Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2023, 09:00 PM

190 posts, read 61,786 times

Advertisements

While we are on the subject of John the Baptist, check out this verse...

Matthew 16:13
"When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?"

Jesus is literally asking his Disciples who folks think he is the reincarnation of!

Now why would Jesus ask such a thing if it were blasphemy?

Here are the responses...

Matthew 16:14
"And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets."

Lol... The Disciples of Jesus are saying that the folks around the area think he is some sort of reincarnation of previous people who died.

I mean seriously... why would Jesus entertain such an idea in the first place? It is because reincarnation was common knowledge back then. Everyone knew it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2023, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
You can't have St. John the Baptist alive during the Transfiguration with Elijah, right?
I think I may have read this part too quickly, or perhaps misunderstood. I would like to add something here regarding the Rich Man and Lazarus.

There is a concept in the New Age circles called the 'Twin Flame' or 'Mirror Soul'. The basic idea is that someone's Spirit or Soul is somehow 'split' into two different people.

This strange idea may actually be taught in the following verse...

Luke 16:25
"But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented."

The above verse is teaching *balance*. The word 'likewise' is a clear indication that the torments that the Rich Man will receive will be equal to the evil things that Lazarus had.

In other words, the two experiences will cancel each other out.

If we look even further into the verse, we see the word 'lifetime'. Thus, in order to make this a fair trade, the Rich Man must also live another life, equal to what Lazarus had.

If we apply the Mirror Soul concept to this, we find that the Rich Man and Lazarus are THE SAME PERSON living two separate lives at the same time.

This is obviously a difficult concept to grasp, yet the evidence is there.

Another fascinating thing to consider here is that Lazarus was able to look at his previous life as the Rich Man and fully understand the meaning of Life.

This would mean that we will all get to see our previous incarnations during Judgement Day and finally understand why life seems so unfair.

Old 01-29-2023, 11:12 AM

63,968 posts, read 40,253,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Base12 View Post
While we are on the subject of John the Baptist, check out this verse...

Matthew 16:13
"When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?"

Jesus is literally asking his Disciples who folks think he is the reincarnation of!

Now why would Jesus ask such a thing if it were blasphemy?

Here are the responses...

Matthew 16:14
"And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets."

Lol... The Disciples of Jesus are saying that the folks around the area think he is some sort of reincarnation of previous people who died.

I mean seriously... why would Jesus entertain such an idea in the first place? It is because reincarnation was common knowledge back then. Everyone knew it.
This would be why I remain agnoistic about reincarnation as the method of "refinement" even though I can find no scientific support for how it would be possible. IF it is true, that would establish that this existence on earth IS the Hell referred to, IMO. I hope it is NOT true since I would abhor having to go through another physical life here on earth. I am totally committed to my Spiritual understanding of the next stage.

Old 01-29-2023, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This would be why I remain agnoistic about reincarnation as the method of "refinement" even though I can find no scientific support for how it would be possible.
From what I see in the Bible, the 'refinement' part has to do with One's Genome, as opposed to experiences, lessons, Gnosis, etc. It has to do with how much 'Beast DNA' we have (Carnal vs Spiritual).

The Bible uses the word 'Salvation' however, a more modern term would be Eugenics. So, there is your Scientific support if you wish to view it that way. A big complaint from non-Christians is how 'God is always killing people'. They do not understand it is a war of Eugenics. It is a harsh Truth to bear.

Note that Bible Eugenics is not the same as what the Powers That Be are trying to do, which is the opposite. Both have similar goals in that the End Game is to alter the Genetics of Mankind to its liking. It boils down to two choices...
  • God Eugenics = Alter Mankind's DNA into the Melchizedek Genetic Template (Blood of Christ/Seed of Abraham/Glorified Body)
  • Man Eugenics = Alter Mankind's DNA into the 666 Beast System (Technological Alien Hybrid?)
I do not believe there is any other choice we have.

Quote:
IF it is true, that would establish that this existence on earth IS the Hell referred to, IMO.
I personally believe it is True based on what I see in the Bible as well as observing Life in general. We exist in a place the Bible refers to as 'Eternal Punishment', which basically means Correctional Facility... as in our Genetics are not up to a certain standard, which means we are under quarantine. Prison.

Quote:
I hope it is NOT true since I would abhor having to go through another physical life here on earth.
I agree.

Old 01-29-2023, 01:14 PM

7,414 posts, read 4,198,594 times
Quote:
9 As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.â€
10 The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?â€
11 Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things.
12 But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.â€
13 Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.
It's not about a literal reincarnation, but its about the role Elijah and St. John the Baptist had in common.

Frankly, if Elijah appeared after the death of St. John the Baptist and since (according to you) they are the same spirit, why not appear as St. John the Baptist?

Last edited by YorktownGal; 01-29-2023 at 02:27 PM..

Old 01-30-2023, 03:39 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,930,421 times
Quote:
What are you boasting about?

I am not boasting.

Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM

Quote:
It's not about a literal reincarnation, but its about the role Elijah and St. John the Baptist had in common.
So, it was 'role playing'? Like a LARP? That would make Jesus a liar.

Quote:
Frankly, if Elijah appeared after the death of St. John the Baptist and since (according to you) they are the same spirit, why not appear as St. John the Baptist?
I am not sure I understand the question.

Old Today, 05:25 AM

700 posts, read 217,123 times
Quote:
This would be why I remain agnoistic about reincarnation as the method of "refinement" even though I can find no scientific support for how it would be possible. IF it is true, that would establish that this existence on earth IS the Hell referred to, IMO. I hope it is NOT true since I would abhor having to go through another physical life here on earth. I am totally committed to my Spiritual understanding of the next stage.
Mystic, I have studied this for decades....it is STRICTLY voluntary, reincarnation that is. God does not force Himself on anyone, His gift to everyone is free will. We judge ourselves, thus we have reincarnation. Some need only come once, others, as often as they wish. Eternity is a long time to try different things out.

Old Today, 02:51 PM

11,920 posts, read 3,744,938 times
Quote:
I think I may have read this part too quickly, or perhaps misunderstood. I would like to add something here regarding the Rich Man and Lazarus.

There is a concept in the New Age circles called the 'Twin Flame' or 'Mirror Soul'. The basic idea is that someone's Spirit or Soul is somehow 'split' into two different people.

This strange idea may actually be taught in the following verse...

Luke 16:25
"But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented."

The above verse is teaching *balance*. The word 'likewise' is a clear indication that the torments that the Rich Man will receive will be equal to the evil things that Lazarus had.

In other words, the two experiences will cancel each other out.

If we look even further into the verse, we see the word 'lifetime'. Thus, in order to make this a fair trade, the Rich Man must also live another life, equal to what Lazarus had.

If we apply the Mirror Soul concept to this, we find that the Rich Man and Lazarus are THE SAME PERSON living two separate lives at the same time.

This is obviously a difficult concept to grasp, yet the evidence is there.

Another fascinating thing to consider here is that Lazarus was able to look at his previous life as the Rich Man and fully understand the meaning of Life.

This would mean that we will all get to see our previous incarnations during Judgement Day and finally understand why life seems so unfair.
I also see this balancing in the 2 Days of the past 2000 years

There is the first half of 500 years where heresy/orthodoxy is fixed or set in place by the Fathers/Doctors/Saints

Then the Roman Catholic Church rules over the church - for 1000 years

Starting with the Reformation we are now at the end of the 2nd 500 years

And there is definitely a lot of religious dispute over who is orthodox or a heretic being thrown around

First and 2nd resurrections?

First and 2nd deaths?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity