Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:05 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times

Advertisements

Please listen to this link :

ATLAH Daily Webcast - The Last 100 Days (http://www.atlah.org:80/broadcast/ndnr07-28-08.html - broken link)

And then pray with all you have in you.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 09:28 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I diidn't hear a lot of the video, because of my hearing problem, but I heard him again and again tell me that I MUST do this and I MUST do that, and I MUST boycot ABC,CBS,NBC. blah, blah, blah..I also heard him talk down to me by saying "LISTEN TO ME"...I am an adult and very capable of making my own political (and religious decisions) without someone telling me what I MUST do..I have decided that the Obama-Biden ticket is in the best interest of this country..That is my right as an American to choose and vote for who I feel is best suited to be president of this country..Last nights big mud slinging speech by Guilliano(SP) who spent most of the time laughing at his own sick attempts at humor followed by the vice president wannabe's jokes convinced me that I have every right to be ashamed that I am a registered Republican..

Old 09-04-2008, 09:32 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I diidn't hear a lot of the video, because of my hearing problem, but I heard him again and again tell me that I MUST do this and I MUST do that, and I MUST boycot ABC,CBS,NBC. blah, blah, blah..I also heard him talk down to me by saying "LISTEN TO ME"...I am an adult and very capable of making my own political (and religious decisions) without someone telling me what I MUST do..I have decided that the Obama-Biden ticket is in the best interest of this country..That is my right as an American to choose and vote for who I feel is best suited to be president of this country..Last nights big mud slinging speech by Guilliano(SP) who spent most of the time laughing at his own sick attempts at humor followed by the vice president wannabe's jokes convinced me that I have every right to be ashamed that I am a registered Republican..
Ahem... Let's not forget who is writing speeches for the Republican Party now...

Old 09-04-2008, 10:00 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Oprah's a billionare, wouldn't change her life much if her show was cancelled; same with Time Warner and the Turner Broadcasting System (CNN), the Walt Disney Company (ABC) or National Amusements (CBS-Viacom). NBC's pretty weak, so you never know.

All kidding aside, when the Spirit of the Lord ministers, He doesn't shout.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 AM

537 posts, read 1,322,854 times
I have boycotted these companies for years. Every "christian" should ask themselves, do they love the world?

1Jo 2:15Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:53 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post

Uh...Blue...do you honestly expect any less mud slinging from the Obama/Biden camp? Have you read the slanders and "sick humor" aimed against Palin on this C-D forum? There is a ton of it, some pretty vile stuff.

Sarah Palin is a faithful, honest, active, church-going Christian...and has been for years and years. No, she's not perfect, but at least she makes an effort. She has been quite instrumental in kicking the "good 'ol boys" corrupt politician network out of office in my state. (Alaska) We need her in Washington, else we will have more of the same. More of the same Democrat/Republican garbage we've seen in the last several decades.

McCain is a maverick...not your average Republican. Ditto for Palin. I will be voting for her and McCain, not because I am a Republican (I'm not), but because they are the right choice for bringing Christian values into the WH. We have a chance to vote a real Christian into office...not just someone who goes to church because "it looks good"...IE: for political expediency.

By the way...you might think about changing your party affiliation to "undecided", or to one of the independents. That is what I did. I'm able to vote on ANY parties ticket, even in the primaries. I've voted for, and against, both Dems and Repubs....I want the bad ones OUT! If a candidate will stand for honest, God-fearing values, I will vote for them. If not, I will vote against them, regardless of what party they represent. I feel that is my duty as a Christian.

Just a "nobody in Alaska", but I have a vote...
Bud

Old 09-04-2008, 12:54 PM

Bud, I agree with what you said.

I was impressed with that video, mostly because it is someone of the same race that is saying that against Obama, and Winfrey. I am a white woman, and if it had been a white saying that, I would have not been nearly as impressed.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:01 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Hi, Bud..Actually I am an Independent voter..But here in Ky. it is a two party State only: so you have to choose one or the other when you register..Makes it difficult in the primaries, but I can vote whomever I want in the Nov. elections..I don't answer any posts about politics simply because it causes to many problems and loss of respect between friends..I should not have posted in this one, but that is what I think..I am sure you have a great Governor and from what I have read, she is what Alaska needed..I just am not prepared to think she can handle foreign policy, etc if Mr McCain, heaven forbid, passes away during his presidency..The video upset me for the reasons I stated..The speaker was yelling and demanding that we SHOULD do this or that..Big turn off for me..BTW it made absolutely no difference to me whether the fellow in the video was black, white, red or yellow..Yes there has been some mud and humor about Mrs Palin on this forum, but I can honestly say I didn't
see much mudslinging towards Mr McCain (whom I do respect, just don't want him for president)from the podium of the DNC. And if Mrs Palin had been chosen while it was going on, I think it would also have not been sick humor and mud at her expense.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:12 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Thanks Blue for the clarification...I know you just want to do the right thing...I'm not fighting "against you"...just tossed out a few things to think about. I'm just very concerned that we will only have one shot at changing the Republican party from the direction it's been going. McCain has repeatedly refused to toe the party line, often crossing into the "forbidden land" of multi-party cooperation. Same for Palin, who has filed ethics complaints against corrupt politicians in her own party.

Why am I concerned this may be our only shot? Because McCain is OLD.
At 72, this is very likely his only run at the WH. After this, win or lose, he will likely retire, or be gone. I'm worried that the "good 'ol boys" will then fill in the void, and we will see the same corrupt deals going on that has always been...no real change...
We don't need "a change", what we need is a REAL change...one to total honesty in government, and putting God and country first...a total reform of our government. I think McCain and Palin are enough different from the usual "Repubs" to make that happen. It all starts with an allegiance to God...
I will serve Him no matter what the fallout...I don't care what political parties I offend in doing so...

Just IMO...

Don't forget to PRAY...

Bud

Old 09-04-2008, 04:19 PM

Blue62, I am not necessarily impressed with yelling either, (in fact I do not like yelling) , but I was impressed with what he said, and the fact that he was speaking against a 'brother', and definding other 'brothers' and 'sisters' that had been cut down. The nation depends on what is going to happen in November. We can either be uplifted...or destroyed by the outcome. I have seen many elections in my lifetime, and have never had one disturb me as much as this one does. I would vote for 'none of the above' , but do not think that would be the correct thing to do. Too many of our military have died to give us our right to vote...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity