Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:01 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,918,725 times

Advertisements

I could only see something as extreme as the banning of Christianity happening if the U.S. government tries to shove the New World Order (fema camps, etcs) down our throat. Sounds ridiculous I know, but it wouldn't really surprise me all that much. In which case there will be a huge insurgency in this country...

Old 02-01-2009, 02:01 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
The first step to world peace is acknowledging that no one path holds all the truth.

Until your sect acknowledges this fundamental principle, you will force your beliefs on others and portray them as undeniable truth.

You will never seek to understand the wisdom of others or consider the possibilty that their own spiritual journey could teach you something more profound than this basic concept of savior worship.

Others will fight back to defend the sanctity of their own sacred journey, no matter how crass they may seem.

You will feel victimized by this rejection and lash out even harder.

Others will push back even harder and the cycle will continue.

Just look at the issue over prayer in schools. Christians pushed so hard to have their interpretatoin of "God" and "prayer" instilled, assuming there was none other, that others were forced to push back and deny hardly any mention of God in public schools.

A more evolved civilization would have opened the door to all forms of prayer and discussions of God, but Christians created a very hostile environment and then portrayed themselves as victims of a heartless secular society.

You have the right to say whatever you want. Just know the consequences of your actions often create the opposite effect of your desires.

All is One.

God bless.

Last edited by Bluefly; 02-01-2009 at 02:30 AM..

Old 02-01-2009, 05:38 AM

109 posts, read 214,366 times
This is getting way off topic. The question is, what will you, as believers, do when faced with the choice of putting your faith in the closet or being arrested and possibly killed for speaking the Word.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:49 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,869 times
I have already been beheaded....

Old 02-01-2009, 08:40 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,399,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
This is getting way off topic. The question is, what will you, as believers, do when faced with the choice of putting your faith in the closet or being arrested and possibly killed for speaking the Word.
I think the question should be, "What should you be doing before this hits the world of mankind ???"

Once it starts, it will be too late to make any changes in one's life!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:46 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
Is it off topic or just uncomfortable to have someone point out how Christians bring this culture of persecution upon themselves by forcing their views and then perpetuating the victim mythology at the heart of Christian mythos. I even offered solutions to prevent this religious apocalypse you predict.

An ounce of preventions is worth a pound of cure, my friend.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Is it off topic or just uncomfortable to have someone point out how Christians bring this culture of persecution upon themselves by forcing their views and then perpetuating the victim mythology at the heart of Christian mythos. I even offered solutions to prevent this religious apocalypse you predict.

An ounce of preventions is worth a pound of cure, my friend.
I am not uncomfortable with anything. What is your definition of "forcing their views." Nobody is forcing anything on you. The choice of accepting or rejecting the Gospel is entirely up to you. If you do not want to hear the message, that does not mean that it is being forced on you. It seems that for non Christians the only to end the anti Christian hostility is for Christians to just shut up and go away. Why, because you don't want to hear it. Does the Truth get under your skin? Does it make you uncomfortable? BTW, execution by beheading is already established under federal law, Public Law 102-14 http://www.staticbrain.com/archive/m...ith-your-head/

Last edited by ShadowWarrior; 02-01-2009 at 10:09 AM..

Old 02-01-2009, 10:35 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I believe that as long as Christians are respectful of people of other faiths and cultures, this will not be a problem.
When do you expect Christians to be respectful of other faiths and cultures? Will this turn around take place in my life time?

Old 02-01-2009, 10:39 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times
How can anyone 'outlaw' what is going on in your heart? If you have a relationship with Jesus....the only people who have to know about it is you and Him. I could care less what may be legislated.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
When do you expect Christians to be respectful of other faiths and cultures? Will this turn around take place in my life time?
Why do people throw around the vague term "respect" so much? What do you mean by respect? Does that mean we have to give equal validity to your beliefs, even if those beliefs run contrary to ours? Respect is such a vague term that means different things to different people. Why don't you say specifically what you mean by respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
How can anyone 'outlaw' what is going on in your heart? If you have a relationship with Jesus....the only people who have to know about it is you and Him. I could care less what may be legislated.
While nobody can outlaw what is in a Christians heart, they can outlaw the public expression of that heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity