Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 11:54 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times

Advertisements

God would not start something That would not turn out OK

If God's justice prevails then everything will turn out good in the end.

Agreed?

No?

Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 12:15 AM

689 posts, read 549,695 times
That's quite a big topic. I don't think that we can justify things for God. I have faith that He does things with a good will and for His Elect.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:07 AM

381 posts, read 799,064 times
that topic is as wide as the atlantic ocean, but here is a scripture for you "God causes all things to come together for good for those that love him and are called according to His Purpose." Romans8

start what? His plan for mankind which is what I dare ask may be the "something" is going to end quite nicely for those who have not rejected the only begotten son of God and believed on Him ,for the redemption of sins and the promise of etenal life. '

If you read Relevation 20:15, it won't end nicely for those at the great White Throne Judgment. the scales are brought out , those under the law will be judged according to deeds, not faith in Christ. Since we can't keep the law there are no winners here. The good man, who was kind and went to church every sunday, but didn't know jesus Christ will be thrown out with Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Ghegis Khan, Pol Pot, and Heinrich Himmler. REV 20 (read entire chapter)

3 stages of judgment

1) 2nd coming of Christ- dead in Christ go first form the grave, then those who remain alive who are HIS go next.
2) millenial reign of Christ followed by 1st resurrection of souls who died while satan was unchained
3) final battle and 2nd death, (death of the soul) and great white throne judgment- satan, fallen angels, all previous dead souls like Hitler, nice man who sat in second row who didn't know Christ but was good, the dragon, and rest of the tares that volunteered on every church committee and didn't know Christ. ( I'm making a point about works and grace)

" Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection, over such the second death has no power" Rev 20

Not many preachers like to talk about Revelation. Nor do many TV evangelists. If they did, things would sure be different.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:55 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

Agreed?

No?

Why?
That depends. How do we know what is ok? Should we not put all our trust in God? If God allows it then He has His reasons which will give Him the glory. He orchestrates everything for His good. If I lost my job then did not God will it and if He did would it not be for my good or ok?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 03-13-2009 at 07:11 AM..

Old 03-13-2009, 10:10 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

Agreed?

No?

Why?
Well, it all depends on what you define as ok and what God is starting.. God's ways are not are ways, so God may start something and we may think that it would turn out differently than what we expected.

But I feel that God's ways are always the best.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Sovereign power, infinite wisdom, mercy, and most of all - patience.

None of these do we possess, but if we would only seek to have our Father's heart, we might see that everything He does is excellent indeed. We have a saying that "everything God does is for the most good, for the most people, for the longest time" - but that's a rather simplistic view of a most awesome (and past finding out) Creator that "worketh all things after the counsel of His own will".

Our definition of "turning out ok" is pretty irrelevant, imo.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:47 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
I pretty much figured on what the responses may be.

A hard-line Calvinist generally will say that billions wallowing in misery forever is great and if it seems bad to us then it's just the 'higher' ways of God that are not our ways. Very sad concept.

More moderate views say (basically) "I don't understand how all will be okay in the end considering the many humans who will ultimately be damned forever but I trust that God is good and just". In this second case it's based on trust, not necessarily on understanding how poor lost uncle Joe or aunt Sally being damned forever to misery is a good thing.

Then you have CU's who understand that all things in heaven and earth and under the earth will be reconciled and that in the end God would not start something That would not turn out OK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity