Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 06:30 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,324,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Praying for you...
Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 12:09 PM

63,876 posts, read 40,157,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense. God simply tells us the truth about how things are spiritually and what spiritual consequences we will face based on our actions and attitudes, i.e., what kind of Spirit we are becoming. It is what we are becoming that determines what we will face, NOT God. God is on our side and wants us to avoid any negative spiritual consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Are you saying man does not need to obey the commands of Jesus to believe He is the Son of God, to repent, and confess with his mouth that Jesus is Lord in order to be saved?
What all of you exhibiting angst over salvation seem incapable of accepting is that you have NOTHING TO DO WITH your salvation. Jesus did that and it is finished. Because that is TRUE is WHY you can have faith in Jesus that you are saved. What you face as a "saved" "born again" Spirit does depend on how successfully you build on the Foundation of agape love and forgiveness Jesus laid for us. We are sanctified and justified through loving God and each other every day and repenting when we fail. Everything else is a prologue.

Old 01-09-2022, 05:26 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,850,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Are you saying man does not need to obey the commands of Jesus to believe He is the Son of God, to repent, and confess with his mouth that Jesus is Lord in order to be saved?
Yes, I am saying that, concerning the first thing.

Of course in order to be saved one must believe Jesus is the Son of God and confess with the mouth the Lord Jesus.

However, we are not saved by works / obedience (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 4:1-8, Titus 3:4-7, Romans 11:5-6).

Nevertheless, I am also saying that if a person is genuinely born again, they will obey the commands of Jesus because of the indwelling Holy Ghost.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
What all of you exhibiting angst over salvation seem incapable of accepting is that you have NOTHING TO DO WITH your salvation. Jesus did that and it is finished. Because that is TRUE is WHY you can have faith in Jesus that you are saved. What you face as a "saved" "born again" Spirit does depend on how successfully you build on the Foundation of agape love and forgiveness Jesus laid for us. We are sanctified and justified through loving God and each other every day and repenting when we fail. Everything else is a prologue.
We must receive Jesus as Lord and Saviour in order to be saved (John 1:12);

We must confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9-10);

We must call upon the name of the Lord (Romans 10:13).

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...you-words.html

Old 01-10-2022, 09:54 PM

Quote:
We must receive Jesus as Lord and Saviour in order to be saved (John 1:12);
Whatever you think that means is just magical platitude. You receive Jesus by trying to emulate His agape love of God and each of us every day and repent when you fail. Everything else is just talking the talk instead of walking the walk.
Quote:
We must confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9-10);
Place your faith that Jesus is who He said He is and did what He said He did and act like it in your daily lives. That is what that verse actually means. There are no magic words that accomplish anything!

Old 01-11-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Whatever you think that means is just magical platitude. You receive Jesus by trying to emulate His agape love of God and each of us every day and repent when you fail. Everything else is just talking the talk instead of walking the walk. Place your faith that Jesus is who He said He is and did what He said He did and act like it in your daily lives. That is what that verse actually means. There are no magic words that accomplish anything!
Why don't you try receiving Jesus into your heart?

God answering prayer isn't magic, I will agree with you there.

But the fact is that He will come into your heart and will enable you to live the Christian life (and understand his message) if you pray to receive Him.

Old 01-11-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Why don't you try receiving Jesus into your heart?
God answering prayer isn't magic, I will agree with you there.
But the fact is that He will come into your heart and will enable you to live the Christian life (and understand his message) if you pray to receive Him.
Unnecessary and it is too late, anyway. He burst into my life unbidden when I did not even believe He existed. He has never left me since. That is how I know what He is like and what He is NOT like. He is NOT like the God you think you worship. He is like Jesus as He was on the Cross. Divest yourself of our ancestors' wrathful ignorance and superstition and embrace Jesus of the Cross who IS God Himself in the flesh.

Old 01-11-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Unnecessary and it is too late, anyway. He burst into my life unbidden when I did not even believe He existed. He has never left me since. That is how I know what He is like and what He is NOT like. He is NOT like the God you think you worship. He is like Jesus as He was on the Cross. Divest yourself of our ancestors' wrathful ignorance and superstition and embrace Jesus of the Cross who IS God Himself in the flesh.
If He showed you that you were forgiven, then He showed you that you were forgiven of something; and that you were not forgiven before you were forgiven.

What was your eternal destination before you were forgiven (if you are forgiven)?

I believe that you know what the biblical answer is.

But I think that because you don't like that answer, you have become one of the teachers to whom people with itching ears will turn when they cannot endure sound doctrine (2 Timothy 4:3).

Old 01-11-2022, 05:42 PM

Quote:
If He showed you that you were forgiven, then He showed you that you were forgiven of something; and that you were not forgiven before you were forgiven.

What was your eternal destination before you were forgiven (if you are forgiven)?

I believe that you know what the biblical answer is.

But I think that because you don't like that answer, you have become one of the teachers to whom people with itching ears will turn when they cannot endure sound doctrine (2 Timothy 4:3).
I doubt anyone with itching ears will flock to my understanding of God either, JBF. There definitely ARE negative consequences that we might face if we do not resonate (however imperfectly) with the love of Jesus toward God and each other and repent when we fail. Some of the consequences will be every bit as bad as we were here on earth.

My belief is that they will be EXACTLY whatever harm we inflicted on others here on earth. If we harmed ten people 20 times, we will experience the same harm the same number of times. Imagine what Hitler faced. It may not be eternal, but it could take a while to experience the harm to 6 million-plus human beings. The difference is the consequences are not punishments imposed by God, they are kind of self-inflicted, but at least they are not eternal. They are simply what we have earned by what kind of Spirit we have become, IMO.

Old 01-11-2022, 11:22 PM

The reality is that Hitler is going to commit more sins while he is being punished, thus adding to his own punishment; so that I would venture to say that he will never be through with being punished because another ten years will be added to his sentence every time he blasphemes God over the pain he will be experiencing at the hand of God. He would have to have a nature in hell where he would blaspheme God less than once every ten years in order to even get ahead.

But the sin nature has not been dealt with for Hitler and therefore, even if he blasphemes God less than once every ten years, he would be committing other sins that would be adding to his sentence.

Likewise for all others who will be cast into hell and then the lake of fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity