Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 11:38 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
“Whenever you pray, say: ‘Father, let your name be sanctified."- Luke 11:2

"I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word."-John 17:6

It's not the "governing board" teaching anyone. It's Jesus. It's the Bible. It's God's word!

The oldest copies of the Bible have God's name, YHWH. 99% of newer translations removed it. That's not right.

It's become a practice based on superstition and not Biblical testimony that even Church leaders prohibit the use of his name. God's name is even engraved in their houses of worship. I was one such follower at one time. Blind to the fact that God has a name.

"The reason given for this amazing turnaround was that such pronunciation would violate long-standing Jewish tradition. One wonders what Jesus would have thought of this decision knowing that he often berated the Jewish leaders for their adherence to their traditions, at the expense of keeping God’s commandments (e.g. Matthew 15:3,6, New English Bible). It is also of interest to learn that the Tetragrammaton is clearly recognisable on a funerary monument, and also on a painting, in St Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican."-
https://www.wivenhoehistory.org.uk/c...hurch-wivenhoe
St. Peter's Basilica has the name engraved on the ceiling

Whether its Yaweh or Jehovah he has a name. A name conveys the qualities of a person. Father, Adonai, etc are only titles not names.

However, in the end it's God we answer to. It's not the "governing board" the pope, deacons, people on CD etc and we cannot say "I didn't know" when we are presented with evidence but reject it out of hand. Our decisions on faith should be based on reason and not traditions or what feels good to us IMHO.

Summary of facts:
God's name is YHWH. It's rendered as Yaweh or Jehovah. It appears in various houses of worship among different faiths.
Superstition led to excluding and pronouncing his name but obviously Jesus used his name and taught it to his followers.
It appears in the oldest copies of the Bible (see the Dead Sea Scrolls)
His name appears in the King James Bible, Psalm 83:18

Like my OP says God inspired his name in 7000 spots--satans will had it removed and those doing satans will keep it out.
In 2015 the Divine name kjv put his name back in the OT but left it out of the NT. Jerome -the first translator told the Pope Gods name belongs in the NT, he wouldnt allow it.
They do not know if its YHWH or YHVH. But i believe it is God himself who makes his name known and keeps making it known as his son promised to do as well-John 17:26.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 12:01 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
“Whenever you pray, say: ‘Father, let your name be sanctified."- Luke 11:2

"I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word."-John 17:6
It's not the "governing board" teaching anyone. It's Jesus. It's the Bible. It's God's word!
The oldest copies of the Bible have God's name, YHWH. 99% of newer translations removed it. That's not right.
It's become a practice based on superstition and not Biblical testimony that even Church leaders prohibit the use of his name. God's name is even engraved in their houses of worship. I was one such follower at one time. Blind to the fact that God has a name.
"The reason given for this amazing turnaround was that such pronunciation would violate long-standing Jewish tradition. One wonders what Jesus would have thought of this decision knowing that he often berated the Jewish leaders for their adherence to their traditions, at the expense of keeping God’s commandments (e.g. Matthew 15:3,6, New English Bible). It is also of interest to learn that the Tetragrammaton is clearly recognisable on a funerary monument, and also on a painting, in St Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican."-
https://www.wivenhoehistory.org.uk/c...hurch-wivenhoe
St. Peter's Basilica has the name engraved on the ceiling
Whether its Yaweh or Jehovah he has a name. A name conveys the qualities of a person. Father, Adonai, etc are only titles not names.
However, in the end it's God we answer to. It's not the "governing board" the pope, deacons, people on CD etc and we cannot say "I didn't know" when we are presented with evidence but reject it out of hand. Our decisions on faith should be based on reason and not traditions or what feels good to us IMHO.
Summary of facts:
God's name is YHWH. It's rendered as Yaweh or Jehovah. It appears in various houses of worship among different faiths.
Superstition led to excluding and pronouncing his name but obviously Jesus used his name and taught it to his followers.
It appears in the oldest copies of the Bible (see the Dead Sea Scrolls)
His name appears in the King James Bible, Psalm 83:18
Care to enlighten me with the names of the translators that formed the NWT so that the truth of your claims can be verified?

Old 05-31-2022, 12:29 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I already know that loaded question. Jesus is called Lord, but never LORD as God is in the OT by the removal of his name. And before you say there is only one Lord, Paul assures you there are many-1Cor 8:5-- How can one be Lord of Lords if there is only one?

The biggest question is-Why do all of you throw the truths i share away as worthless, like my OP?
There is only one Lord...and many lords.

Capitalization matters here or else you have a contradiction between 1 Corinthians 8:5 and 8:6.

Old 05-31-2022, 05:23 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

Capitalization matters here or else you have a contradiction between 1 Corinthians 8:5 and 8:6.
The word LORD does not belong in the OT, it was put there by satans will as my OP shows. But at 1 Cor 8:6 when Paul tells all to beware of false gods in verse 5, tells all who the true God is--only the Father. But you wont believe that-WHY? Same at John 4:22-24--Jesus warns about false gods being served, then tells all how to serve the true God correctly--only the Father. Because it is just as Jesus tells all at John 17:1-6,26--He says-the one who sent him=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah) verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah), but again every trinitarian outright refuse to believe Jesus over errors translated it by the religion that came out of Rome and caused a mass of confusion of 34,000 different religions claiming to be christian. The bible is clear--there is no division in Jesus 1 religion he is with. 1Cor 1:10--unity of thought as well= all of Gods one truth. The holy spirit is not confused, mens dogmas are.

Last edited by kjw47; 05-31-2022 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: b

Old 05-31-2022, 08:17 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
The word LORD does not belong in the OT, it was put there by satans will as my OP shows. But at 1 Cor 8:6 when Paul tells all to beware of false gods in verse 5, tells all who the true God is--only the Father. But you wont believe that-WHY? Same at John 4:22-24--Jesus warns about false gods being served, then tells all how to serve the true God correctly--only the Father. Because it is just as Jesus tells all at John 17:1-6,26--He says-the one who sent him=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah) verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah), but again every trinitarian outright refuse to believe Jesus over errors translated it by the religion that came out of Rome and caused a mass of confusion of 34,000 different religions claiming to be christian. The bible is clear--there is no division in Jesus 1 religion he is with. 1Cor 1:10--unity of thought as well= all of Gods one truth. The holy spirit is not confused, mens dogmas are.
In 1 Corinthians 8:6 it clearly teaches us that there is one Lord--only Jesus Christ.

Why don't you believe that?

Clearly there is one Lord of heaven and earth (Ephesians 4:5)...even the Father (according to Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, and 2 Corinthians 6:17-18).

I conclude that Jesus and the Father are the same Lord, the same Spirit, and the same God (1 Corinthians 12:4-6).

There is one God, even the Father (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Yet the Father says to the Son, "Thy throne, O God is for ever and ever" (Hebrews 1:8-9 (kjv)).

So, the Son is the Father; being God...

albeit He is the Son in that He is the same Spirit as the Father, yet come in human flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

That is the distinction between the Father and the Son.

The Father is a Spirit without flesh (John 4:23-24), inhabiting eternity (Isaiah 57:15).

The Son is the same Spirit come in the flesh (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4).

Old 05-31-2022, 09:44 PM

327 posts, read 132,466 times
Quote:
You must have missed Gods words in Ezekials prophecies. About 20 x he says--They will have to know, i am YHWH(Jehovah)--And Jesus promised to keep on making his Fathers name known-John 17:26--So obviously it is important to God and his son that Gods name is known and used, just not in vain.
"Name" had a different meaning back then.
Like "In the Name of Jesus"
They aren't actually talking about the alphabet or the sounds that they refer to.
They are referring to the reputation of Jesus. His standing. What the name means or stand for.

Savior
Redeemer
Bread of Life
Lord
Creator
Son of the Living God
Only Begotten Son
Beloved Son
Holy One of Israel
Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace
King of Kings
Head of the Church
The Almighty
Alpha and Omega
Master
King of the Jews
High Priest
Prophet
Teacher
Immanuel
Advocate
Mediator
Judge
Chief Cornerstone
Author and Finisher of Our Faith
Lamb of God
Good Shepherd
The Shepherd and Bishop of Souls
The Word
Fountain of Living Waters
Rock
Messias
True Vine
Branch
Bridegroom
Dayspring
Shiloh
The Lion of the Tribe of Judah
The Bright and Morning Star
The Image of the Invisible God
I Am
Son of Man
Carpenter
The Way, the Truth and the Life
King of Israel
Christ

Old 06-01-2022, 12:20 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriting View Post
"Name" had a different meaning back then.
Like "In the Name of Jesus"
They aren't actually talking about the alphabet or the sounds that they refer to.
They are referring to the reputation of Jesus. His standing. What the name means or stand for.

Savior
Redeemer
Bread of Life
Lord
Creator
Son of the Living God
Only Begotten Son
Beloved Son
Holy One of Israel
Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace
King of Kings
Head of the Church
The Almighty
Alpha and Omega
Master
King of the Jews
High Priest
Prophet
Teacher
Immanuel
Advocate
Mediator
Judge
Chief Cornerstone
Author and Finisher of Our Faith
Lamb of God
Good Shepherd
The Shepherd and Bishop of Souls
The Word
Fountain of Living Waters
Rock
Messias
True Vine
Branch
Bridegroom
Dayspring
Shiloh
The Lion of the Tribe of Judah
The Bright and Morning Star
The Image of the Invisible God
I Am
Son of Man
Carpenter
The Way, the Truth and the Life
King of Israel
Christ
Not Bad, SkyWriting.

Old 06-01-2022, 12:40 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Jesus teaches- Matthew 7:21-- Those living to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom( be saved)

God inspired his written word. He inspired his name in about 7000 spots.= his will. Nearly 6800 in the OT, every spot-GOD or LORD all capitols is, and in the NT where the OT is quoted and the name belongs. By the will of satan in almost every translation on earth, the name has been removed. To Mislead by satans will. Thus all using the altered translations are living by satans will. Every clergy on earth condemned the translators who had the love and respect for God and his will to put his name back where he wants it, condemned by satans will.
Have you ever bothered to research this? Pick up a modern translation and you'll see that no, it isn't the case. Your argument is patently incorrect. The editors give their reasoning for why they substitute LORD in the foreward.

The issue is that it really just makes you look ignorant when you ascribe motive where there is none.

Quote:

Proof removal of the name misleads away from Jesus Fathers will:
Acts 2:21--those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved
The Greek literally uses the word "Kyrios" there. That's what Luke wrote when he wrote it. He did not write "Jehovah", or YHWH. Your argument is with Luke.
Quote:
= a quote from Joel 2:31-32--Those who call on the name of YHWH(Jehovah) will be saved--You have LORD at Joel. Thus they will call on the name Jesus to be saved and fail to do his Fathers will. The name YHWH(Jehovah) belongs at both spots.
It was quoted by Luke using kyrios, but in Joel 2:31-31 it uses YHWH. The question you should ask is why Luke used the Greek term?

The translators often use LORD as a substitute for the tetragrammaton. It isn't because they don't want to use the correct name, but because it shows reverence for God's name. Which, incidentally, is not Jehovah. It's never written in Greek or Hebrew as Jehovah.
Quote:
Just the fact that by satans will, condeming ones for doing Jesus Fathers will by putting the name back should clearly show how false those clergys are--they are these-2Corinthians 11:12-15
The only one teaching wrongly here is the false teacher you believed.
Quote:
We all must choose the path we walk, do not forget Jesus teaches-FEW will find the road.
Yes. So do your homework. Don't fall for the lies.

Old 06-01-2022, 12:58 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times
Quote:
Jesus teaches- Matthew 7:21-- Those living to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom( be saved)God inspired his written word. He inspired his name in about 7000 spots.= his will. Nearly 6800 in the OT, every spot-GOD or LORD all capitols is, and in the NT where the OT is quoted and the name belongs. By the will of satan in almost every translation on earth, the name has been removed. To Mislead by satans will. Thus all using the altered translations are living by satans will. Every clergy on earth condemned the translators who had the love and respect for God and his will to put his name back where he wants it, condemned by satans will.
Proof removal of the name misleads away from Jesus Fathers will:
Acts 2:21--those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved= a quote from Joel 2:31-32--Those who call on the name of YHWH(Jehovah) will be saved--You have LORD at Joel. Thus they will call on the name Jesus to be saved and fail to do his Fathers will. The name YHWH(Jehovah) belongs at both spots.
Just the fact that by satans will, condeming ones for doing Jesus Fathers will by putting the name back should clearly show how false those clergys are--they are these-2Corinthians 11:12-15
We all must choose the path we walk, do not forget Jesus teaches-FEW will find the road.
Quote:
The biggest question is-Why do all of you throw the truths i share away as worthless, like my OP?
Care to enlighten me with the names of the translators that formed the NWT so that the truth of your claims can be verified?

Old 06-01-2022, 07:05 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Good point ^ above ^ because if we look at Psalm 110 in the King James we find two (2) LORD/Lord's mentioned.
The LORD in ALL capital letters is where the Tetragrammaton (YHWH) appears.
The Lord, in some lower-case letters, stands for Lord Jesus ( No Tetragrammaton applied )

And we find the connecting word ' and ' being used at 1st Corinthians 8:6. Connecting between two persons.
One God.....' and ' one Lord, Jesus Christ.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity