Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:47 AM

777 posts, read 1,441,597 times

Advertisements

BudinAk and forest beekeeper said it beautifully.

It's not a feeling or intuition, but a word - similar to the prophecy, but concerning individuals on a more immediate timeframe.
A word of wisdom is for knowing how to deal with a particular situation or person.

Last edited by Richio; 02-01-2009 at 04:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:08 AM

2 posts, read 5,880 times
The Word of Knowledge is:
When God reveals something to you about a person or place that you could not have known otherwise (then you later discover was true), Example: You are planning on going somewhere and the Lord re-directs your plans by giving you have a strong pull, urge or impression that you must NOT go. This impression may be an inner voice or tug so strong till you cannot ignore it. You have no peace and the urging not to do it gets stronger and stronger that this will bring disaster, yet outwardly it looks great.
Many of our unsaved loved ones may reveal that they got a warnings that prevented something tragic, the world has labeled this as intuition, but it is more than intuition for the born again Believer in Christ. It is the Lord giving His people Knowledge of hidden things to encourage, build up, bring conviction, or help the body of Christ.
Example: The Pastor at a Conservative (not Pentecostal) Church stopped mid-sentence and said "the Lord has been tugging at me to say that someone is visiting today that is planning on committing suicide because you think that there is no way out, the Lord said He is going to help you, Do Not take your own life! Please see me later and let me pray with you". Later it was discovered someone who outwardly looked fine later revealed they had been depressed and was planning to commit suicide. This is why it is important to know when God has given you a word of knowledge or when it is your own mind tricking you to say or do something foolish. Experience will prove whether you have this gift because what God reveals will always be true and accurate. If your mind is constantly telling you things that are false or you are getting impressions that are not proving to be true then you may have a nosy, have a suspicious paranoid mind or other mental problems that you can pray that God give you deliverance and direct you to get help to overcome this. A proven track record will confirm when you have the true gift of word of knowledge.

There have been instances where the Lord warned people with the word of knowledge, to not get on a plane or to end (or not begin) a certain business or personal relationship, sadly because they did not obey or understand it was God's warning only to later experienced some misfortune.

Sometimes God gives glimpses of insight into a problem someone is having with something that they have not shared with anyone yet the Lord allows us to see and later it is revealed as a true fact openly. So much caution is needed around a gift like this and moving with caution on this gift is really mandatory. A Pastor was secretly committing adultery and God revealed this to a friend of mine she kept quiet and thought it was the devil trying to slander the Pastor in her mind. She dismissed the impression as not from the Lord until the Pastor had to step down and announced he had been in a 2yr affair. All along she could have been praying for the Pastor or at the very least asking God to confirm this strong tug on her mind.

Oftentimes we do not obey when God pulls on us to do something and miss the Lord wanting to work in us because we don't realize it is from God or that it is actually a Spiritual Gift the Lord is giving us at the time as an example the Lord impressed upon me to give a lady that I did not know some money at my Church, since I'm a giver this did not bother me to give the money but it is just that she appeared to be prosperous and I was a single parent barely making ends meet. She had a husband and even drove a new car and wore fancy clothes but the tug continued to give this woman my offering. After I obeyed the lady broke down crying, her husband had left her penniless and she had no food that day and was asking the Lord to make a way until her payday which was a whole two weeks away.

Last edited by MagnifyChristJesus; 12-20-2009 at 09:11 AM..

Old 12-20-2009, 08:35 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnify Christ Jesus View Post
It is when God reveals something to you about a person or place that you could not have known otherwise (which you discover were true facts). For example: You are planning on going somewhere and the Lord re-directs your plans by giving you have a strong pull, urge or impression that you must not go this impression may be an inner voice or tug so strong till you cannot ignore it. Then you obey or disobey and the result is you were saved from some misfortune or because you did not obey this tug you experienced some tragedy and later learned this was God warning you with a word of knowledge about the situation. It takes time to understand how to use this Spiritual gift, so often we miss it but how the Lord gives us these gifts and how to use them come by experience. There have been instances where the Lord warned people with the word of knowledge, to not get on a plane or drive in a car with a certain person, sadly because they did not obey or understand it was Gods warning they experience some misfortune and we learned how they said they felt an urging not to get on the plane or drive to that place that day.
Sometimes God gives glimpses of insight into a problem someone is having with something that they have not shared with anyone yet the Lord allows us to see and later it is revealed as a true fact openly. So much caution is needed around a gift like this and moving with caution on this gift is really mandatory. A Pastor was secretly committing adultery and God revealed this to a friend of mine she kept quiet and thought it was the devil trying to slander the Pastor in her mind. She dismissed the impression as not from the Lord until the Pastor had to step down and announced he had been in a 2yr affair. All along she could have been praying for the Pastor or at the very least asking God to confirm this strong tug on her mind.

Oftentimes we do not obey when God pulls on us to do something and miss the Lord wanting to work in us because we don't realize it is from God or that it is actually a Spiritual Gift the Lord is giving us at the time as an example the Lord impressed upon me to give a lady that I did not know some money at my Church, since I'm a giver this did not bother me to give the money but it is just that she appeared to be prosperous and I was a single parent barely making ends meet. She had a husband and even drove a new car and wore fancy clothes but the tug continued to give this woman my offering. After I obeyed the lady broke down crying, her husband had left her penniless and she had no food that day and was asking the Lord to make a way until her payday which was a whole two weeks away.
That would be 'Word of Wisdom'.

'Word of Knowledge' is when you 'know' what is going on, but you have no earthly method of having learned it.

'Word of Wisdom' is when you are given the better course of action, even if you do not know the why.

If you are urged to avoid someone or something; but you do not know why, then it is 'wisdom'.

If you have been given the information that an airplane is faulty, then you have been given the knowledge.

Knowledge is the behind the scenes information [w/o a suggested course of action].

Wisdom is how best to handle the situation [w/o the inside scoop of what is going on].

Old 12-20-2009, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,880 times
With the word of knowledge or any Spiritual gift it is imperative to pray for the Gift of wisdom on how to handle and per-fect this gift. I also had the gift of giving when I was young in the Lord and was defrauded out of what little I had by various scam artist right in the Church. There is another Biblical instruction: Do not throw your pearls before swine, less they trample over it.
Wisdom is needed to know the difference in what can be changed and when people don't want to change but just want to get over on people or get sympathy. Some people have misused their Spiritual gift for profit or some material gain. Others have allowed people to use them because of their Spiritual gifts. May God give us all wisdom to know when to help and when to let go and let God. Many Pastors and people in Ministry have burned out or been worn out by trying to help people to the point of enabling them when the person had no intention of changing. "If anyone lacks wisdom let him ask God for it". That's in the word and is a very good instruction.

Last edited by MagnifyChristJesus; 12-20-2009 at 04:44 PM..

Old 12-20-2009, 05:03 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
No this is not true, six sense are the work of wizardry and familiar evil spirits which deceives many people, wizardry takes the Glory to himself and must be paid for his work These are not of God for the gifts of the Holy Spirit is the word of Knowledge, all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are the Holy Spirit were Jesus Christ work through his people Gift of God are not gifts the Lord puts on us and goes away like a prophet may believe. Gifts of Knowledge are the Holy Spirit, Gifts of miracles, Gifts of prophecy, Gifts of discernment, Gift of evangelism, gift of teaching, gifts of pastor, gifts of apostle, gifts of helps are the Holy Spirit. On the last day at Judgement day Believers will be Judged by what Jesus Christ did through us by his Holy Spirit. All other works that we did for Jesus will be burned up. Seek the face of God and find out what Jesus need you to do by his Holy Spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity