Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2022, 10:24 PM

4,085 posts, read 899,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Jesus Truth

False, Jesus death was always in the mind and purpose of God, and its benefits covered Gods elect before as well as after the Cross.
The plan for salvation through Jesus was always made before God created anything, but no one is saved through Jesus and reconciled to God before Jesus came and died for us.

Quote:
He was slain in Gods purpose from the foundation of the world Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

G

False, God doesnt impute sin to anyone whom He imputed their sins to Christ on. That would be double jeopardy. It has nothing to do with confessing sin, thats mans doing !

You mean the world of His elect ? I just showed you Rom 8:33[/quote]

We have to repent of our sins to have our sins forgiven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 10:05 AM

4,687 posts, read 1,244,728 times
Why Preach Faith and Repentance ?

Paul said Acts 20:21

21Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

The word testifying here is the greek word diamartyromai and means:
to testify

a) earnestly, religiously to charge

2) to attest, testify to, solemnly affirm

a) to give solemn testimony to one

b) to confirm a thing by testimony, to testify, cause it to be believed

Notice, it means cause it to be believed !

Remember Paul said to the Thessalonians 2 Thess 1:10

When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Was believed is Passive voice, so was caused to believe !

Also, 1 Cor 1:6

Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

The Testimony of the Gospel is what was confirmed in them !

The Testimony of the Gospel is made sure in all for whom Christ died, they will be caused to believe it ! That is also what Paul means here 1 Tim 2:6

6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

All for whom Christ was a ransomed for, shall have the Testimony of it confirmed in them by the Gospel, the Gospel of their Salvation Eph 1:13

Consequently, this turns them from their idols, to belief in the Truth. 1 Thess 1:4-9

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

7 So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.

8 For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing.

9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

Note vs 6 How they received the word with Joy of the Holy Ghost ! That proves they had been born of the Spirit in order to receive the word with Joy of the Holy Ghost, Two of His Fruits were made evident, Faith and Joy Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

lets add longsuffering as well, since Paul said they received it [the word] with much affliction !

The Apostle's Preached Faith and Repentance as commandments to every Born Again sinner to make evident their Sonship, their calling and Election, which they had a right to because they had been born of God Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 12

Old 09-04-2022, 10:48 AM

4,687 posts, read 1,244,728 times
jesus truth

Quote:
The plan for salvation through Jesus was always made before God created anything, but no one is saved through Jesus and reconciled to God before Jesus came and died for us.
False. All the OT Believers were saved by the blood of Christ before He actually died in time on the cross.

Quote:
We have to repent of our sins to have our sins forgiven.
False thats works salvation condemned in scripture.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:50 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,185,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Just wondering if we all agree on what the Gospel is according to the Word of God.

1 Cor. 15:1-4

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

Do we agree with Paul on this?
YES 100%........Rom 2:16 Rom 2:16 on that day when, according to MY GOSPEL, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

You can't change or mess with this gospel or risk being doubly accursed, so its not optional........

Gal 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—
Gal 1:7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

Old 09-04-2022, 02:13 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,019,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
The plan for salvation through Jesus was always made before God created anything, but no one is saved through Jesus and reconciled to God before Jesus came and died for us................
I find God's 'plan' was purposed at the time of Genesis 3:15 and Not before that information was given to us.
Remember: 'plans' can change. For example: Picnic plans can change due to bad weather.
Whereas, God's 'purpose' does Not change No matter what the weather climate, etc. could be.
God did Not promise Messiah (seed) before Gen. 3:15 - the first prophecy.

Old 09-04-2022, 02:33 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,019,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
YES 100%........Rom 2:16......on that day when, according to MY GOSPEL, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus. ................
I find Romans 2:14-15 ties in nicely with verse 16 because it is speaking about the gentile people of the nations.
For gentile peoples did Not have the Constitution of the Mosaic Law which was only for one nation: ancient Israel.
Unless damaged we come equipped with an in-born conscience ( moral values )
God does look at intent: intentional or not, on purpose or not, premeditated or not, willful or not........

I find at John 5:22 that the Father judges No one but all judging is entrusted to Jesus.
So, God decrees Jesus to be judge - Acts 10:42
Jesus to judge both the living and the dead - 1st Peter 4:5
The ' living ' judged at Jesus' coming Glory Time of separation on Earth - Matthew 25:31-34
The figurative humble 'sheep' have a favorable judgement, the haughty 'goats' an adverse judgement.
The 'resurrected dead' will be judged on what they do ' after ' they are resurrected. - Acts 24:15
'On that day' is Resurrection Day (meaning: Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years).

Old 09-04-2022, 03:50 PM

3,220 posts, read 932,815 times
Quote:
jesus truth

False. All the OT Believers were saved by the blood of Christ before He actually died in time on the cross.

False thats works salvation condemned in scripture.
Nah. Jesus preached a works based theology. Paul contradicted Him.

“All those who do good to the resurrection of life.”

“He who believes in me shall do the works I do….”

“If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple.”

“Only those who do the will of my Heavenly Father shall enter the kingdom of heaven”

“The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it.”

“My brothers mother and sisters do the will of my Heavenly Father.”

“Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your Heavenly Father.”

All these sayings are promoting works.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:42 PM

11,944 posts, read 3,773,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Nah. Jesus preached a works based theology. Paul contradicted Him.

“All those who do good to the resurrection of life.”

“He who believes in me shall do the works I do….”

“If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple.”

“Only those who do the will of my Heavenly Father shall enter the kingdom of heaven”

“The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it.”

“My brothers mother and sisters do the will of my Heavenly Father.”

“Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your Heavenly Father.”

All these sayings are promoting works.
I think a lot of people forget or don’t realise it depends on the types of works

And yes I agree, Jesus was saying that there is a need to understand the difference between good works and evil works

Paul’s writings have a lot of things in them that have been and are misunderstood and twisted

Last edited by Meerkat2; 09-04-2022 at 04:51 PM..

Old 09-04-2022, 05:07 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,943,710 times
- The Gospel Was The Good News That People No Longer Had To Be Israel;
Nor Being Israel Had To Go To God's Priesthood Through Israel To Have Forgiveness From God.

- John The Baptist & Yeshua Came Preaching
Repentance & Baptism For The Remission Of Sin. No Animal Sacrificing Necessary.

Yeshua Was Forgiving Sins (Even Before He Died) Which Made The Jews Angry.

Yeshua 'Changed The Priesthood'. Becoming High Priest Of Heaven.
Even Saying Their Temple Would Be Destroyed Too.

- This Is Good News.
He Sacrificed Himself To Bring Everyone This Good News From God.
Causing Everyone To Depend On Him Instead Of A Priesthood Through Israel To God.

Old 09-04-2022, 09:37 PM

3,220 posts, read 932,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- The Gospel Was The Good News That People No Longer Had To Be Israel;
Nor Being Israel Had To Go To God's Priesthood Through Israel To Have Forgiveness From God.

- John The Baptist & Yeshua Came Preaching
Repentance & Baptism For The Remission Of Sin. No Animal Sacrificing Necessary.

Yeshua Was Forgiving Sins (Even Before He Died) Which Made The Jews Angry.

Yeshua 'Changed The Priesthood'. Becoming High Priest Of Heaven.
Even Saying Their Temple Would Be Destroyed Too.

- This Is Good News.
He Sacrificed Himself To Bring Everyone This Good News From God.
Causing Everyone To Depend On Him Instead Of A Priesthood Through Israel To God.
Jesus never promoted Himself. He promoted the son who is the servant of God, the prophets. When He spoke in the first person or second person He was always speaking of the servant of God the prophets. That is what people didn’t understand and still don’t.

God called Israel His son and servant that is who Jesus promoted. It was never about Himself alone.

“Israel is my son, my firstborn. Let my son go so he can serve me.”

“You are my witnesses, my servants whom I have chosen.”

“I said you are gods, all of you sons of the Most High.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity