Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 10:00 AM

3,220 posts, read 927,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
@Free4you,

You are not going to win any born again Christians to believe in your Messiahship, we believe that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 5:1).

That means that you may win people who belong to satan; and after all is said and done they will still belong to satan.

Mat 24:24, For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Your following the false prophets.

Jesus said His followers would use His words. Paul fails that test. I don’t.

“No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit. Flesh makes flesh spirit makes spirit.”

“No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man.”

“The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.”

Paul never repeated those words.

“If they have kept my word they will keep yours.” Why? Because they’re the same words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 09:16 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,850,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
You just demonstrated you don’t know the will of God. His death was not God’s will. But yes He came to do the will of God.

“Your ways are not my ways nor are your thoughts my thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth that’s how high my ways are above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts.”
Act 2:23, Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Quote:
Your following the false prophets.

Jesus said His followers would use His words. Paul fails that test. I don’t.

“No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit. Flesh makes flesh spirit makes spirit.”

“No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man.”

“The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.”

Paul never repeated those words.

“If they have kept my word they will keep yours.” Why? Because they’re the same words.
Sorry, you are a false Christ.

Old 03-20-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Act 2:23, Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Sorry, you are a false Christ.
Or you are. Though you don’t claim to be, your posts do.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Or you are. Though you don’t claim to be, your posts do.
No, I don't claim to be Christ, that is true; and neither do I claim to be Christ in my posts.

One can only be a false Christ if they are claiming to be Christ.

Old 03-20-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
No, I don't claim to be Christ, that is true; and neither do I claim to be Christ in my posts.

One can only be a false Christ if they are claiming to be Christ.
Being a Christ is simply being anointed. Really all of God’s people are Christ, or anointed. You don’t know this because you are not anointed.

Jesus said His followers would be anointed. That does not include you then since you admit you are not anointed.

“The LORD is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed.

“Sanctify them by means of truth.”

“ Your word is truth.”

Old 03-20-2022, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Being a Christ is simply being anointed. Really all of God’s people are Christ, or anointed. You don’t know this because you are not anointed.

Jesus said His followers would be anointed. That does not include you then since you admit you are not anointed.

“The LORD is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed.”

“ Your word is truth.”
I command those words to fall to the ground.

Old 03-21-2022, 12:10 AM

Quote:

“The LORD is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed.

“ Your word is truth.”
Christ is actually the Greek terminology for the Jewish Messiah.

Old 03-21-2022, 12:12 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,040,953 times
Quote:
Redemption has always been acquired in the same manner and that is by serving God. Jesus was God’s way of showing a genuine servant. God the Father came as Jesus because rebel Israel rejected the prophets. So God came in order to show the way but also as a farewell because He left Israel to it’s own devices and won’t be back until the law and the prophets are recognized and His son is revered.

“The LORD redeems the lives of His servants, no one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt.”

“Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.”

“Observe what is right and do what is just for my salvation is near to attain, my justice about to be revealed. Blessed is the man who does this, the son of man who holds to it,” says the LORD

Only the son, the servant of God, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven!

Any chance you can agree or do you deny scripture?
Where does it say the Messiah is not needed?

Old 03-24-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Where does it say the Messiah is not needed?
Here.

“The LORD redeems the lives of His servants. No one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt.”

Jesus also says here;

“He who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.”

Old 03-24-2022, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Here.

“The LORD redeems the lives of His servants. No one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt.”

Jesus also says here;

“He who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.”
The Messiah is God in the flesh; and therefore your scriptures don't fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity