Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 11:57 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times

Advertisements

PSALMS 32: 19-24

Oh how great is thy goodness,
which thou hast laid up for them
that fear thee; which thou hast
wrought for them that trust in thee
before the sons of men!
Thou shalt hide them in the
secret of thy presence from the
pride of man: thou shalt keep them
secretly in a pavilion from the strife
of tongues.
Blessed be the Lord: for he hath
shown me his marvelous kindness
in a strong city.
For I said in my haste, I am cut
off from before thine eyes: neverthe-
less thou heardest the voice of my
supplications when I cried unto
thee.
O love the Lord, all ye his saints:
for the Lord preserveth the faithful,
and plentifully rewardeth the proud
doer.
Be of good courage, and he shall
strengthen your heart, all ye that
hope in the Lord.

Love in Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 08:20 AM

37,450 posts, read 61,360,276 times
The NT says there will be a rewards system [I can provide passages if you wish].

The NT does list 5 crowns that will each be given as rewards, and it explains what each crown is given for. [I can provide passages if you wish].

Unless you are already familiar with them

Old 02-03-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
The NT says there will be a rewards system [I can provide passages if you wish].

The NT does list 5 crowns that will each be given as rewards, and it explains what each crown is given for. [I can provide passages if you wish].

Unless you are already familiar with them

Yes!! Please do forest beekeeper!! That would be a blessing!! Love

Old 02-10-2011, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,496 times
dear Vera Perry
this scripture is Psalm 31:19-24, not Psalm 32, please make your correction so that we as leaders don't mislead the sheep by making small typing errors

May God bless you Moderator cut: edit

Old 02-10-2011, 07:15 PM

We have promises of crowns, to be given to believers for specific qualities or accomplishment in their lives. These crowns are given to the believer as rewards, and are given within the Resurrection / Judgement.

1 Corinthians 9:25, And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

1 Thessalonians 2:19, For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? [ Philippians 4:1, Therefore, my brethren, dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. ]

2 Timothy 4:8, Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

James 1:12, Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

1 Peter 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: :2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; :3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. :4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
We have promises of crowns, to be given to believers for specific qualities or accomplishment in their lives. These crowns are given to the believer as rewards, and are given within the Resurrection / Judgement.

1 Corinthians 9:25, And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

1 Thessalonians 2:19, For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? [ Philippians 4:1, Therefore, my brethren, dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. ]

2 Timothy 4:8, Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

James 1:12, Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

1 Peter 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: :2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; :3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. :4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
Hallelujah! forest beekeeper......I pray to have these crowns to lay at the beautiful feet of Jesus my King!...Glory to God! Thank you very much.

God Bless you,
Verna.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia dawson View Post
dear Vera Perry
this scripture is Psalm 31:19-24, not Psalm 32, please make your correction so that we as leaders don't mislead the sheep by making small typing errors

May God bless you Moderator cut: edit
dear patricia dawson...you are so right...thank you so very much. My name is spelled VERNA.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,823 times
Quote:
The NT does list 5 crowns that will each be given as rewards
So how many crowns does one person need? I mean, I only have one head.

If you have multiple crowns, I guess you could wear a different one each day of the week, but isn't that kind of showy for a humble Christian?

Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,448 times
I think we cast them all at Jesus' feet,correct? we don't actually wear them,nor even display them.It is our way of giving back,what He has done for us.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
So how many crowns does one person need? I mean, I only have one head.

If you have multiple crowns, I guess you could wear a different one each day of the week, but isn't that kind of showy for a humble Christian?
God, in His Word, has said that He offers each of us these five.

There may be more. But God's Word only speaks of five rewards that are for us.

Some have suggested that the purpose of crowns is to have them so as to give them to Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity