Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 11:30 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,576,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
YES! I know, right.
An angel's urging or a relative giving verbal guidance....a whole different matter.
But, God Himself...you know...there is no question.
Speaking of 'authority'...the dead give away, besides, is, to me, 'He' says, "I" and 'Me'.
Hahaha...seems obvious, but worth mentioning.
And as said earlier...what I have mentioned ...there is an androgyny about It.
(Tho, for me...a leaning towards masculine.)
My first time...way afterwards, I thought, "Oh now I know why He was referred to as a 'He'."

I loved your stories...and a couple previous I didn't respond to. sorry.

"Unction"...wow, where do you hear that word?! Yes, unction.
I receive 'unctions' often....even as a fork is half way to my mouth...my hand stops midway
as my mind is infused with something very important.
I am told to do things often as in a 'feeling' to not follow the written directions, they are incorrect.

But, not a voice...but my whole body being pushed and overcome by a 'breeze' telling
me, CLEARLY, to give $$ to this particular person.
When I looked to see what I had...my mind (ego, devil) said, give a Five...so It came again....
"No, the twenty"...without words...but a definite 'feeling'.
I happened to have been short on $$ for my high mortgage, even...so what happened ?
Later in the day a person liked something at my house, not for sale....gave me $325 for it.
(I'm an artist.) Made my mortgage easily for another month.
(Of course...later that year...a friend 'felt moved' to give me $100,000 to just pay the whole darn thing off...
but, she doesn't post here, LOL) Thank you, Lord.
She knew it was God moving her, she said.
Lucky me, she is a good listener!!!

Simply Amazing Miss Hepburn I look forward to hearing about more of your amazing life experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 01:31 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
And likewise I really don't have enough time to go into it in detail this Sunday , but certainly will at a later date ....peace be unto you.

Looking forward to it. Peace

Old 11-27-2016, 02:50 PM

15,219 posts, read 10,304,488 times
Never in all my 61 years. Makes me doubt there really is a God or, if there is, why doesn't he speak to me?

Old 11-27-2016, 05:05 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
... why doesn't he speak to me?
Many have asked that on many a forum.

If you would like a guest to come to your house...what do you do?
You start with a sweet invitation.
You clean the guest room, lay out clean towels, flowers, open the window;
in other words, you get ready and prepared, wait and welcome your guest.
Maybe this will give you one idea of how it works.
It is a good place to start.

Best wishes.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:07 PM

You are so good at painting a picture of intimacy with Him. Bravo. Peace

Old 11-28-2016, 10:22 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Many have asked that on many a forum.

If you would like a guest to come to your house...what do you do?
You start with a sweet invitation.
You clean the guest room, lay out clean towels, flowers, open the window;
in other words, you get ready and prepared, wait and welcome your guest.
Maybe this will give you one idea of how it works.
It is a good place to start.

Best wishes.

Old 12-10-2016, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,698 times
Yes, I have literally heard His voice. At the time I wasn't walking with Him as I should be, but had been saved.

Thirty-nine years ago while sleeping I heard His voice, very loud and very clearly ask me, "You know you don't have any brake lights don't you? It wasn't a dream just a very loud, male voice.

This went on for several nights in a row...same voice, same question every night. Since I had a brand new car, I really didn't give the voice or the question much thought.

Around the sixth night, I was out with my roommate, and was telling her about the voice/question. I asked her to go back and check to see if I had any brake lights after pulling in to my parking space...

I had none, and from that point on, the voice was gone!!

Old 12-10-2016, 02:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I was just wandering if anyone else out there had the same experience that I have had before.

Once when I was sleeping I heard a aubible voice say to me " When God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God"

And once again as I was sleeping say to me "God is your strength"

I would like to hear the other experiences that people have had with hearing God speak to them aubibly.

And people please if you have something negative to say, just keep it to yourself, this is for people who have really had the experience and enjoying sharing what God has said to them. Thank you!! I will enjoy hearing what God has said to other people.

It was like someone was next to me while I was sleeping, talking into my ears. But when I woke up know one was there.

God speaks in many different ways, an aubible voice, The Holy Spirit, dreams, visions, His Word, circumstances, and other ways. So, I am not saying that hearing an aubible voice is better than any other way that God speaks, I am interested in hearing about other people's experience who have had this type of encounter.

Also don't take this thread as a way of trying to learn how to hear God aubibly, because this can't be taught. God chooses how He wants to speak to us individually.

So, if you have not heard God speak to you aubibly, or have not received a message from God by an Angel, that does not mean that God is not speaking to you.

So, please don't take this thread as a means of over looking the other ways that God speaks, I only wanted to hear of others who had this type of experience.

1 Samuel 3:10 is my favorite verse in Scripture and this scripture always jumped out at me and I never really understood why.

But I actually had the opportunity to hear my named called as Samuels name was called. But you can read about that experience further down in the post.
Yes, I have literally heard His voice. At the time I wasn't walking with Him as I should be, but had been saved.

Thirty-nine years ago while sleeping I heard His voice, very loud and very clearly ask me, "You know you don't have any brake lights don't you? It wasn't a dream just a very loud, male voice.

This went on for several nights in a row...same voice, same question every night. Since I had a brand new car, I really didn't give the voice or the question much thought.

Around the sixth night, I was out with my roommate, and was telling her about the voice/question. I asked her to go back and check to see if I had any brake lights after pulling in to my parking space...

I had none, and from that point on, the voice was gone!!

Old 12-28-2016, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 701 times
I have. And The Lord confirmed it as well.
One time, not to long ago..my husband and I got into a big argument. I ended up leaving our apartment..& I started talking to God. I vented. And I heard his voice back. He told me that I was wrong. And I needed to go back home. I began questioning what I was hearing saying this isn't real. It couldn't be. As soon as I questioned the voice I looked over to the left side of me, idk what prompted me to do so..but there was a picture of Jesus Christ on someones door. I immediately obeyed..went home and told my husband of my experience.

I've also seen a total of 3 spirits. I believe they were spirits because when I looked away and look back, they were gone.

People of the world can say they aren't real. But I do not do drugs I don't do bad things my dad was a minister growing up and as an adult I searched to build my faith. All these things happened when I was reading my bible listening to praise and worship going to church. Is amazing how God speaks to us. In different ways. I had a nurse tell me she chose her profession because God spoke to her and told her to do it

Old 12-28-2016, 01:52 PM

Amen. He's good at getting through to us when He wants to, by any means He so chooses, and confirming it the same way. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity