Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 12:24 PM

221 posts, read 379,694 times

Advertisements

I happened to tune into TBS last night.
They are still broadcasting in analog. I really, really hope that they
can continue with their analog, as then, this seems to me, to be the
only non-digital broadcaster. Some day the TBS analog will be
VERY useful to this country. It is also my prayer that some of the other broadcast stations will maintain their analog for emergency situations.
All digital is a crutch, you know. All digital broadcasting is not a good thing.

Okay....There was this lady preacher talking about 2 Samuel chapters
11 and 12. I thought that she did a very good job at making the scripture relevant. She was concerned about faith communities having grief from their wandering pastors. She, a Californian, was saying how she knew of at least three congregations near her where the pastor was sexually sinning with woman (and men) from the church. She took the passages of the Bible and substituted the word 'pastor' into it. It was, as if, God was speaking directly then to the current situation.

I guess I was marveling at how this technique of substitution was helpful.
I also thought that it wasn't only certain faith groups that are currently being blasted all over the news that had this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity