Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 PM

322 posts, read 737,713 times

Advertisements

JESUS declared that the least in the kingdom of GOD is greater than all the Old Testament prophets.

It is amazing that most Christians put Old Testament prophets on such a high pedestal, and think of themselves as so weak, in many cases.

There is in the Church however, an office of prophet. One called to be so would know so.

The Church is the most awesome army in the universe! If only we would organize! If only we would understand that the One who stood before His disciples and said,"I have conquered the world!", also wants us to conquer the world!

Then demons would tremble and flee! Sinners would tremble and repent. Angels would rejoice in heaven and the LORD would be pleased!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 07:48 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
I agree with what you said but I can not understand why you felt the need to post it in this discussion.

What on earth are you thinking, Joe?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:19 PM

322 posts, read 737,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I agree with what you said but I can not understand why you felt the need to post it in this discussion.

What on earth are you thinking, Joe?
I was simply replying to the topic of this thread which is concerning the subject of prophets today. I was also pointing out that all Christians are endued with power from on high and that the Church should not glamorize some callings above another. Each is in the body as the LORD wills and collectively we are a great army.

These statements were not meant as a cut down, but simply intended as a help to anyone intrested in the subject.

Also if we are called to a specific ministry, it is extremely important for the individual to understand that calling/ministry.

I really cant see how my statements were out of line, but if you see a fallacy, don't mind speaking up. What did you think I was thinking? LOL

Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,157 times

God says He wants us all to prophecy (1 Cor 14:5) and places it at the head of spiritual gifts (1 Cor 14:1) Being born of Adam we have the attributes of which being human consists. Being born again from above, which is synonymous with having the appearing of Christ within, we have the attributes of God coming into expression. We partake of the Divine nature (2 Pet 1:4) which is prophetic. From the beginning of our witness to the active presence of God now in our lives we are being prophetic. "...the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." (Rev 19:10)

The life that the seed embodies is carried on a DNA "ladder of life" message. Alter the message and another life form results, if it even survives to live at all. The anointing is upon the Word of God that is formed in us. If our flesh is not subjected to the will of that "seed" Word then we are not in accordance with the anointing. The living word is reliably attested to in the Holy Scriptures. No other writing has the words of life. Who sets aside or defies those holy words has no dawning in him. Many instead teach what their teachers taught them, denying the manifestation of the Holy Spirit. They are honest about what they believe, yet sincerity is the mask of deception. They oppose people being overwhelmed by God; but, God loves showing up and showing off.

Then there are those men in charge that believe in spiritual functions like prophecy, but like to confine it to a professional elite. They want their label on it and believe that they themselves ought to rule, even over God. Never the less, it doesn't matter how knowledgeable or gifted the man on stage is, he's not the body of Christ, and JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!!

The next level is a growing company of people, most meeting in their homes (as the majority of Christians worldwide do). Here true servants of God connect His people to their head, securing and enlarging that connection, enforcing the liberty of the Spirit that Christ the present head would lead forth in His many membered body. We understand to MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP. How we function when we, "...come together, every one of you hath..." (1 Cor 14:26) because, "...the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal." (1 Cor 12:7)

Viewed from the outside, there are virgins, concubines and queens. "There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number. My dove, my undefiled is but one..." (Song of Songs 6:8-9) The virgins are in the house but they have no inter-penetration of the word. They're available to Him but not hot with desire for Him. They have each other for company. The concubines know His embrace. They've received seed and conceived; but, because they do not run lawfully that they may obtain, they are not in line for the inheritance. (cp., 2 Tim 2:5) The exact Image is not fully formed in them. The Queens bear the Manchild who will rule the nations with a rod of iron.

Of course, seen from the inside (and it is bigger on the inside) it is all only one body, that of God's beloved. She is Jesus' girlfriend. She is set apart from the rest of humanity. Though all of creation is in birthpangs (Rom 8:22), the bridal chamber does not encompass the entire world.

Song of Songs 6:8-9...
8 There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number.
9 My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.

Romans 8:21-23...
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

1 Corinthians 14:1-4, 5, 23-26...
1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied...

23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

2 Timothy 2:5...
"And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully."

2 Peter 1:3-4...
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 11-02-2008 at 08:42 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,135 times
Smile Declaring who are blessed

Quote:
TheWordisOne,

As christians, we wish you only God's best for your life.

May God BLESS you!!!

Hey... you should do a study on the word BLESS ... and blessing...

it's guaranteed to bless you

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ...

A study in spiritual blessing, the Lord says those who thirst will be abundant and overflow their thirst.
Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalms 3:8 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.
Psalms 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
Psalms 10:3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.
Psalms 16:7 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. Psalms 18:46 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. Psalms 21:3For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head. Psalms 24:5-6He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah. Psalms 26:12 My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.
Psalms 28:6-9 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.
Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.
Psalms 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. Psalms 31:21 Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
Matthew 5:3-12 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Psalms 2:12 Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:34 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
A study in spiritual blessing, the Lord says those who thirst will be abundant and overflow their thirst.

Psalms 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Psalms 28:6-9 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.
Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

Psalms 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Psalms 31:21 Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.

Matthew 5:3-12 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Psalms 2:12 Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
These ^ are my favorites of the ones you posted.

The word Bless occurs in the Bible 117 times.
Blessed occurs in the Bible 287 times.
Blessing occurs in the Bible 64 times.

One of my favorites is in Numbers 6:22-27

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel;
and I will bless them.

So, did you find out the definition(s) of the word(s) Bless and Blessed ???

I'll be back later!

God BLESS you today !!!

BTW - I noticed that yesterday after I posted about blessing that MarianinAR posted what her sunday school class was about yesterday. It was about blessing. The power of our words in spiritual warfare. It seems that maybe we are talking about what the Holy Spirit is telling people right now.

Isn't it awesome to be a part of the Body of Christ?

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-03-2008 at 10:45 AM..

Old 11-03-2008, 04:58 PM

Lightbulb Declaring who are blessed

Quote:
These ^ are my favorites of the ones you posted.

The word Bless occurs in the Bible 117 times.
Blessed occurs in the Bible 287 times.
Blessing occurs in the Bible 64 times.

One of my favorites is in Numbers 6:22-27

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel;
and I will bless them.

So, did you find out the definition(s) of the word(s) Bless and Blessed ???

I'll be back later!

God BLESS you today !!!

BTW - I noticed that yesterday after I posted about blessing that MarianinAR posted what her sunday school class was about yesterday. It was about blessing. The power of our words in spiritual warfare. It seems that maybe we are talking about what the Holy Spirit is telling people right now.

Isn't it awesome to be a part of the Body of Christ?

I praise the Lord for this knowledge. Learning can be an adventure!

The word Blessing
There is a beautiful moral order in chapter’s 6.-7.; separation, Num 6:1-12 worship, Num 6:13-21 blessing, Num 6:22-27 service, Num 7:1-89 —Scofield's
Study Notes Heb 13:12-13 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
Verses 23-27. Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the congregation of Israel. -- This passage records the solemn benediction which God appointed for dismissing the people at the close of the daily service. The repetition of the name "Lord" or "Jehovah" three times, expresses the great mystery of the Godhead -- three persons, and yet one God. The expressions in the separate clauses correspond to the respective offices of the Father, to "bless and keep us"; of the Son, to be "gracious to us"; and of the Holy Ghost, to "give us peace." And because the benediction, though pronounced by the lips of a fellow man, derived its virtue, not from the priest but from God, the encouraging assurance was added, "I the Lord will bless them."—Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

The word Blessed
Because thou hast seen me. Because you have looked upon my body, and seen the proofs that I am the same Saviour that was crucified. Jesus here approves the faith of Thomas, but more highly commends the faith of those who should believe without having seen.
Blessed. Happy, or worthy of the divine approbation. The word has here the force of the comparative degree, signifying that they would be in some respects more blessed than Thomas. They would evince higher faith.
That have not seen, stronger faith. All faith is of things not seen; and God blesses those most who most implicitly rely on his word.
"Blessed are they" 1 Peter 1:8
John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Strong’s number 3106- 3107- word:μακαρίζω
Transliteration: makarizō
Vine’s Words: Bless, Blessed, Blessedness, Blessing, Happy, Happier
from <G3107> (makarios); to beatify, i.e. pronounce (or esteem) fortunate :- call blessed, count happy.
nounce (or esteem) fortunate:-call blessing-count happy. makarizō, from a root mak, meaning “large, lengthy,” found also in macros, “long,” mekos,
“length,” hence denotes “to pronounce happy, blessed”,
Lk 1: 48 and Jas 5: 11

makarizō is used (1) in the beatitudes in Mt 5 and Lk 6, is especially frequent in the Gospel of Luke, and is found seven times in
Revelation, 1: 3; 14: 13; 16: 15;19: 9; 20: 6; 22: 7. 14.
(2) It is said of God twice, 1 Tim 1: 11; 6: 15;
(3) In the beatitudes the Lord indicates not only the characters that are “blessed,” but the nature of that which is the highest good.

TheWordIsOne

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-03-2008 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: adjusting spelling

Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 PM

I was reminded when I learned a lesson or knowledge is given to me by the Spirit of truth that we should praise the Lord for our studies

Psalms 34:1-3 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-03-2008 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: adjusting spelling

Old 11-03-2008, 06:46 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,258 times
I think Mormons believe we can have modern prophets. hence the name Latter Day Saints.

It seems to me that prophets are an excuse to say you are speaking from God. Why wouldn't God just say it himself? It's just too easy to fake a vision, or to be delusional. I'm sure you think every prophet of any religion you don't believe in are fakers or delusional.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:50 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
I think Mormons believe we can have modern prophets. hence the name Latter Day Saints.

It seems to me that prophets are an excuse to say you are speaking from God. Why wouldn't God just say it himself? It's just too easy to fake a vision, or to be delusional. I'm sure you think every prophet of any religion you don't believe in are fakers or delusional.
So because some might be, then all must be.

I thought logic was your friend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity