Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,801 times

Advertisements

Isaiah 53: 5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

.................................................. .................................................. .....................................The Lord Chastening .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
Psalm 55:16-19 As for me, I will call upon God. And the Lord shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, for there were many against me. God will hear, and afflict them, even He who abides from of old. Because they do not change, therefore they do not fear God.

Psalm 25:16 – 22 Turn yourself to me, and have mercy on me for I am desolate and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have enlarged; bring me out of my distresses! Look on my affliction and my pain, and forgive me of all my sin. Consider my enemies, for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred. Keep my soul, and deliver me; let integrity uprightness preserve me, for I wait for you. Redeem Israel, O God, out of all troubles!

Psalm 39:10 Remove your plague from me; I am consumed by the blow of your hand.

Isaiah 64:8 – 12 But now, O Lord you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are the potter; and all we are the work of your hand. Do not be furious, O Lord, nor remember iniquity forever; Indeed, please look--we all are your people! Your holy cities are a wilderness, Zion is a wilderness, Jerusalem a desolation. Our holy and beautiful temple, where our fathers praised You, is burned up with fire; and all our pleasant things are laid waste. Will You restrain Yourself because of these thing, O Lord? Will You hold Your peace, and afflict us very severely?

Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me and I shall be saved. For You are my praise.

Psalm 51:11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Psalm 80:7 Restore us, O God of hosts; cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved!

Psalm 85:4 - 7 Restore us, O God of our salvation, and cause your anger toward us to cease. Will You be angry with us forever? Will you prolong Your anger to all generation? Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You? Show us your mercy, Lord and grant us your salvation.

Job 6: 24 Teach me, and I will hold my tongue; cause me to understand wherein I have erred.

Job 34:32 Teach me what I do not see; if I have done iniquity, I will do no more?

Psalm 27:11 Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.

Psalm 143:9 - 11 Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies; in You I take shelter. Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness. Revive me, O Lord for your name sake bring my soul out of trouble.

Ephesians 3:14 - 20 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever, Amen.

Psalm 34:1 - 2 I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make it boast in the Lord; the humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me. And let us exalt His name together.

Proverbs 13:24 He who spares his rod hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines him promptly.

Psalms 94:10-11 He who instructs the nations, shall He not correct, He who teaches man knowledge? The Lord knows the thoughts of man, they are futile.

Psalms 18:18 The Lord has chastened me severely, but He has not given me over to death.

Proverbs 19:29 Judgments are prepared for scoffers, and beatings for the backs of fools.

Proverbs 15:10 Harsh discipline is for him who forsakes the way, and he who hates correction will die.

Proverbs 29:15 The rod and rebuke give wisdom, but a child left to him or herself bring shame to his or her mother.

Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor detest His correction; for whom the Lord loves He corrects, just as a father the son in whom he delights.

Hebrews 12: If you endure chastening God deals with you as with son or daughter; for what son is there whom a father dose not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all havew become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not son. Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness.

Psalm 50:15 Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

(Deuteronomy 8:1-20)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 05:53 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Isaiah 53: 5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

.................................................. .................................................. .....................................The Lord Chastening .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
Psalm 55:16-19 As for me, I will call upon God. And the Lord shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, for there were many against me. God will hear, and afflict them, even He who abides from of old. Because they do not change, therefore they do not fear God.

Psalm 25:16 – 22 Turn yourself to me, and have mercy on me for I am desolate and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have enlarged; bring me out of my distresses! Look on my affliction and my pain, and forgive me of all my sin. Consider my enemies, for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred. Keep my soul, and deliver me; let integrity uprightness preserve me, for I wait for you. Redeem Israel, O God, out of all troubles!

Psalm 39:10 Remove your plague from me; I am consumed by the blow of your hand.

Isaiah 64:8 – 12 But now, O Lord you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are the potter; and all we are the work of your hand. Do not be furious, O Lord, nor remember iniquity forever; Indeed, please look--we all are your people! Your holy cities are a wilderness, Zion is a wilderness, Jerusalem a desolation. Our holy and beautiful temple, where our fathers praised You, is burned up with fire; and all our pleasant things are laid waste. Will You restrain Yourself because of these thing, O Lord? Will You hold Your peace, and afflict us very severely?

Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me and I shall be saved. For You are my praise.

Psalm 51:11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Psalm 80:7 Restore us, O God of hosts; cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved!

Psalm 85:4 - 7 Restore us, O God of our salvation, and cause your anger toward us to cease. Will You be angry with us forever? Will you prolong Your anger to all generation? Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You? Show us your mercy, Lord and grant us your salvation.

Job 6: 24 Teach me, and I will hold my tongue; cause me to understand wherein I have erred.

Job 34:32 Teach me what I do not see; if I have done iniquity, I will do no more?

Psalm 27:11 Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.

Psalm 143:9 - 11 Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies; in You I take shelter. Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness. Revive me, O Lord for your name sake bring my soul out of trouble.

Ephesians 3:14 - 20 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever, Amen.

Psalm 34:1 - 2 I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make it boast in the Lord; the humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me. And let us exalt His name together.

Proverbs 13:24 He who spares his rod hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines him promptly.

Psalms 94:10-11 He who instructs the nations, shall He not correct, He who teaches man knowledge? The Lord knows the thoughts of man, they are futile.

Psalms 18:18 The Lord has chastened me severely, but He has not given me over to death.

Proverbs 19:29 Judgments are prepared for scoffers, and beatings for the backs of fools.

Proverbs 15:10 Harsh discipline is for him who forsakes the way, and he who hates correction will die.

Proverbs 29:15 The rod and rebuke give wisdom, but a child left to him or herself bring shame to his or her mother.

Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor detest His correction; for whom the Lord loves He corrects, just as a father the son in whom he delights.

Hebrews 12: If you endure chastening God deals with you as with son or daughter; for what son is there whom a father dose not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all havew become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not son. Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness.

Psalm 50:15 Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

(Deuteronomy 8:1-20)
......obey the voice of God...Amen...I love you!...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity