Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:52 PM

758 posts, read 847,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In other words - you have no answer.
Why am I blessed? Perhaps because it is a promise in Psalm 1

And ... what so ever he doeth he shall prosper in. The ungodly are not so!

There is the answer!
Six simple sentences filled with promises by the word of God.

It works for me.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:14 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,691,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
I guess you just don't understand period; and there is nothing I can possibly say to you that will change your mindset.

I have no control over where I was born; I don't get to choose my surroundings and parents. Why? that is one of the great questions of life.

Whose fault is it ?? Explain it to me in simple terms.
No, I do NOT understand why you should be treated any differently, given an exciting adventurous life by God, while millions of children are left defenseless by your God. Without an explanation, one can only conclude that there is no God in control of our lives. An all-loving omnipotent God would not ignore the needs of innocent children while providing you an exciting adventurous life.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:17 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,691,789 times
Quote:
Why am I blessed? Perhaps because it is a promise in Psalm 1

And ... what so ever he doeth he shall prosper in. The ungodly are not so!

There is the answer!
Six simple sentences filled with promises by the word of God.

It works for me.
So, you are asserting that all of these children are "ungodly", and that is the reason they are ignored by your God?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:22 PM

758 posts, read 847,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
So, you are asserting that all of these children are "ungodly", and that is the reason they are ignored by your God?
No the problem here is that YOU just don't listen or understand.

Satan has full control of this world.

But you can't possibly accept that because you don't even believe in any God.

so around and around and around you go - trying to blame someone for all of the problems on earth.

It must be God's fault because He should do something about it & He is not listening to you!

He has different plans - and you just can't or won't accept that so you insist There is no God!

Old 02-17-2014, 06:55 AM

591 posts, read 925,771 times
Quote:
No the problem here is that YOU just don't listen or understand.
You were the one who stated that the ungodly are punished. So the children must be ungodly by your own words.

Quote:
Satan has full control of this world.
I'm waiting for his book to come out. Always two sides to every story.

Quote:
so around and around and around you go - trying to blame someone for all of the problems on earth.
No, no, no! Nobody is finding anyone to blame, but, by you own claim, these children are being punished for not having God in their lives. That would mean God is punishing them. So he would be to blame. However the difference between the religious and the non-religious is we know there are problems in the world, and we will do our best to help, after being lucky enough to find ourselves in the UK, USA. What we don't do is pray. Prayer is a way for the religious to feel like they are helping, by not doing anything at all.

Quote:
It must be God's fault because He should do something about it...
Correct!

Quote:
He has different plans - and you just can't or won't accept that so you insist There is no God!
He planned to give AIDS to millions of African kids?! He seems like the guy I want to follow. Makes me sick.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:45 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,964,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
You were the one who stated that the ungodly are punished. So the children must be ungodly by your own words.

I'm waiting for his book to come out. Always two sides to every story.

No, no, no! Nobody is finding anyone to blame, but, by you own claim, these children are being punished for not having God in their lives. That would mean God is punishing them. So he would be to blame. However the difference between the religious and the non-religious is we know there are problems in the world, and we will do our best to help, after being lucky enough to find ourselves in the UK, USA. What we don't do is pray. Prayer is a way for the religious to feel like they are helping, by not doing anything at all.

Correct!

He planned to give AIDS to millions of African kids?! He seems like the guy I want to follow. Makes me sick.
What does the above have to do with "How tall was Noah?"

The Bible doesn't really say how tall he was.
But it is interesting that the older cubit was around 21.3 inches and after the flood it was around 17 inches. But this does not prove how tall Noah was.

Lots of things changed after the historic world-wide flood. The length of the year prior to the flood was at 360 days but after the flood the earth was pulled further out of its orbit to a 356 day orbit.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:05 AM

591 posts, read 925,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
What does the above have to do with "How tall was Noah?"
I'm answering his previous points. So, why have you singled my post out for scrutiny? Yet, ignored the previous posts by Atkutuq?! Must be because he believes too. Makes no sense otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Lots of things changed after the historic world-wide flood. The length of the year prior to the flood was at 360 days but after the flood the earth was pulled further out of its orbit to a 356 day orbit.
A flood cannot change the length of a day.

Where do you also get the other 9 days we have now from? What made up story will you tell us happened to produce 9 more days?! I was always taught a year was 365.25 days long (Reason we have a leap year). You are missing 9 days. Explain.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:20 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,970,775 times
Tall enough to make the sheep nervous.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:02 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,964,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
I'm answering his previous points. So, why have you singled my post out for scrutiny? Yet, ignored the previous posts by Atkutuq?! Must be because he believes too. Makes no sense otherwise.

A flood cannot change the length of a day.

Where do you also get the other 9 days we have now from? What made up story will you tell us happened to produce 9 more days?! I was always taught a year was 365.25 days long (Reason we have a leap year). You are missing 9 days. Explain.
I mistyped. It went from 360 days pre-flood to 365 days post flood.

You can read here: The Mars-Earth Wars, by Patten and Windsor how Mars pulled the earth out of a 360 day per year orbit to our current 365.25 days per year.

This occurred at the time of the world-wide flood in Noah's day.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:59 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,390,729 times
Quote:
WHY?? In heavens name are you blaming me for something Jesus said we cannot get rid of in our society until He Returns and sets His government up here on Earth?

Why do you ignore the Prince of the Power of this atmosphere who is hell bent on destroying Everything that God creates or sets up.

IN case you haven't noticed: or perhaps forgotten what happened to Jesus - He was offered all of the kingdoms of this world by Satan; Remember what was said here?? Satan said I own all of this - It is mine to give to whomever I wish!

Right there is the person you should be focused on blaming. Nope you are going to ignore the simple truth and twist & spin it and make it all my fault and that of God's!

Whoa - you seriously need to back up and re-read a few times the Gospels and figure out what is really going on here in this world.

WoWoW - That's all I can say - Whew (shaking my head in disbelief).
Many would rather blame God that listen to the explanation God gave about why there are such problems and what he intends to do to fix it. For many more they can say it means no God exists so they can do as they please. Neither course has ever changed a thing as to the pain and suffering of mankind. That thinking basically reflects Adams answer to God: "That woman YOU gave me ...". Blame God and everyone else except ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity