Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:31 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,686,325 times

Advertisements

First of all, they just call themselves Baptist, they have no affiliation with any Baptist group.

This is probably the most evil, corrupt, and dark church in the world. (and there probably aren't that many) They teach that God hates gays, every non Christian Religion, Catholics, every non protestant that doesn't openly hate gays, they say for every dead soldier, God laughs, every disaster or death that happens, they say God laughs, after 9/11, they called everyone that died..................... a very disrespectful word, starts with an f and ends with a g insert vowel, the strange part is, they're false pastor is in his 70's and he says all of this.

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know wikipedia, but its the best source I could get, look them up on you tube also

YouTube - westboro baptist church protests

this is sick, one of the senior members on Fox News, uhhhhhhhhh, she smiles through the whole interview though kind of funny that the interviewers insult her go to some of the other interviews too, they are good as well

Last edited by Raphael07; 06-07-2008 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 08:01 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
First of all, they just call themselves Baptist, they have no affiliation with any Baptist group.

This is probably the most evil, corrupt, and dark church in the world. (and there probably aren't that many) They teach that God hates gays, every non Christian Religion, Catholics, every non protestant that doesn't openly hate gays, they say for every dead soldier, God laughs, every disaster or death that happens, they say God laughs, after 9/11, they called everyone that died..................... a very disrespectful word, starts with an f and ends with a g insert vowel, the strange part is, they're false pastor is in his 70's and he says all of this.

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know wikipedia, but its the best source I could get, look them up on you tube also

YouTube - westboro baptist church protests

this is sick, one of the senior members on Fox News, uhhhhhhhhh, she smiles through the whole interview though kind of funny that the interviewers insult her go to some of the other interviews too, they are good as well

Yes, I have heard of them. They come up a lot on this forum and a couple years back they were constantly in the news, so I'm surprised this is the first you've heard of them. I sometimes wonder if they are an organization to mock the Religious Right and build hatred towards Christians. What better way for secularists to make a point about evangelical Christians than to do an extreme caricaturization of them? All in all, this group is doing nothing but hurting mourning families and painting Christians with a horrible image. The non-religious will use footage of Westboro in their propaganda to show how "evil" the religious right is.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:14 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,106,797 times
I can say without any fear of being wrong, or incorrect discernment, that the WBC are NOT Christians and that God has absolutely NOTHING to do with them. They're no better than the KKK, Nazis any other hate group. They are despicable and loathsome! They are the type of people that abuse the name of Christianity and cause the rest of the non-believing world to hate God. These people have no affiliation with Christianity, much less the Baptist denomination!

God HATES what they're doing and, boldly I say, hates them. There IS scripture that talks about God hating certain people.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:21 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,686,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Yes, I have heard of them. They come up a lot on this forum and a couple years back they were constantly in the news, so I'm surprised this is the first you've heard of them. I sometimes wonder if they are an organization to mock the Religious Right and build hatred towards Christians. What better way for secularists to make a point about evangelical Christians than to do an extreme caricaturization of them? All in all, this group is doing nothing but hurting mourning families and painting Christians with a horrible image. The non-religious will use footage of Westboro in their propaganda to show how "evil" the religious right is.

I heard about them long ago and just decided to post a thread today. Seriously though watch the you tube video, I find it funny how the reporters insult her, but its also sad too at the very beginning, this seems like a war of faith here, I can even feel the Devil and God fighting just watching this

YouTube - Shirley Phelps-Roper on Fox News

Last edited by Raphael07; 06-07-2008 at 08:30 PM..

Old 06-07-2008, 09:35 PM

14,879 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
God HATES what they're doing and, boldly I say, hates them. There IS scripture that talks about God hating certain people.
God loves them, Simple Living although they may be hateful. God is love. And I believe we are to love them too, as wrong as they may be. They need help.

*hate (sane/OT) - has a meaning ranging from intense hatred to simple opposition

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-07-2008 at 09:43 PM..

Old 06-07-2008, 10:08 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,636,097 times
The bbc did an excellent documentary on them ---- it can be found on youtube.
What was interesting is that this is a clan --- you are either born in or married in, thats it. Hopefully when their leader (who is also related to everyone one way or another) dies, this 'church' will die with it. Unfortunatly after seeing the doc. I don't think it will be going away anytime soon.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:41 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
The bbc did an excellent documentary on them ---- it can be found on youtube.
What was interesting is that this is a clan --- you are either born in or married in, thats it. Hopefully when their leader (who is also related to everyone one way or another) dies, this 'church' will die with it. Unfortunatly after seeing the doc. I don't think it will be going away anytime soon.
The angry old man will probably live to be 110.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:29 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,106,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
God loves them, Simple Living although they may be hateful. God is love. And I believe we are to love them too, as wrong as they may be. They need help.

*hate (sane/OT) - has a meaning ranging from intense hatred to simple opposition

God bless.
Yes, we are to love our enemies and that's not possible without the Father's strength or His love to love them with. And I admit I struggle with that for these people.

But God does hate sin and there's evidence, biblically, that He hates sinners, too. God can and does hate. "Jacob I have loved. Essau I have hated." Hating, for Christians, is a very different thing than the way God hates. God loves mankind but He can hate sinners without the malice or sinful intent that mankind has when we hate.

This is a huge topic though, that involved election and predestination and is probably not appropriate to hijack the thread with.

Suffice it to say that the WBC has no involvement with God, nor God with them.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:37 PM

14,879 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
But God does hate sin and there's evidence, biblically, that He hates sinners, too. God can and does hate. "Jacob I have loved. Essau I have hated."
Hi Simple Living, I see that the word for "hate" in the Jacob/Essau passage has a meaning that ranges from intense hatred to simple opposition. And this statement by God was given before these individuals had done anything wrong. With the understanding that God is described as love and that Jesus died for the ungodly, I understand that He loves mankind. He loves the ungodly. In dying for the ungodly, His enemies, Jesus shows that He loves sinners. And we were all once His enemies. If He did not He would not have died for any of us. So I see that God is opposed to sinners and hates the sin, but still loves the sinner. God is never described as hate but He is described as love.

Ref: Matthew 5

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I believe that if we are not careful, the same hate that the members of the WBC manifests towards certain people will also be manifested towards them, which will not solve the problem, only escalate it. Just my opinion. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-08-2008 at 03:36 PM..

Old 06-09-2008, 09:35 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Yeah, Phred and Clan are a nutty bunch. But I don't think they're much worse than many other Christian denominations. They just don't sugarcoat their message. Although, at least all the other anti-gay Christians have the compassion not to picket peoples' funerals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity