Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The Bible contains the Words of Life.

All other books might be fun to read, they might be interesting, they might have colorful pictures, but they cant lead you to Life.

The Bible can do that...
In no way am i undermining the Living word of God . What i am saying to you is the Jewish leaders (From the High Priest down) had the word and never knew our Lord and Savior .

Old 06-04-2009, 06:28 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Your allowing your interpretation of scripture to justify your insensitivity and pride. Your rude and critical and that just doesn't solve anything. We are supposed to be helping people to rise up, not heckle at them while their down.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:48 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
Dont care...
I never asked if you think what you do is backed by the Bible or not.
Im not at all interested in your views on that.

I would never ask any type of Moderator cut: sinner, no matter what type, if they felt what they were doing is backed by the Bible?

I just saying that it is not.
It is not backed up by the Text and in fact the Text is very clear that the Gays do not get to even enter into the Kingdom.

Thus, being that the Text is very clear on this point, it seems a bit pointless what the Gays think of the Kingdom right?

They dont enter so I can guess they hate the Kingdom.
I can guess they have all kinds of reasons why they dont need to pay attention to the Bible and it warnings to the Gays.
I can guess that lots of gays feel fine with knowing the Bible stands 100% against their actions...

Thats why I dont care what they think....
It's pointless to care.
The church has a long history of moral intolerance towards gays and lesbians…towards anybody who differs from them, which makes it imperative that you and others like you recall the cardinal distinction in Jesus' teaching between true morality and its moralistic perversion.

While you can cite the fears of gospel writers and invoke their words literally to support an act of discrimination, you, nor anybody who claims to be a Christian cannot live in the spirit of Jesus and then act to put me, or countless other gay men and women down.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 06-05-2009 at 07:30 AM..

Old 06-04-2009, 07:37 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times
Quote:
My Christian honesty demands that I speak only what is supported by the text
That's rich! "My Christian honesty" .....you are so puffed-up with self-righteousness, it's enough to make one nauseous.

Do you ever sin? In ANY WAY whatsoever? Or are you so arrogant and conceited, to believe that you are sinless?

Stop pointing fingers at other people, and look into the mirror, man. You might not like what you see and, more importantly, are you sure your attitude mirrors that of our Savior?

I would think about it, if I were you.....while you still have time.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:44 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The issue is for the Christian heart shouldn't so much be , "i don't care what the world thinks of me". It should be, "I care about the world."
Oh, I dont care about what the world thinks at all...no good Christian should.

The Christian faith was not started up by people who sat around and worried that the world didnt love them...LOL

I do not spend my day worried that the world does not respect the Christian message the way it does the message coming from Moderator cut: sinners.
The world loves its own,,,Im not part of a faith that is said to be concerned with the world at all.

We are part of a faith that stands against the world.
Every time a Christian stands up for what is right he will be going up against the world....
We dont care...we stand up because it is the right thing to do, not to be loved.

Dont care at all,,,not even a little bit.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 06-05-2009 at 07:31 AM..

Old 06-04-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Your Christian honesty has you calling people with homo-sexual inclinations perverts? .
"inclinations"?
Im not even sure I have addressed that term before in my life...LOL

However I do stand up and should stand up against evil in this world.
Being gay is evil.
It leads to a wall between you and the Kingdom.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What i am saying to you is the Jewish leaders (From the High Priest down) had the word and never knew our Lord and Savior .
yes, very true...owning a bible does not make you saved.
Im sure that many perverts can quote the bible in support of all kinds of evil.

Im just saying that being Gay will cause a person to not enter into the Kingdom.
Not being part of the Kingdom it the greatest loss a person can suffer....way past any other harm a person can do to themselves.

Being Gay is against the Christian walk,,,and it is never going to be part of the Christian walk..

Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Oh, I dont care about what the world thinks at all...no good Christian should.

The Christian faith was not started up by people who sat around and worried that the world didnt love them...LOL

I do not spend my day worried that the world does not respect the Christian message the way it does the message coming from Moderator cut: sinners.
The world loves its own,,,Im not part of a faith that is said to be concerned with the world at all.

We are part of a faith that stands against the world.
Every time a Christian stands up for what is right he will be going up against the world....
We dont care...we stand up because it is the right thing to do, not to be loved.

Dont care at all,,,not even a little bit.
This nastiness, and transparent hostility should be locked. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 06-05-2009 at 07:32 AM..

Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
We are supposed to be helping people to rise up, not heckle at them while their down.
We are supposed to be standing up against evil.
We are told to be a witness.

Yes, it will cause some people harm to their family.
Yes, some parents may need to take a stand against their own children.
Yes some children may need to take a stand that forever puts them on the other side of their parents.

But this is what we are told to do.
We bring the sword....the sword is the Word of God.

If you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen...

Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
If you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen...
I think you are the one who needs to be worried about "handling the heat." Pun intended....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity