Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 01:32 PM

777 posts, read 1,441,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It establishes the goal . . . to develop sufficient maturity of our "embryo spirit" by following the inner guidance of the Holy Spirit and that provided to us by Jesus example using LOVE of God and each other to ensure the proper "state of mind" in all we do.

IF we are NOT reborn as Spirit upon our death . . . we have either "miscarried or aborted" . . . (neither of which are positive for physical embryos) . . . so I suspect they are not positive fates for our Spiritual embryos. Rebirth as Spirit is how we join Jesus and God who are pure Spirit.
Mystic, you're not the only person I know who's come to that conclusion.

I'm curious (if it is not too off topic), what your thoughts are how this relates to resurrection - as being a bodiless spirit will be a temporary situation - as I understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 01:50 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,991,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It establishes the goal . . . to develop sufficient maturity of our "embryo spirit" by following the inner guidance of the Holy Spirit and that provided to us by Jesus example using LOVE of God and each other to ensure the proper "state of mind" in all we do.

IF we are NOT reborn as Spirit upon our death . . . we have either "miscarried or aborted" . . . (neither of which are positive for physical embryos) . . . so I suspect they are not positive fates for our Spiritual embryos. Rebirth as Spirit is how we join Jesus and God who are pure Spirit.

Okay, Mystic, let me ask you this...how do YOU know God and Jesus are ONLY Spirit?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:03 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,341,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, when it comes to knowing all there is to know (let's just say I'm no bible scholar) and far from it I might add
But what I want to know is, everything pretty much add up to me when it comes down to Jesus, what I'd like to find out most of all is , how can you
understand the word of God without the Holy Spirit?
It amazes me how astute some are when it comes to every jot and tittle,there are those that have read the Bible from cover to cover more than once and why some of them are still non-believers? It beats the daylights out of me me!!
For an example I'll use a very popular and prominent person
some are still searching for an encounter; I don't mean to single out people like Oprah and the likes of her , Is there a reason that they don't know Him personally.
can someone help me on this?
What about the Holy Spirit? the guide and teacher of all things
Should people's understanding and beliefs about God, themselves, and what it means to hear God's Voice play a significant role in their experience of hearing the Holy Spirit in their lives?
Thanks in advance for shedding any light on this thread!
Thanks for your patience
God Bless You All
but what about the Holy Spirit?? when is someone going turn Him loose and clear up all of this confusion on here and other places?

I've said it before, Jesus was real to me BEFORE scripture was.

Call it what you want..."born again"..."baptized in the Spirit" etc..etc...

Nevertheless, I remember the exact instant in time that I was given a new pair of glasses ( so to speak ).

And I saw everything differently from that point on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity