Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 12:46 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times

Advertisements

[BJust curious;
Were you affiliated with a church before you went to Belize?
Mabye they can assist you in your ministry needs also
God Bless
[
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 06:57 PM

88 posts, read 149,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
If you will read the introduction to the KJV bible written by the translators, you will see that they made no such claim as to the finality or perfection of their translation.

In their Preface the translators of the AKJ said, “we have at length, through the good hand of the Lord upon us, brought the work to that pass that you see.”

If the AKJ isn’t a final and perfect translation, then why did the translators give God credit for producing something that is incomplete and corrupt?

Old 07-05-2009, 12:28 AM

3 posts, read 6,622 times
Talking What a blesssing to see people hunger after righteousness

Greetings to all Brothers and Sisters in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Lord blessed me to stumble upon this website while looking for a study by M.H.Tabb. After reading over the comments and concerns it appears that there is strong hunger for Biblical Truth, that’s a MARVELous blessing. I hope that this message helps and aids all those that thirst after righteousness.(Matt.5:6)

Times New Roman]This is a Baptist Church locator
http://bn66.com/churches/baptist.html
Be discerning, but not reluctant, because there are churches posted on here that bear the name Baptist; although they may be just like the churches that were not properly feeding the flock nor allowed you to biblically serve others. Locate a church in your area, then call to be sure of it’s doctrine before exposing your family; ask for a statement of faith or "doctrinal statement" if one is not provided over their website. After obtaining this, then research it and note any discrepancies or things that are hard to understand, so that you can earnestly pray on the matters before tactfully approaching the pastor.(Col. 4:6)(James1:19-20) Even after gracefully speaking with the pastor, the issue may not be resolved in your spirit. Pray even more earnestly asking for Our Lords wisdom and guidance in the matter.(James 5:16)(Luke 18:1-8)(James1:1-8)

If the issue is not on fundamental doctrine which are the doctrines that make a person a Christian and not an antichrist, then don’t be foolish in ruling out the church, especially if The Lord directs you to attend.(see the whole book of 1John) It may very well be that He would have you and your family to attend a church that doesn’t fit your comfort level—In order for you to grow in His grace and knowledge.(James1:1-8)(2Pet.3:18) Lastly, God has given us an unction from The Holy One who will lead us into ALL truth, so never dismiss red flags without clear scriptural reason for doing so, and be patiently kind.(1John2:20,27)(1Cor.2:10,13,15)(Acts 17:11)(James 3:17)

(note. Even though I am using the word church somewhat loosely it should be understood that biblically speaking, church refers to a called out gathering of believers and believers only. So it is not a reference to a building or where we believers in Christ meet for the purpose of glorifying Our Lord with worship.)(Acts8:1-3; 9:1, 5)(1Cor.15:9)

Church symptoms
As far as all of the symptoms that were listed from churches that were previously attended, please allow for the diagnosis. Churches that put emphasis on local bodies and none on the universal church, or on water baptism over Spirit Baptism, or on the pastor over Jesus (who is "The" Head of His Body which are “All believers”) are known as either Landmarkist or Baptist Briders (pastors are sheep like the rest, but have been given the function and responsibility of being the leading example that others can see Jesusthrough

In general, these people will attempt to show you how they can trace their roots or practices all the way back to John the Baptist. John the Baptist was beheaded before the death burial and resurrection of Our Lord, and therefore, was not a born again member of the church. Prior to his death, he had no knowledge or understanding that The Messiah was going to be crucified. He is an Old Testament saint, and not the founder of the church. (There are so many scriptures to disprove these organizations, don’t feel bad, my wife and I went through this same thing) (Matt.18:16)(John3:27-31)(Matt.11:6-13)(Luke 7:26-30)(Mark 6:25)(Hebrews9:14-17)

These movements are heavy and seem to be everywhere, especially on the west coast. A lot of them go to “West Coast bible Baptist College” in Lancaster, Ca. How do I know? One of their professors was our pastor and most of the youth in the church was from there, not that the youth knew what was going on but they were getting programmed. They are heavy in the Sword of The Lord Christian Corporation. The extra legalistic views of these Brothers are not worth the little pearls they may pass out. You will spend more time using God’s Word to wash your mind of the garbage than enjoying the good. I don’t recommend this organization to those with great biblical discernment.. God has a way of reaching out to those who feel it is safe to associate with error. (see Old Testament and then New Testament)(1Cor.5:6)(Gal.5:9) After listening to error for a little while, one’s enemies will begin to be what their enemies are instead of what God’s Word says are to be your enemies.(Prov.13:20)(1Cor.10:12)

They hold to a little red or white book entitled “The Trail of Blood” by J.M. Carroll
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Milton_Carroll http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Milton_Carroll

These two organizations cling to this book, because it shows a supposed true and unbroken trail from John the Baptist to today’s Baptist. Here are two websites that give great detail and expose the error of these organizations as the scripture commands that we do. (Rom. 16:17)

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/baptist_bride.htm
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/baptist_bride.htm

"http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/BaptistBrider.html
http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelto...istBrider.html

Bible preservation
As far as the King James 1611 bible is concerned, As boldly and plainly as I can say, it is without flaw. I trust even the very punctuation to be inspired by GOD ALMIGHTY. Goes does not start something and never finish it. If one believes that He can get their body from here to heaven, then how hard is preserving His Word, the very Word He puts above His very Name. (PS.138:2)(Eccl. 3:14)

If it isn’t without flaw then who is qualified to show us? Satan questioned God because He wanted to be like God, only if one could see what that cost (Isaiah 14) (Ezek. 28)(Gen.1:1-2) If that wasn’t enough for him, then he posed the first question in the bible, and yes—It was to Eve—about God’s Word. Why should he find new tricks and cunningly devised schemes, when the old ones are working just fine

Also if one’s native tongue is English, then master it and not Hebrew or Greek, because even those whose native language it is, do not know all of the nuances that are within it which change meanings and contexts. MASTERING English’s nuances is enough work because language grows to a height and then deteriorating over time, so it is always changing. Another thing that is never told to people who undermine God’s Preserving Power of His Word in Our language is that there are no longer any original manuscripts available to see and therefore trust in. There haven’t been any for hundreds of years. What we do have are copies of what we believe to be of the originals and so which of the hundreds of copies does one trust? They don’t all agree. There are people who are making manuscripts in our day, which is what has been done of the NIV. Colleges have even gone so far in there perverseness as to take this Greek manuscript of the NIV and show the students and say,” see this matches the NIV, so trust it”. What the students don’t know is that this text matches the NIV because they first made it from the NIV. There is no such thing as “The” Greek manuscript. For those that lack Faith in God and don’t hold to Him as having preserved His Word to us in our language; English, I humbly beg you to read the KJV some more.

God says that His word is pure and as silver is tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times (Ps 12:6-7) then kept and preserved from this generation for ever. Whoever questions that is questioning God as if to be God. (1cor.2:11) (Is 55:6-11) (By the way: a furnace of earth is seen very much in Hawaii, its like lava) There is no one who is bold enough to show us the corrections. Without faith it is impossible to please God. (Heb. 11:1, 6) (Rom. 8:1-8) (John10:4-5) (1John4:5)

I hope that no one is trusting one of these “new versions” of God’s word vs. the KJV. It’s hard to picture someone knowingly trusting something to be more accurate than what has stood the test of time and all of mans antics. This is not a science text book or any other text book for that matter, it is God’s Word. It does not have to be revised because it has been proven to be in error like man’s copyrighted work. God needs no copy write, because He is His own copyright; that’s why man can’t get rid of the KJV. So they just make other versions to confuse the people. 1Cor. 14:33, 40. No one, not even a fool wastes his time and effort counterfeiting something that is of no or little value, it would be wise to realize

The New King James is in error
http://www.av1611.org/nkjv.html
http://www.av1611.org/nkjv.html

The New International Version is in error
http://www.av1611.org/niv.html
http://www.av1611.org/niv.html

Now for a balance of God’s grace and God’s knowledge, I would like to introduce you to a preacher that my wife and I listen to every day via recorded sermons, Brother James Knox, Bible Baptist Church of DeLand Florida. We still assemble together as a church under the poor but faithful leadership of our current local pastor. We must obey The Word and assemble together with “ourselves”. We are not to compromise on fundamental doctrines that make us Christian vs. something else, but we all have to compromise in this world in other areas like method of service or how well one expounds God’s word. These compromises are essential to our growth, they teach us to bear one another’s burdens, grow in grace, meekness, Temperance, and a well rounded love for all of our Brethren in Christ. (Gal. 6:1-2) We are known by our love for the brethren by other brethren who witness it and even the world

Brother James is 100% for family because the family was before the church and families make up the church. He does not watch TV. He worked secular jobs until the local body that God had him start from the bottom up, fervently requested that he quite and they would pay to have him work more at the church. Not that the man didn’t work there more than most pastors without jobs, the Brother is driven of The Lord. He is definitely not a respecter of persons. He preaches on every sin and is transparent with the congregation on his shortcomings before Christ. He could care less about your money, there is no offering plate, no preaching for tithing but rather grace giving as The Lord purposes, not the pastor. He is not rich and has less than most of us because he is sold out to GOD. Him and those that would like to, go out street preaching and passing out tracts every week

My wife and I had recently spent our two week vacation fellowshipping with the Bible Baptist Church. We were bit up by mosquitoes, but that was a glorious two weeks. This Pastor goes by the title Brother James and believes that that is even too high of a title. Although he is the leader that God is using it is not just the man, most of church is outstandingly serving Christ. These folks aren’t just “busy” in the ministry. These people are not busy bodies, but genuine believers, it’s awesome. I could seriously go on for a great while, but then I would be guilty of being unbalanced and exalting another brother to be larger than life and that is the very thing I discourage any of you from doing less it displease The Lord and He also remove our brother. God told Elisha that He had a remnant in his day, and God is still in the business in our day. Praise Ye The Lord.
Check it out for yourselves and be sure to comment back.

Oh By the way: He has a sermon on this Baptist Brider stuff along with other “Baptist heresies” and that is what the message is called. If you go to the website and look to the left-hand side then go to bookstore and do a “control f” type in the words church life and that is the CD you can find the message on. This is a ministry not a business so there are prices if you can afford to pay, but if you can’t, then you need not give a reason why because he is not interested in knowing and judging if its worthy, just send them a letter of the sermons/CD you would like and they will send it free of charge. One should note that this kind of Christianity is only seen once in a lifetime, so be good stewards if temped to be otherwise. You can call, but they may not have gotten a secretary to replace the dear brother who faithfully did the work for so many years. But you can always email and Brother James does respond quickly unless he is around the country preaching. In that case on the website is a calendar of when that is, but still write, you might be surprised

Here is a Sound Doctrine Christian Preacher at Bible Baptist in Deland, Florida unfortunately this preaching is not for everybody, just those that want to keep letting go of more sin
http://jamesknox.com/
http://jamesknox.com/

Last edited by PatientFruit; 07-05-2009 at 12:43 AM..

Old 07-05-2009, 12:39 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
do you realize your copy and paste produced something (at least on my computer) which is practically unreadable?

Old 07-05-2009, 12:46 AM

No, I didn't know. This is my first post. How Do I fix it?

Old 07-05-2009, 04:07 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientFruit View Post
No, I didn't know. This is my first post. How Do I fix it?
First of all - welcome to the forum!

Looks better now... I usually click on "preview post" and see if there's any weirdness going on (size markers etc) and just take them out manually. I don't do computer code but I assume some text is formatted in a way which isn't implemented here.

Someone may know of a better way.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:52 PM

Well, Praise Ye The Lord, that worked just fine and I don't have a problem with doing it for future posts. So thank you for the welcome to this forum. How are spiritual matters for you? Do you have anything to discuss? It seems that no one has been on this thread;I guess is what it is called, for some time now.Was the posting of any help or encouragement to you?

Old 02-27-2010, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 3,696 times
Paradise Bible Baptist Church, Pastor Mike Matijevich, 2525 Emerson Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89121 (702-732-8555)
This is a great church in Las Vegas, not sure it is exactly in the area you want, but we used to travel 2 1/2 to go to a great church.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 3,696 times
Portland Oregon is always looking for a Bible Believing KJV pastor. It is a Preacher's graveyard, no one has been able to make it, we have tried for 20 years. My son who was a Bible believing KJV soul winning Christain has decided to worship budha. That is how bad it is here. You would have never thought, this is the devil's hell hole.
So if you want to come there is lots of work to do.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:26 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needrain View Post
They were the tools, God was the one that preserved it, not the translators. So please, don't get me started about the other versions and their motives to deceive people. They purposely changed verses to show that Jesus wasn't God, etc. Why? Because some of those people like Westcott and Hort didn't believe he was God. All you have to do is follow the money trail in this case and see the KJV bible is the only one that isn't copywrighted.
The so-called KJV remains Crown Copyright, afaik.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity