Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 08:07 AM

923 posts, read 237,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
My faith is in Christ, and my assurance is in His written word. Our God is an awesome God!

IF we walk in the light, the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin
IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us
IF anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them.
IF we keep His commandments we can be sure we’ve come to know Him

IF IF IF IF

1 John 1
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 2
1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2He Himself is the atoning sacrificea for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 3 By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments.

1 John 3
24 Whoever keeps His commandments remains in God, and God in him. And by this we know that He remains in us: by the Spirit He has given us.

1 John 4
12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God remains in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we remain in Him, and He in us: He has given us of His Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent His Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us. God is love; whoever abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

1 John 5
1Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father also loves those born of Him.2 By this we know that we love the children of God: when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, 4 because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.

13 I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.
Most people I know who share your views think they come up with the faith and then God must save them. But if they stop having faith, they remain lost. So their faith is in their faith until they die, in a self motivated saved state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 08:25 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
Most people I know who share your views think they come up with the faith and then God must save them. But if they stop having faith, they remain lost. So their faith is in their faith until they die, in a self motivated saved state.
I didn’t start this thread to argue. I started it to show that we can be assured of our salvation. I am saved. I know it. My assurance comes from His written word. Period.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:33 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
I didn’t start this thread to argue. I started it to show that we can be assured of our salvation. I am saved. I know it. My assurance comes from His written word. Period.
Yes but you base your assurance on scriptures that say for instance, " if you do something" so its still basing it upon what you do, if you do it. Thats works salvation and its condemned in scripture. You put it out there.

Old 09-21-2022, 10:55 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,137 times
Rom 2:16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

What is this MY gospel spoken of here? Must be important if we are judged by it...........

1Co 15:1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,
1Co 15:2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
1Co 15:4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

This is the gospel given only to Paul by the risen Christ.......my bet is this is the one............

A warning from Galatians.............

Gal 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—
Gal 1:7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

He not only warns once here but twice, use a different gospel and you will be ACCURSED......doesn't sound very nice to me. Read this and see if it matches what you believe. No one can put Jesus in a box and say HE has to be narrow minded and admit only those that believe this gospel of grace, but why chance things?

Have a great day......

Old 09-21-2022, 11:46 AM

923 posts, read 237,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Rom 2:16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

What is this MY gospel spoken of here? Must be important if we are judged by it...........

1Co 15:1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,
1Co 15:2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
1Co 15:4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

This is the gospel given only to Paul by the risen Christ.......my bet is this is the one............

Gal 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—
Gal 1:7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

He not only warns once here but twice, use a different gospel and you will be ACCURSED......doesn't sound very nice to me. Read this and see if it matches what you believe. No one can put Jesus in a box and say HE has to be narrow minded and admit only those that believe this gospel of grace, but why chance things?

Have a great day......
“Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matthew 7:14 (KJV 1900)

Old 09-21-2022, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Have a great day......
You don’t believe Paul’s words are inspired by the Holy Spirit?

Old 09-22-2022, 11:03 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
What do you mean you can not have saving faith if you think you can be lost? Go ask anyone if they are saved. Everyone is saved and they are very sure of it. They answered the alter call and the Priest gave them his assurance. So there.

You say many fall away but they did not have eternal life to begin with. How do you know this? If you ask them right now, they are saved, just like you say you are.

Salvation is a process. A process takes time and is not instantaneous. It begins in an instant but is not completed.

Now if you disagree, fine with me.

Christ himself spits folks out of himself. Read the Book of Revelation. Now do the Folks spit out of Christ still think they are saved? Of course they do.

Until death comes, Then the Surprise HELL package for them. SUPRISE SUPRISE SUPRISE

Just think of how many SOULS received this Surprise last night alone.
Suppose God is a stickler for spelling and sends YOU to hell for misspelling SURPRISE three times.

Again, creepy how you get so excited at the thought of people going to hell.

Old 09-22-2022, 11:07 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,137 times
Quote:
You don’t believe Paul’s words are inspired by the Holy Spirit?
I have no idea where you get that idea........we have it in Acts where Paul is personally chosen by Christ to take the message of grace to the gentiles and Jews.....also it states he is filled with the Holy Spirit.....

Act 9:15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
Act 9:16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."
Act 9:17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."

Old 09-22-2022, 02:34 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Default Can YOU say with all assurance “I Am Saved?”

::Sigh:: I simply can not believe we have spent over two millennia stressing over our salvation that was accomplished BY JESUS as if WE have anything to do with it!!!???!! We are truly a perverse species indeed!!! What about "JESUS IS OUR SAVIOR" do you not comprehend??? WE are NOT our saviors, period!!!

Old 09-22-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I have no idea where you get that idea........we have it in Acts where Paul is personally chosen by Christ to take the message of grace to the gentiles and Jews.....also it states he is filled with the Holy Spirit.....

Act 9:15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
Act 9:16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."
Act 9:17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
I was confused by your previous post. Thanks for clearing it up!

But what did you mean by “This is the gospel given only to Paul by the risen Christ.......my bet is this is the one............”

Are you saying Paul had a different gospel than Peter and the other Apostles and disciples?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity