Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 02:46 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I see you are still in the separation business instead of the reconciliation business.
So is Jesus in the separation business .......... he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
Matthew 25:32-46
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.
All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left....

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
what is the "left" going to do as they go into the eternal fire prepared for the devil?......... chant UR ... UR UR UR UR ?

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-20-2012 at 03:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 03:20 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
So is Jesus in the separation business .......... he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.
All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
what is the "left" going to do as they go into the eternal fire prepared for the devil?......... chant UR ... UR UR UR UR ?

No God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not counting the sin of the people against them.

No he's not seperating individual people to throw them into an eternity of torment .Stop taking everything literally, otherwise go and pluck your eyes out and cut a few limbs off. At the very least stop taking what you are assuming to be threats towards the world and using it as a platform to preach your message of hate.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times
Quote:
No God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not counting the sin of the people against them.

No he's not seperating individual people to throw them into an eternity of torment .Stop taking everything literally, otherwise go and pluck your eyes out and cut a few limbs off. At the very least stop taking what you are assuming to be threats towards the world and using it as a platform to preach your message of hate.

What is the left going to do .... when they realize it was their refusal to believe the truth for the reason that God sent them to hell.
Are they really going to defy Jesus' authority, power and quote pcamps as the authority to enter heaven vs. Jesus?
Are they really going to knock on the door and plead --- "LET US IN... we're UR, UR, UR, UR ,.............

then we the righteous will hear some thing different
(the word UR sounding from some like as if it was fading away) URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

Matthew 13:42
They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth

Old 06-20-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:

What is the left going to do .... when they realize it was their refusal to believe the truth for the reason that God sent them to hell.
Are they really going to defy Jesus' authority, power and quote pcamps as the authority to enter heaven vs. Jesus?
Are they really going to knock on the door and plead --- "LET US IN... we're UR, UR, UR, UR ,.............

then we the righteous will hear some thing different
(the word UR sounding from some like as if it was fading away) URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

Matthew 13:42
They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
There is about as much Spirit of God in what you beleve as there is in the place of eternal torment( the place you live in, in your imagination) you believe in
You are in for a rude awakening when you wake up,and you will not like what you see,but you will repent and then share the love of God in the Spirit.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,083,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No problem. I believe God hardens our heart as a judgment, to turn us over so to speak so we can finally see the utter futility of our lives without Him-showing to us, nothing good can happen to us without Him so we can fulfil His revealed will; for all to be saved. Some of us have to hit rock bottom before we can see the light. So to answer this thread. I say, no.
you've become a universalist, haven't you?...

Old 06-21-2012, 10:46 AM

303 posts, read 431,037 times
Quote:

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

Jesus is in the separation business and the reconciliation business as well.

Genesis 25:23
And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels;

Stop looking outward to him separating you from other people and start looking inward to the separation he is doing in you.

Within you are two nations, two manner of people:
the nation born of the flesh; the son of bondage - in bondage to sin
the nation born of the Spirit; the son of promise - righteous and free in Christ

We know we have both manner of people within us. We are made from the dust of the earth which is at enmity with God (our earthy nature) but God has assured us that we also have the spirit within each and every one of us (our spiritual nature).
Adam did not become a living breathing soul until God first blew his Spirit in Adam and it is the same with all of us. God is Life and he is the life in each of us.(Read Genesis 2:7)

But the flesh lusteth against the Spirit and the Spirit aginst the flesh; and these are contrary one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.(Galatians 5:17)

This is why Paul said in

Romans 7:14-17
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

When he separates the goat (your sinful nature) from the sheep (the son of promise that he is shepherding) then you will be made completely in his image, without sin; this will happen for ALL of us. When it does, everyone will be reconciled to him.

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.(1 Corinthians 15:49)

Start looking within!!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
Jesus is in the separation business and the reconciliation business as well.

Genesis 25:23
And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels;

Stop looking outward to him separating you from other people and start looking inward to the separation he is doing in you.

Within you are two nations, two manner of people:
the nation born of the flesh; the son of bondage - in bondage to sin
the nation born of the Spirit; the son of promise - righteous and free in Christ

We know we have both manner of people within us. We are made from the dust of the earth which is at enmity with God (our earthy nature) but God has assured us that we also have the spirit within each and every one of us (our spiritual nature).
Adam did not become a living breathing soul until God first blew his Spirit in Adam and it is the same with all of us. God is Life and he is the life in each of us.(Read Genesis 2:7)

But the flesh lusteth against the Spirit and the Spirit aginst the flesh; and these are contrary one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.(Galatians 5:17)

This is why Paul said in

Romans 7:14-17
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

When he separates the goat (your sinful nature) from the sheep (the son of promise that he is shepherding) then you will be made completely in his image, without sin; this will happen for ALL of us. When it does, everyone will be reconciled to him.

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.(1 Corinthians 15:49)

Start looking within!!
Hi cimaroon

He separates then reconciles them.

But Esau ran to meet Jacob and embraced him; he threw his arms around his neck and kissed him. And they wept. Genesis 33:4

Indeed we do weep, when years of separation go by. Be at peace with all men.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:37 AM

303 posts, read 431,037 times
Quote:
Hi cimaroon

He separates then reconciles them.

But Esau ran to meet Jacob and embraced him; he threw his arms around his neck and kissed him. And they wept. Genesis 33:4

Indeed we do weep, when years of separation go by. Be at peace with all men.

I am at peace with ALL men....I do believe in the reconciliation of everyone back to God

Old 06-21-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
I am at peace with ALL men....I do believe in the reconciliation of everyone back to God
I know you are

Old 06-21-2012, 06:25 PM

481 posts, read 866,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No problem. I believe God hardens our heart as a judgment, to turn us over so to speak so we can finally see the utter futility of our lives without Him-showing to us, nothing good can happen to us without Him so we can fulfil His revealed will; for all to be saved. Some of us have to hit rock bottom before we can see the light. So to answer this thread. I say, no.
Yes, this is true that God our Father does allow us to harden our heart so we can finally see the utter futility of our lives as you mentioned, but the Spirit does not do this, as we do this on our own through free will choices, How else are we to come closer to God our Father except through our own free will choices and learning from the consequences of our wayward ways. And yes, some do hit rock bottom literally before they finally start to submit to Him through Christ Jesus.

The question for this thread is...."Does God generate or escalate sin inside a person?"

Good question, but very easy to answer.

Does God generate sin within man?

No! God our Father does not generate sin within us as man, man does this on their own through their own free will choices.

Does He escalate sin within man?

No! We do this on our own again through our own free will choices.

God is not of sin, nor does He invest in sin from His children. We must choose to live in Him as He lives in us (for believers that is), and this is made from our own free will choice, and no one can interfere or intervene with this. Not even God our Father will interfere or intervene with our free will choices (including our choices of sin), nor does Satan or his minion of most unclean have this authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity