Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 05:45 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Where in the bible does God say that He can ONLY be called by one name ?

Acts 2:21 is a quote from Joel 2:31-32 where the name YHWH( Jehovah) Belongs to start with, Acts 2:16 mentions Joel, proving verse 21 is that quote from Joel, thus the name YHWH( Jehovah) belongs in both spots. But because most translations have LORD and Lord at both spots, the mislead will call on the name Jesus instead of YHWH(Jehovah). All done by satans will centuries ago, he best billions living today and throughout the centuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Obviously the translators of the kjv translated it in Exodus 3:14 as "I AM THAT I AM".

These were Hebrew scholars who would tell you that the way that they translated it is accurate to the Hebrew text.

Google it, it will show you its error.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:17 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Google it, it will show you its error.
Nor everything on google is accurate to reality.

The Hebrew scholars who translated the kjv would tell you that they translated it accurately, if they were alive today.

That Exodus 3:14 does not say "I AM THAT I AM",

I believe is a Jehovah's Witness contention.

But I will humour you;

What parameters should I place on my google search?

Old 07-05-2022, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Acts 2:21 is a quote from Joel 2:31-32 where the name YHWH( Jehovah) Belongs to start with, Acts 2:16 mentions Joel, proving verse 21 is that quote from Joel, thus the name YHWH( Jehovah) belongs in both spots. But because most translations have LORD and Lord at both spots, the mislead will call on the name Jesus instead of YHWH(Jehovah). All done by satans will centuries ago, he best billions living today and throughout the centuries.
What does the NeWT say in Acts 4:10-12?

Does it say, as does the kjv, that there is none other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved, other than the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth?

Old 07-06-2022, 07:55 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
Quote:
Where in the bible does God say that He can ONLY be called by one name ?
Quote:
Sorry, there's no word 'only' stated or implied in either of those verses.
Your assertion fails.

It seems JBF actually found a verse that does - Acts 4:10-12 :
Quote:
let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·reneʹ,k
whom you executed on a stakel but whom God raised up from the dead,m by means of him*
this man stands here healthy in front of you.
11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by you builders as of no account that has become the chief cornerstone.’n
12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.â€p
^^ this is directly out of your NWT, by the way. You might try reading it sometime ...

Old 07-07-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Nor everything on google is accurate to reality.

The Hebrew scholars who translated the kjv would tell you that they translated it accurately, if they were alive today.

That Exodus 3:14 does not say "I AM THAT I AM",

I believe is a Jehovah's Witness contention.

But I will humour you;

What parameters should I place on my google search?

No, Its Hebrew scholars living now who say its a mistranslation in trinity bibles. Those altered versions of Gods word by satans will.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:18 PM

Quote:
What does the NeWT say in Acts 4:10-12?

Does it say, as does the kjv, that there is none other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved, other than the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth?

Yes, by obeying every teaching he gave, John 3:36 is clear--Those not obeying Jesus remain in Gods wrath. The bible as well teaches--proof of ones love for Jesus is by obeying him. It is fact--In the NT at Acts 2:21--Those calling on the name of the Lord will be saved is a quote from Joel 2:31-32--Those calling on the name of YHWH will be saved, but since by satans will, men removed Gods name at Joel and replaced it with LORD, your translations have Lord in the place of Gods name at Acts 2:21. all designed by satans will to mislead. Your altered versions mislead all into not entering Gods kingdom.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry, there's no word 'only' stated or implied in either of those verses.
Your assertion fails.

It seems JBF actually found a verse that does - Acts 4:10-12 :

^^ this is directly out of your NWT, by the way. You might try reading it sometime ...

Salvation by obeying every teaching he gave, which is also proof of ones love for him. Those not obeying what he taught, remain in Gods wrath( John 3:36)

Old 07-08-2022, 12:04 AM

Quote:
No, Its Hebrew scholars living now who say its a mistranslation in trinity bibles. Those altered versions of Gods word by satans will.
I think that I can be certain that the Hebrew scholars you are referring to are Jehovah's Witnesses and therefore they have a predetermined bias.

Quote:
Yes, by obeying every teaching he gave, John 3:36 is clear--Those not obeying Jesus remain in Gods wrath. The bible as well teaches--proof of ones love for Jesus is by obeying him. It is fact--In the NT at Acts 2:21--Those calling on the name of the Lord will be saved is a quote from Joel 2:31-32--Those calling on the name of YHWH will be saved, but since by satans will, men removed Gods name at Joel and replaced it with LORD, your translations have Lord in the place of Gods name at Acts 2:21. all designed by satans will to mislead. Your altered versions mislead all into not entering Gods kingdom.
Quote:
Salvation by obeying every teaching he gave, which is also proof of ones love for him. Those not obeying what he taught, remain in Gods wrath( John 3:36)
"Whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved" (Romans 10:13).

What name is Paul referring to?

If you say, "Jehovah" then you are contradicting what it even says in your NeWT in Acts 4:10-12...

Because that passage says that there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved, other than the name of "Jesus Christ of Nazareth".

What does Romans 10:13 say in your NeWT? Jehovah or Jesus?

Who is the Lord (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, 2 Corinthians 6:17-18, 1 Corinthians 8:6, 1 Corinthians 12:3, Ephesians 4:5)?

What name are we to call upon for salvation?

I would say that these are important questions, wouldn't you?

What is the answer of the Jehovah's Witness to these questions?

And, contrastly, what is the answer of holy scripture (specifically the scriptures that I gave you)?

Old 09-05-2022, 04:49 AM

What is the answer of the Jehovah's Witnesses to these questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity