Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 10:00 AM

591 posts, read 925,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I mistyped. It went from 360 days pre-flood to 365 days post flood.

You can read here: The Mars-Earth Wars, by Patten and Windsor how Mars pulled the earth out of a 360 day per year orbit to our current 365.25 days per year.

This occurred at the time of the world-wide flood in Noah's day.
So it would have been Mars, not the flood! Also, please send me to a link that isn't by creationists. Otherwise it isn't credible. An astronomy site would be the place to start.

Last edited by Northern Matt; 02-17-2014 at 10:14 AM..

Old 02-17-2014, 10:12 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
What does the above have to do with "How tall was Noah?"

The Bible doesn't really say how tall he was.
But it is interesting that the older cubit was around 21.3 inches and after the flood it was around 17 inches. But this does not prove how tall Noah was.

Lots of things changed after the historic world-wide flood. The length of the year prior to the flood was at 360 days but after the flood the earth was pulled further out of its orbit to a 356 day orbit.
The days did not change. They used 360 days after the flood as well based on the Lunar calendar not the solar. They just added a month periodically to bring the seasons into alignment. No evidence that the world changed to that extent by the flood.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:40 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
The days did not change. They used 360 days after the flood as well based on the Lunar calendar not the solar. They just added a month periodically to bring the seasons into alignment. No evidence that the world changed to that extent by the flood.
Please read this:

Immanuel Velikovsky: Worlds in Collision<br> <br>

Old 02-17-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
So it would have been Mars, not the flood! Also, please send me to a link that isn't by creationists. Otherwise it isn't credible. An astronomy site would be the place to start.
The close interaction of Mars with our earth caused global flooding and other things related to the flood in Noah's day.

Show me links for your understanding that is only by creationists. Otherwise it isn't credible.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
The close interaction of Mars with our earth caused global flooding and other things related to the flood in Noah's day.

Show me links for your understanding that is only by creationists. Otherwise it isn't credible.
That's not what I said. I said "please send me to a link that isn't by creationists". You're lying again Eusebius and you can't escape what is written.

This isn't the first time you have taken me out of context.

Again, you haven't learnt what burden of proof is. You are the one who needs to provide credible sources.

I won't do your research for you.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
That's not what I said. I said "please send me to a link that isn't by creationists". You're lying again Eusebius and you can't escape what is written.

This isn't the first time you have taken me out of context.

Again, you haven't learnt what burden of proof is. You are the one who needs to provide credible sources.

I won't do your research for you.
I know exactly what you said. Me having to Provide you information only by those not creationists is like me asking you to prove your points only by providing information by creationists or it can't be taken seriously.

The link I provided here: The Mars-Earth Wars, by Patten and Windsor is part of the research done. It is credible research.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I know exactly what you said. Me having to Provide you information only by those not creationists is like me asking you to prove your points only by providing information by creationists or it can't be taken seriously.
You clearly do not know what I said, and I won't repeat it for a 3rd time. You see, the source you provided isn't credible. I asked for a credible source. One from someone who has an actual knowledge of the subject you are discussing. An astronomer for instance. You have STILL failed to provide one. I expect nothing else from you.

The bolded section is nothing like what I am asking you. If you ask me a question or make a claim about the Bible, I will provide you will Bible quotes, or sources with which debunk the claims you make etc. If you ask me a question or make a claim about Mars/floods and how many days in a year, (Someone has already told you, you are wrong on that) then I will provide you with sources from astronomers and others from the fields you are discussing.

See the difference?!

I will remove the link before you keep spamming us with that too.

Last edited by Northern Matt; 02-17-2014 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Editing for Eusebius, as he couldn't read it with a mistake. Same as my 4 year old cousin, she can't either.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
You clearly have do not know what I said,.
How can anyone know what you said when you write unintelligent sentences like the above?

Old 02-17-2014, 01:22 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,644,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Noah was of normal (average height); His blood line (& family members) were not infected with the dna of the Nephilim.

And Noah and his generations were all perfect; Genesis 6:9

WE know for a fact one of the sons committed a grave sin later. It doesn't mean they were sinless - Their bloodline was pure.

In Genesis chapter 5 we are given the names of the ten generations of Noah.

"Hidden" in plain sight is the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

It is the Glory of God to conceal a matter ... Proverbs 25:2
Search the scriptures as for hidden treasure(s). Proverbs 2:4

Hebrew - English
Adam - Man [is]
Seth - Appointed
Enosh - Mortal
Kenan - Sorrow;
Mahalalel - The Blessed God
Jared - Shall come down
Enoch - Teaching
Methuselah - His death shall bring
Lamech - The Despairing
Noah - Rest, or comfort.

Most people are unaware that Enoch knew in advance the exact day of the flood.
The flood would not happen until Methuselah died!

Methuselah was the oldest man recorded in the bible; Yet he died before... His father!
If he died when the flood came and before his father died, did his father sneak on the Ark?

Old 02-17-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
How can anyone know what you said when you write unintelligent sentences like the above?
Make one mistake (adding the word 'have'), and you act the almighty. I'd go back and change the countless spelling and grammatical mistakes you made.

When you resort to doing this though, you have clearly lost the argument.

Yet, once again, you ignore the points at hand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.