Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 03:13 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Proof that self-righteousness abounds!
Is that a reflection in the mirror?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 04:09 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Yes the gospel is the good news of salvation from eternal perishing, as the murder of Jesus Christ an innocent man through the carnal spirit, by people who had the sin of envy. Then Jesus was raised from the dead which is proof of God ..... See this is good news for God as heaven was empty which was out of the will of God since the beginning of time, still God had the bosom of Abraham, as heavenly holding place for souls waiting for the messiah to come, as Jesus came and these people went on to be with God ....... God through the sin of killing Jesus the son of God is what God was waiting for a judgment for people to become children of God .... As all people of the earth have sinned and are to perish for their sins, where when people side with Jesus with faith and obedience to the character of Christ to be sinless through Christ, eternal life with the Spirit of God ...... All this is biblical gospel

Old 01-30-2021, 05:20 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,726 times
Quote:
Just wondering if we all agree on what the Gospel is according to the Word of God.

1 Cor. 15:1-4

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

Do we agree with Paul on this?
Absolutely correct......the one gospel Jews and Gentiles believe for salvation today........

Old 01-30-2021, 05:28 AM

332 posts, read 219,958 times
Quote:
Just wondering if we all agree on what the Gospel is according to the Word of God.

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

What kind of question is this? Why would I agree with Paul, when Jesus Christ is the author? Jesus Christ is the word of God.

The Gospel literally means good news.

Also the message is repent and belive the gospel Mark 1:15. Jesus Christ came to call sinners to repentance. If sinners do not want repentance they are not saved, Christ did not come for sinners who refuse repentance. Christ will also spit you out if you continue in willful sin.

So my answer is I belive Paul wrote by proxy for Jesus Christ the creator God. So I believe the creator, my Lord Jesus Christ, creator of everything.

Old 01-30-2021, 06:13 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfullizhe View Post
What kind of question is this? Why would I agree with Paul, when Jesus Christ is the author? Jesus Christ is the word of God.

The Gospel literally means good news.

Also the message is repent and belive the gospel Mark 1:15. Jesus Christ came to call sinners to repentance. If sinners do not want repentance they are not saved, Christ did not come for sinners who refuse repentance. Christ will also spit you out if you continue in willful sin.

So my answer is I belive Paul wrote by proxy for Jesus Christ the creator God. So I believe the creator, my Lord Jesus Christ, creator of everything.
If you can't agree with Paul, who Christ gave the meaning of the New Covenant, it's going to be very difficult for you to find your way as to exactly how to know the things necessary to make it!

Old 01-30-2021, 06:52 PM

33,223 posts, read 26,417,924 times
1 Corinthians 15:3-7 is well known by scholars to be what is called a pre-Pauline creed which he most likely received from Peter and James the brother of Jesus when he met with them some three years after his encounter with Jesus on the Damascus road.

The creed is from the beginning of the church. Paul passed on to the Corinthians what he himself had received. In other words, what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:3-7 is not of his own making.

Even Jesus mythicist Richard Carrier acknowledges that this pre-Pauline creed goes back to the beginning of the church even though since he doesn't believe that Jesus existed he doesn't think the creed proves anything.

https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/11069

Other sources concerning the creed can be found by googling it. The vast majority of scholars agree that the creed is legitimate.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:47 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Jerwade, why don't you wait for the true followers of Christ to chime in and you might learn something!
Have you not read 1 Corinthians 2?

Old 01-31-2021, 04:10 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Have you not read 1 Corinthians 2?
And your point?

Old 01-31-2021, 09:50 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,726 times
Quote:

Also worth noting......we will be judged by his gospel........

Romans 2:16
"In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

Old 01-31-2021, 11:30 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Default What is the Gospel

The Good News is NOT: Believe the following "precepts and doctrines of men" about Jesus and God or else burn in Hell or be annihilated! Get a clue, guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity