Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:18 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,671,150 times

Advertisements

Wow, this is interesting. A New Age website teaching the christ-consciousness and straight from the horse's mouth. It's as if you wrote this yourself, Mystic--did you? It is clear I am not misrepresenting your views as evidenced in this article. That is, unless you disagree with the article--do you? But if you agree, please explain how any of this lines up with Scripture?

New Age Newsletter Christ Consciousness (http://www.sedonanewagecenter.com/newsletter/html/2002/cnanewsletter2-1.htm - broken link)

Quote:
The Christ Consciousness
(Our true identity)

By Scottie Littlestar

What is it? What does it mean to have "Christ-consciousness"? First, let me state that I am not 'for' nor 'against' any religion; and that "Christ" was not Jesus' last name. It is a vibration, a 'state-of-being' which we are all attempting to become, whether we are consciously aware of it or not. It is the soul's endeavor during its entire journey back to Source.
Quote:
claim our divinity as Jesus did.
Quote:
Even if you get the concept down that we are all 'One', it still does not make you a "Christed" being as that is only the first step.
Quote:
Buddha, Sai Baba, Krishna and many others achieved "Christ-consciousness" while still in their physical human forms.
Quote:
You....We....All of us are on the way to "Christ-consciousness" (no matter how many lifetimes it may take)!

Blessings to All on this wonderful, experiential journey to "Christ Consciousness"
Now tell me this is not apostate!!!!????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Wow, this is interesting. A New Age website teaching the christ-consciousness and straight from the horse's mouth. It's as if you wrote this yourself, Mystic--did you? It is clear I am not misrepresenting your views as evidenced in this article. That is, unless you disagree with the article--do you? But if you agree, please explain how any of this lines up with Scripture?
New Age Newsletter Christ Consciousness (http://www.sedonanewagecenter.com/newsletter/html/2002/cnanewsletter2-1.htm - broken link)
Now tell me this is not apostate!!!!????
I disagree with a lot of it . . . not all . . . and some of it is definitely apostate (if it claims to be Christian). The recognition of Christ's consciousness (note the apostrophe!) . . . the "mind of Jesus" as the Way to God is scriptural. Their "state of being" is NOT my "state of mind" (what is in our heart). Jesus did say I and the Father are One and that He was the Father's Son and that we are the Sons and Daughters (children) of God. Most of the rest is just set-up to sell their books and products, IMO.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,671,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I disagree with a lot of it . . . not all . . . and some of it is definitely apostate (if it claims to be Christian). The recognition of Christ's consciousness (note the apostrophe!) . . . the "mind of Jesus" as the Way to God is scriptural. Their "state of being" is NOT my "state of mind" (what is in our heart). Jesus did say I and the Father are One and that He was the Father's Son and that we are the Sons and Daughters (children) of God. Most of the rest is just set-up to sell their books and products, IMO.
Would you mind telling me specifically what you disagree with in that article, so I can have a better understanding of you?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Would you mind telling me specifically what you disagree with in that article, so I can have a better understanding of you?
I thought I did that by extracting what I agree with that is scriptural. The other things I agree with that are not scriptural would be:

Scientifically, everything is energy in "vibration" and so that is true. Since everything is vibratory energy events . . . including our consciousness . . . I agree with these non-scriptural views:

"we are responsible for what we are creating in our lives, our thoughts, our words....our actions; for we hold the Creator's energy within our bodies and have free will to decide how to use it."

"Whatever our minds focus on - good, bad or indifferent, we are giving the universe messages that
what we are focusing on is what we want. So if you constantly think of bad experiences, or allow yourself to think negative thoughts, the feelings associated with the initial experience or thought gets continually re-created, thereby causing bad feelings or negative emotions long after the initial experience occurred.
However, if you focus on what you truly desire with positive intent, then you will create good feelings and a positive experience. If you find yourself engrossed in negative thinking, first recognize that it's occurring and stop it by focusing on what it is that you desire.
Many people have asked me "How can I stop thinking about this or that?"
I say, "How can you not?" It all boils down to consciousness.
What do you want to think?
How do you want to feel?
What are you choosing for yourself?
Only you can control what you think, do and say.
Choose to make better decisions for yourself.
Change your thought patterns and you will change your life."

So keep working on being more non-judgmental of others and be more loving of others - unconditionally.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:24 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
If you posted like this about Jewish people, you would be labeled an anti-semite.

If you posted like this about black culture, you would be labeled a racist.
Rolling my eyes...

Old 04-09-2009, 01:39 PM

865 posts, read 2,502,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Oprah will NOT be in heaven as long as she is doing this...
Herein lies the probablem with fundamentalist interpretations of the Bible. They lead to a presumptive arrogance and judgement. DayoftheLord knows that Oprah is NOT going to heaven; hence knows the Mind of God. But this puts him/her in direct conflict with the Bible he/she wishes to interpret so literally.

"By their fruits you shall know them." I'm much more comfortable with the fruits/actions of Oprah, Bono, or several other pop icons that obviously appear to be doing what they believe is the will of God than I am with fundametalist dogma that leads to a presumption to know the Mind of God and judge others.

Last edited by roneb; 04-09-2009 at 01:51 PM..

Old 04-25-2011, 07:40 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He also taught how to pray starting with "Our Father" this was not an accident but a recognition that we possess that divine attribute. We have the qualities of God. Some want to say Jesus claimed to be God but I don't find that supported but he did say he had all the attributes of God...but so do we. If we are made in the image and likeness how can it be any other way?

I noticed some errors in who evolved vs who were avatars. Buddha evolved into his God consciousness. Krishna and Sai Baba were avatars, born with full consciousness of their divinity.

On Easter day the human form of Sri Sathya Sai Baba passed away. The Avatar of the age has left. It will be at least 2025 before the next avatar will appear. I suggest that the time be spent in service to others, and acts of kindness and love.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:24 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,639,720 times
It's part of the humanist movement and apostasy of the "church" predicted in Bible prophecy before the 70th week of Daniel. The majority will go this way. If you are taking the big door everyone else is walking though, you have the wrong door.

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:" Matthew 7:13

Old 04-26-2011, 07:33 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
It's part of the humanist movement and apostasy of the "church" predicted in Bible prophecy before the 70th week of Daniel. The majority will go this way. If you are taking the big door everyone else is walking though, you have the wrong door.

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:" Matthew 7:13

Old 04-26-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post

The apostasy happened shortly after the deaths of Jesus and His apostles . . . and the MAJORITY HAS gone that way . . . they just think they are waiting for it to happen. The few they see departing from the corrupted Gospel are the few who have found the correct and original Gospel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity