Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 03:36 PM

344 posts, read 144,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
None

Its not about disagreement with any of those Scriptures, it is about putting things into their correct place and their own relevance to each other

I agree that Brightfame has a Calvinist ‘bias’ and I believe that is something he is unable to change - that is his own part/allotment/inheritance
Words mean different things to different people. All means not all. It means few. Folks can change they don't want changes.

Just look at Folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 03:41 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
Words mean different things to different people. All means not all. It means few. Folks can change they don't want changes.

Just look at Folks.
Ain’t that the truth
I have been on this forum along time and it is very educational

Lots of disputes and contentions about the meanings of words

Old 09-20-2022, 04:14 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
I didn’t condition salvation. Jesus did.

Do you know why Jesus had Paul preach the gospel?

“Through Him and on behalf of His name, we received grace and apostleship to call all those among the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith.”. (Roman’s 1:5)

“Now to Him who is able to strengthen you by my gospel and by the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery concealed for ages past 26 but now revealed and made known through the writings of the prophets by the command of the eternal God, in order to lead all nations to the obedience that comes from faith — 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ!”
(Romans 16:25-27)

OBEDIENCE THAT COMES FROM FAITH!

Saved by God’s Grace through our faith. Our faith causes us to obey.
Yep

But it’s not actually our own faith, the origin of our faith comes from God

In this passage we see the joining together of the grace through faith and love and that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

1Ti 1:12**And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
1Ti 1:13**Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
1Ti 1:14**And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:58 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
It is your score keeping that is out of whack. You need to actually read the scriptures that misskate12 posted to get her point.

Her first point was Christ's blood. (Christ's Atonement). Without that the score would be 0 to 0.
I got her point. God 3 Man 7

Old 09-20-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
The only one keeping score is you.
Thats fine. That shows I was paying close attention to what you posted. You believe in the purpose of God in Salvation, for a person to get saved, God did 3 things, man does 7 things. You give man more credit than God in His Own plan of Salvation to save someone.

Old 09-20-2022, 05:02 PM

misskate12

Quote:
I didn’t condition salvation. Jesus did.
What did He condition it on ? What man does ?

Old 09-20-2022, 05:51 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
miss kate

False, both are Gods Part, for faith/believing is from/through Gods Grace

Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

They believed through/dia Grace. That prep dia means:

hrough

the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

by reason of

on account of

because of for this reason

therefore

on this account

But you want to take the credit for something Grace should get all the credit for.
God gave us the way to faith. He gave us His word.

“So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17)

Man has FREE WILL to accept or reject the Lord.

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
(Matthew 23:37)

It’s a total waste of time to try and have a discussion with you. It’s one thing to disagree on the interpretation of a passage, but you deny one of the most basic teachings of Scripture. You claim obedience to the commands of Jesus is not only unnecessary, but it’s taking credit for salvation. What a foolhardy thing to say. I cant help but think that you have a Bible filled with holes.

Since you never refute a single Scripture I post, let alone comment on them, I won’t waste another minute of my time on you. It’s time I shake the dust. I wish you the best and pray someday your eyes will be opened to the truth.

Old 09-20-2022, 05:54 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
misskate12

What did He condition it on ? What man does ?
I’ve answered this question repeatedly.

Belief, repentance, confessing Jesus is Lord, baptism. and being faithful unto death.

And now I’m done. Believe what you will!

Old 09-20-2022, 06:05 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,336,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Ain’t that the truth
I have been on this forum along time and it is very educational

Lots of disputes and contentions about the meanings of words
Yes. And the longer we're around, meanings seem to change.

Then there are new words added, and some removed.

Always been that way though.

Old 09-20-2022, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I’ve answered this question repeatedly.

Belief, repentance, confessing Jesus is Lord, baptism. and being faithful unto death.

And now I’m done. Believe what you will!
Okay, so you say Jesus conditions salvation on man and what He does and not solely on Himself ! Thats a false jesus, see you at the judgment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity