame and Not the 1st century.

Old 12-04-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I find at Psalm 46:9 that God will bring an end to war from one end of the earth to the other end.
Armageddon is thus the 'war to end all wars'.
No nuking, but the executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16

Old 12-04-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Since Jesus never said anything about armageddon,......................................
Jesus does inform us about a Great Tribulation both at Matthew 24:21 and at Revelation 7:14.
The coming great tribulation is at the time of Rev. 7:14,9 and will climax in the final war of Armageddon.
God will cause wars to cease from one end of the Earth to the other end - Psalm 46:9

Old 12-04-2020, 08:22 PM

63,927 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Religionists are immune to logic.
That is why they can accept totally contradictory things in the Bible as equally true.

Old 12-04-2020, 08:25 PM

3,220 posts, read 928,895 times
There is a battle raging now.

Join me and you will live.

Old 12-04-2020, 08:32 PM

3,061 posts, read 918,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find at Psalm 46:9 that God will bring an end to war from one end of the earth to the other end.
Armageddon is thus the 'war to end all wars'.
No nuking, but the executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16
No nuking you say: Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity