Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:25 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times

Advertisements

Honestly I really don't want to know so in depth about my pastor's sex life. <shudder> I can't believe the wife said, "that she enjoyed it, waking him up at night to remind him....". I had so many thoughts (not good) flooding in my head

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 11:12 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,072,460 times
just weird in my book. pastors and parents are in the same bucket as far as too much information regarding sex.

as far as I'm concerned my parents had sex one time.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
I always wondered about the fascination of talking about sex in the church or a christian forum..If I were to start a thread on anything to do with sex it would remain near the top of the forum for days. Not only that, if it did die down and wind up 60 pages back, you can bet that sooner or later someone is going to do a search on sex and bring it back into the limelight

Old 11-24-2008, 01:57 PM

116 posts, read 332,016 times
It's one thing, imho, to talk about sex in church, or in a Christian forum (and not a bad thing, either...see my response in the other thread), but another thing entirely to talk about YOUR own sex in those places. First of all, EW! Second, Hello! Seriously immoral mental images that do NOT need to be floating around in your congregation's heads!

Old 11-24-2008, 03:18 PM

599 posts, read 1,261,201 times
IMO, it is NOT the pastor's responsibility to make sure his congregants have a fulfilling and satisfying sex life. If a couple decides they need help in this area, there are a myriad of options out there in the way of therapists and counselors, books, ect. that can help them get to where they need to be. And the idea of a pastor talking about his own sex life to his congretation....well that's just so wrong on so many levels.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:27 PM

321 posts, read 679,751 times
Did somebody say "sex?"

Old 11-24-2008, 06:10 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
wow....just.....wow.....has anyone told this minister to focus on things that Jesus and the apostles focused on??? Something tells me St. Paul was more concerned about growing in christ than about the Ephesians' (or Galatians, Phillippians etc..) sex lives.

The congregation is not the place for such discussions.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:54 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
My former pastor and his wife once did an R rated (some claimed after it should have been XXX rated) Sunday morning sermon/discussion for those 16 and over - even detailing technique for making things good for your partner

The opportunity was to teach sex from a biblical/morality viewpoint and what is/isn't considered deviant sexual behavior from that standpoint.

The rationale, especially for having the teens in on it was that they are absolutely going to learn all these details and concepts SOMEWHERE with a spin probably not so healthy from a morality standpoint - better to learn this stuff in church than online or from other teens ect.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:02 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,867,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
wow....just.....wow.....has anyone told this minister to focus on things that Jesus and the apostles focused on??? Something tells me St. Paul was more concerned about growing in christ than about the Ephesians' (or Galatians, Phillippians etc..) sex lives.

The congregation is not the place for such discussions.
Agreed. Somebody needs to talk to God about that nasty book he stuck in the bible right past Ecclesiastes.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:38 PM

321 posts, read 679,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Agreed. Somebody needs to talk to God about that nasty book he stuck in the bible right past Ecclesiastes.
Plus the part about dudes spilling sperm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity