Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 02:34 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times

Advertisements

What do you think our rewards will be for? what is the gold, silver, costly stone that survive God’s refining fire and what do you think are the wood, hay or straw works?

(Revelation 22:12)
12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.

(1 Corinthians 3:12)
12 If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,

(2 Timothy 4:7–8)
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 03:00 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What do you think our rewards will be for? what is the gold, silver, costly stone that survive God’s refining fire and what do you think are the wood, hay or straw works?

12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.

12 If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,

7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
The works that are 'gold, silver and precious stones' are any works that are done while under the control of the Holy Spirit. Works that are done in the energy of the flesh, under the control of the sin nature, are 'wood, hay and stubble.' The exact same work done on two different occasions, one time done by means of the Holy Spirit and the other time done under the energy of the flesh, is the difference between whether it is acceptable to God or not. That work could be anything. Giving a glass of water to a thirsty person for example. Or giving an encouraging word. Whatever it may be. The determining factor is, is it done by your own energy or is it done by means of the Holy Spirit. And the determining factor there is the principle of 1 John 1:9.

Further, growing up to the point of spiritual maturity through the inculcation and application of Bible doctrine to your life is rewardable. The rewards are mentioned in Revelation chapters 2 and 3.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:05 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times
Surviver - God's nature

Burned up - Adamic nature

Old 01-22-2010, 07:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
God makes me an archangel

Archangel Tony

<thinks for a second>

<the very picture I have in mind is cool>

Old 02-14-2010, 06:23 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
There is a crown of life,,,,, crown of glory and honour,,,,,.crown of rightousness...crown of good works from the earth,,,,,,where we caste our crowns at the feet of the Lord,,,,,,,Lord gives us a mansion on Heaven from John 15..... Seen Heaven in a visions many years ago,,,, seen the Chariot of Fire it was a Brown chariot like a sky lift, ... where it took me to a Heaven were there was million of flowers in a flield multible of colors as far as you could see,...... He took me to a bridge were I seen a large book of his visions. ... A minister Jesse Deplantis a TV evangelist seen a simular vision and more, ten years earlier, and I never new about his vision until two year after the Lord God brought his vision

Old 02-14-2010, 07:40 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:

Does this apply to you or anyone in this century?
Matt. 5:12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

He is speaking to his disciples...

Matt. 10:41 Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward.

Again specifically to the disciples to prepare them for the hardships they had to endure as a result of spreading the gospel.

Why would you think you get a reward.. for what exactly? Is that why you espouse the ideas you do? for the reward?

Old 02-14-2010, 08:09 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
One of the greatest rewards will be seeing God with our own eyes and live.

1 Corinthians 3:12 is picturesque. God is saying that there will be some who will enter heaven like a person fleeing a burning building that nearly doesn't make it out alive.

The meaning of 1 Corinthians 3:12 [ Important note...Paul is speaking to those who currently have the true faith as their foundation, not in terms of UR]

"The foundation is Jesus Christ". "There is no name under heaven given to men by which we can be saved." and the correct teaching of Jesus

"The quality of each man's work" is "the work that God requires is to believe" ... and how accurately one keeps to the teaching of Jesus

"If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward" only faith in Jesus will be the standard that allows you into heaven.

"If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is...."
Anything other than faith in Christ "will be shown for what it is". Being that different materials are used indicate two things:
  1. that some believers will use more than one thing to build on the foundation besides faith.
  2. There is a range of materials used (gold to straw); indicates the value on which some will place on their "materials" which goes beyond faith. "Gold" is very important to them while "straw" is least important.
  3. Being Paul is being pituresque, the list (gold to straw) are forms of teachings that go beyond faith in Christ that believers understand and defend dearly ("gold" most important to "straw" least important)
"If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; What a believer believes to be important or correct (be that a teaching, tradition) that goes beyond the foundation of faith or is not in keeping with how Jesus taught, will lose what was thought to be correct or important.

he himself will be saved"... Despite everything, it is faith in Jesus that counts. Not the amount of faith, but faith. Yes, you may enter singed from many incorrect understandings or what you thought was important. But God's grace will allow "the smoldering wick" of belief to the "brightest of flames" of faith into heaven.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:33 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,288 times
Hearing the King of Kings tell me "well done my good and faithful servant".

Old 02-14-2010, 01:34 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
Quote:

One thing a reward will be for is being obedient to God and Christ in teaching 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10 as commanded in 1 Timothy 4:11.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:28 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Hearing the King of Kings tell me "well done my good and faithful servant".
amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity